Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know lethalhamster...  
Full Name Removed Intentionally
Nickname lethalhamster 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Sammamish, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1037  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/28/2003 10:53:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
I need a router solution. I just moved into a house with some friends about a week ago. It's a great place to live and I'm having a lot of fun, the only problem is they have a little wireless-G Linksys router. It works fine of course, and with 5 people the internet conne... 
Posted September 11, 2007 6:40:17 PM
I hate Sprint. Ok, so. I was at school minding my own business dialing a friends phone number into my cell phone while leaning over the railing on the top floor at my school. I finished dialing the number and turned to rest my elbow on the railing whil... 
Posted April 21, 2007 5:48:58 PM
Give me ideas for a job! Hola Gents! So I want to move out of my parents' house here pretty soon. I have a job, its just not stable work that I can rely on. (pays well when I do work though). Right now I am going to a Technical College working on getting my 2 ye... 
Posted April 17, 2007 10:56:14 PM
I'm thinking of taking a road trip.... Well, I'm not doing much with my life right now. I'm 19, going to a technical college to get an Associates Degree in computer networking and I don't do much with my free time. I mostly work and go to school. Spring break is coming up(unfortunately it... 
Posted March 21, 2007 3:34:50 PM
How do I keep KDE from starting up? Hello, I am in class here using Debian Linux, and its been a while since I have used linux and I used to have my linux set up for command line login and I would be able to just "starx" and hav it load X with an Xterm(no window manager yet) and the... 
Posted March 5, 2007 11:11:46 AM
Pirate Bay to buy its own country! Oh man, I thought this was a pretty cool article: Ars' story on Pirate Bay. Sounds prety cool, not for the idea that they will be able to pirate more of just about everything easier, but just the idea of having ones own country to do w... 
Posted January 16, 2007 12:27:04 AM
I Got My New Car Today! Heya GDnet'ers! about a week ago I bought a '94 Subaru Legacy! I didn't get to take it home until today because the seatbelt was broken and the dealership had to fix it. It was a great deal. It was $3,500(USD) from a dealership. they put new tires... 
Posted September 27, 2006 11:08:21 PM
Anyone here have experience with water cooling? Well the sound comming from my computer is starting to get on my nerves. I've owned this computer for a few months now(I built it myself) and I would like to switch to water cooling so I can get some of these fans out of here and quiet it down!... 
Posted September 15, 2006 4:52:18 AM
Where are you going to school? What classes are you taking? I haven't seen a thread like this yet, and it's that time of year. Where is everyone going to school? What classes are you taking this quarter(or semester)? I just graduated high school and decided Technical college was my best choice. I'm go... 
Posted September 3, 2006 12:17:18 AM
I'm looking into what to do for school next year. I need some advise. Hey Gamedev! To I went to and advisory session for new students at the local community collegeso that I could sign up for classes for this fall. After talking with my parents and a little with the advisor lady at the school I think I've decided th... 
Posted August 14, 2006 9:49:48 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Best Windows OS for a new Mac? If it's just as a secondary OS and you will be using OS X most of the time and don't want to spend a lot of money then XP Home should do fine.... Wow, just looked at the prices and forgot how expensive that is... I got Vista Ultimate from someone I k... 
Posted February 7, 2008 1:59:19 AM
COD4 Spoiler: I thought it was a great game. Sure the single player was short, but when that nuke went off I was like "Oh Snap! Would they actually do that to me?!" Then you come out of the chopper after the nuke goes off and your sort of still alive a... 
Posted January 28, 2008 1:06:37 AM
Left 4 Dead Yeah, L4D looks awesome. I'm also looking forward to Natural Selection 2 and Black Mesa Source (while we're sort of on the Source Engine.) 
Posted December 8, 2007 6:50:27 AM
XP 32 vs Vista 64 for gaming I've been running Vista x64 on an Athlon 64 X2 6000+(3.0Ghz), 4GB of RAM, and a Radeon 2600XT. It's been running perfectly fine. I play mostly Orange Box(TF2, Portal), and Call of Duty 4. Everything runs smoothly. 
Posted December 4, 2007 2:41:23 AM
laptops vs desktops, a census Desktop, laptop, server. Vista, Vista/ArchLinux, Windows Server 2003.  
Posted November 7, 2007 10:47:11 PM
fun in 64 bloody bits Quote:Original post by boolean If you plan on playing any games, forgetaboutit. Why do you say that? I bought Vista Home Premium 64bit and it has worked the same as my old install of 32bit XP on the same machine. I recently upgraded... 
Posted October 17, 2007 2:00:41 AM
Portal Quote:Original post by Jemburula Since you're all finished portal... is anyone playing Episode 2? I'm stuck on the part where you have to get the car across the collapsing bridge. I've tried jumping it, tried pushing all the cars to the other s... 
Posted October 13, 2007 8:27:42 PM
short sleeve shirt I wore a short sleeve shirt to my MS interview. Of course it was a nice button up collard shirt. It really depends on what type of job. If it's really classy then I think long sleeve would be your best choice. 
Posted October 4, 2007 11:19:12 PM
dell server My recommendation would be to build your own computer and set up whatever OS you choose with your server config. It would be easier to help you if you let us know what your going to be using it for. Remote data storage you could grab just about any c... 
Posted October 4, 2007 9:43:44 PM
Raw images Google search for "Irfanview". Last time I came across a weird image format I was pointed that way and it worked! 
Posted September 30, 2007 3:20:23 AM
View All Replies Made By This User