Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know NickGeorgia...  
Full Name  
Nickname NickGeorgia 
State/Province, Country GA   United States
GD Gathering City Atlanta, GA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1320  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/12/2005 9:25:37 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Mesh Refinement I have started to implement a mesh refinement algorithm using a quad-tree structure(i.e. removing and adding vertices, coarse to refined). However, I am unclear about what approach would be best for rendering the final vertices and wanted to draw up... 
Posted April 11, 2007 9:03:49 AM
what file format for models? I was looking into what file format I should use for 3d models and was wondering which one is preferred. This concerned me since I was first examining the md2 model and it seemed to have restrictions on the number of verticies and texture... 
Posted January 30, 2006 8:47:25 PM
Ideas for AI and games Just thought I would start a thread for a change so we could try and compile some ideas for games and using AI techniques. I'll start off: 1. Use a recurrent neural network to try and predict player movements in an FPS. 2. Use a genetic algo... 
Posted January 17, 2006 6:17:17 AM
ah to be 15 again... ... oh wait these people are over 15+ Lighting bolt! 
Posted January 1, 2006 3:58:49 PM
Multiprocessor Clusters I'm kind of a newbie to multiprocessor architectures so I was wondering does anyone have any good links on how to implement one using Windows based machines? A "share nothing" type would be cool to see. Sorry if I put this in the wrong pl... 
Posted July 20, 2005 6:00:01 PM
Database Woes (reading before writing) I am having a little trouble with working with a database and wonder if anyone might know a solution. I am using a MS Access database and the Jet driver. Also I am using OleDbConnection, OleDbCommand, ExecuteNonQuery()... etc. (not using DataSet) ... 
Posted July 23, 2005 2:33:41 PM
Simple AI Stuff I put some journal entries on Neural Nets, Fuzzy Logic, and Petri Nets. If you don't mind my sense of humor (or bad grammar), then you might find them useful. You may have to scan down a little bit. Here is a link. 
Posted July 2, 2005 2:03:57 PM
More Visual Basic .Net I would like more articles/tutorials on Visual Basic .Net and DirectX programming. Any on managed code would be a major plus as well. Anyone else want this?  
Posted June 19, 2005 4:25:29 PM
Well... I got my intro working... I've been working on my intro and it's almost where I want it. Now I just gotta make the game. This is my second attempt at 3D (I made a crappy thing for the first 4E1), but I think I'm getting the hang of things. Seems rather similiar to Ope... 
Posted June 17, 2005 11:09:55 PM
Sweet....another game contest Hey guys, long time no see although it's been so long I'm not sure if you guys remember me. (The Tailgater game from contest 1?) Anyway, glad to see another contest is out and I'll try my best to make my "once every decade" entry. Let the fun be... 
Posted June 12, 2005 9:36:07 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Mesh Refinement Thanks for your responses. I have been looking over several papers such as Lindstrom and older ones. I think I will try to do a full triangle strip as used by Lindstrom's paper and as some of you suggest. As you say, gpulove, test test test.... 
Posted April 13, 2007 9:25:36 AM
Line intersection + I am losing my mind. linear algebra? a11*x+a12*y = c1 a21*x+a22*y = c2  
Posted March 10, 2006 9:01:40 PM
Book recommendations for high-level math refreshment? I always liked the differential equations book by Boyce and Diprima. As for Taylor Series, and basic calculus I would suggest Thomas and Finney. Linear Algebra, I like Anton's book. Principle Component, etc. I would suggest Duda's Pattern Classifi... 
Posted February 13, 2006 5:02:55 PM
Happy Birthday, Me! Happy Birthday Rob! Have a great day!  
Posted February 12, 2006 11:03:24 AM
Did I really get this girl pregnant? You tell me Quote:Original post by Machaira Quote:Original post by NickGeorgia Quote:Original post by Miranda Quote:Original post by NickGeorgia Just a thing I noticed in the pictures. Wouldn't there be little baby things around that desk (if it is her desk... 
Posted February 11, 2006 4:45:15 AM
Did I really get this girl pregnant? You tell me Quote:Original post by Miranda Quote:Original post by NickGeorgia Just a thing I noticed in the pictures. Wouldn't there be little baby things around that desk (if it is her desk)? You know little figurines, angels, etc. huh? Why? Me just... 
Posted February 10, 2006 9:46:43 AM
Did I really get this girl pregnant? You tell me Just a thing I noticed in the pictures. Wouldn't there be little baby things around that desk (if it is her desk)? You know little figurines, angels, etc. 
Posted February 10, 2006 12:10:52 AM
what file format for models? thx yckx! oh and ++'s ratings for everyone that helped :) 
Posted February 1, 2006 8:49:21 PM
I'm going on a Diet... Quote:Original post by Prozak @NickGeorgia: Tea curbs your hunger? Well, part of having a good diet is never being hungry. If you're hungry your Enteric Nervous System will know it and start off a chain reaction of energy-saving measures. That's a b... 
Posted January 31, 2006 5:08:13 PM
what file format for models? Thanks guys for your advice. I think I will try 3ds. Demus, which format has skin and bone also? CableGuy, sounds like a good idea to write my own exporter. But I think my head would explode since I am learning C++, OpenGL, and Blender at the s... 
Posted January 31, 2006 4:45:53 PM
View All Replies Made By This User