Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Tomasz Dabrowski...  
Full Name  
Nickname Tomasz Dabrowski 
State/Province, Country Warszawa   Poland
GD Gathering City Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1018  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/19/2008 7:58:16 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Deferred Global Illumination I started new GI renderer, using OpenGL 3.2. I create multiple point lights to simulate GI, and use deferred shading to render them. With nv_explicit_multisample, I have real antialiasing (not edge-blur-filter). http://dabroz.scythe.pl/2009/09/15/de... 
Posted September 16, 2009 4:45:34 PM
FPS game This is pretty old screen, beginning of October 2009. Its basically dynamic-only lighting (but no deferred lighting at that time) with SSAO. HUD was added as separate layer (we were testing a lot of different HUDs at that time). Map was created in Va... 
Posted January 4, 2010 9:48:54 AM
FBO + multisample + RA textures I have problem with using RA (LUMINANCE_ALPHA) textures with FBO & multisampling. If I create RA16F multisample rendertarget and render scene and then downsample it to "normal" RA16F rendertarget, I lose alpha channel. However, if I use RGBA16F a... 
Posted June 27, 2009 1:29:10 PM
CG doesn't work with OGL 3.0 /OGL 3.1Forward Context If I create normal OGL context (without using WGL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_BIT_ARB) everything works fine. But with WGL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_BIT_ARB set, CG finds no profiles (PROFILE_UNKNOWN) and doesn't work at all. Also generates some OGL... 
Posted June 27, 2009 1:25:57 PM
Setting matrices in CG very slow I have a performance issue in my OpenGL application. I am rendering objects using VBO but FPS is very low. I found that the code responsible for this slowdown is cgGLSetMatrixParameterfc. I used is to pass transformation matrix from physics en... 
Posted July 19, 2008 8:10:07 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
FPS game Map geometry is stored just as triangles. Additionally we store pre-cooked PhysX static mesh and recast+detour navigation data. 
Posted January 4, 2010 4:16:36 PM
Deferred Global Illumination Hello, unfortunately the only known driver to support OpenGL 3.2 is Nvidia 190.57. Anything else crashes. I backported it to OpenGL 3.1 and while it works on most new NV drivers, still crashes on ATI. I will post full source code soon,... 
Posted September 26, 2009 6:58:48 PM
[Solved] OpenGL picking and more OnMouseClick (x, y): SetShader("color_picking"); RenderScene(); object * o = GetObjectFromColor(GetColor(x, y)); 
Posted September 17, 2009 9:24:41 AM
Deferred Global Illumination I fill the scene with lights as evenly distributed as possible. There are no secondary bounces -- this would increase number of lights to unacceptable number (too many lights and scene starts to look like low-res photon mapping, a lot of little splas... 
Posted September 17, 2009 6:19:49 AM
[Solved] OpenGL picking and more Color picking is just fine and easiest to implement. 
Posted September 16, 2009 7:59:11 PM
deffred lighting and Anti-alising You can read my little tutorial: http://dabroz.scythe.pl/2009/09/16/explicit-multisample-real-antialiasing-in-deferred-shading 
Posted September 16, 2009 5:18:06 PM
Protecting shader code? Sure, and what next? This? glCompileShader(...) glCompileShader(...) glLinkProgram(...) glConnectToDRMServer(...) glAuthorizeShader(...)  
Posted September 16, 2009 7:41:06 AM
GL_SMOOTH - Not so smooth ? Sorry, didn't notice that. Well is rather seems that you are assigning normals to incorrect vertices so normals are smooth but broken. 
Posted September 11, 2009 12:33:24 PM
GL_SMOOTH - Not so smooth ? In order to have smooth faces, you need to specify per-vertex normal (as opposed to per-face normal you have now). 
Posted September 11, 2009 9:52:55 AM
Choosing the Best Rendering Techniques Maybe you could store mesh data in VBO, and all displacement data in a texture (applied to model in vertex shader). 
Posted July 14, 2009 4:07:02 AM
View All Replies Made By This User