Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know eiforall...  
Full Name treeform 
Nickname eiforall 
State/Province, Country NV   United States
GD Gathering City Rosny, NV, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://aff2aw.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Core developer 
Job Description Core developer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1036  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/17/2006 7:53:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Generating Rocks via Marching Cubes Space is full of rocks. Well that is false but to make any Second Anterean War (2aw) battle field interesting - one needs rocks. ( Second Anterean War is an indie/hobby game I am working on http://aff2aw.com. ) I need rocks to add strategi... 
Posted January 12, 2010 12:24:08 PM
Second Anterean War Alpha Screen Shots Long time without some screen shots of what we are working on. Lots of things have went on in the game. I have just started working on shaders - i hope more screen shot worthy stuff will come out soon. Next I have fixed more desync bug... 
Posted May 31, 2010 12:23:32 PM
Thoughts on Tactical RTS Maps Hey game devers, I am making an tactical stratigy game. I want to invite your ideas on how the maps could work. Second Antarean War (2aw) is a tactical game - there is no resource gathering and no building on the map - there needs to be... 
Posted April 24, 2010 11:56:03 AM
Info in the 2aw HUD Many RTS games have a info panel in thier HUD. This panel is used to display many different types of information, mostly about the in-game units. Using such an info panel adds a lot more information about the unit stats without adding too much extra... 
Posted April 20, 2010 12:51:50 PM
Panda3D - Python/C++ 3d engine 1.5.0 Released This release includes Fully fully automatic Shader Generation. So if you don't know shader math but still want to use shader take a look! Other features - there is so many its hard not to make it look like a laundry list: Main feat... 
Posted March 16, 2008 12:48:13 PM
Why my MMORPG idea sux Well for one thing it has already been done before. My idea is to make some thing like TheUniversal (A Tractor originally) and it has been made and has not attracted too many users. Well my copy of the universal will fail too probably for the... 
Posted March 30, 2007 1:38:33 AM
unit design in rts games Hi all, I would like to discuss unit design in games.(similar to a thread Is Unit Design Fun?) I am developing a mutliplayer persistent online strategy game named Galacticus . So basically i will have many players in a very vast space bui... 
Posted March 27, 2007 12:36:18 AM
completely unrelated to mmorpg - but subwulf meets startrek I been struggling for a new idea in space combat. And i think i got it. The real picture: Space is big relay big. You can relay see any thing in space well because the distances are so great and light travels so slow! Space ships are slow and f... 
Posted November 28, 2006 7:02:25 PM
browser based game with a stand alone 3D part Have any one seen a combination of browser based game with a stand alone 3D part? What i mean is take turn based strategy – this very well translated to browser based game such as Ogame and stuff. Basic management of economy and production a... 
Posted November 26, 2006 3:21:07 PM
space ship simulations Hi currently i am working on a mmorts game called galacticus. The game simulates tactical 3d starship combat and motion in 3d. At first i was using just regular x+1 math for motion and projectiles. Recently i have included ODE to simula... 
Posted November 11, 2006 10:12:59 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A MMORTS game in theory Check out my mmorts game in development http://aff2aw.com 
Posted May 2, 2010 3:48:24 PM
Thoughts on Tactical RTS Maps theOcelot, yes you can totally ignore points, and you can attack them from six sides, 2aw is set in 3d like homeworld. But ignoring points will make you loose the battle. Talroth, Yes but then the other play could play a cat and mouse games, cap... 
Posted April 28, 2010 9:54:09 AM
Thoughts on Tactical RTS Maps Yes there is some thing important at each control point. Most will be little stations, radar boys, rocky covered places. The control points where added to add map and location important to the game. When ships meet in space its best to just cl... 
Posted April 27, 2010 1:27:38 PM
Thoughts on Tactical RTS Maps Thanks, Sandman your ideas are interesting. I was thinking making some command points control turrets placed around. But i have not really thought about other stuff it can control. It could create some neat maps and map dynamics. Thanks! 
Posted April 26, 2010 10:13:00 AM
Info in the 2aw HUD Yes icons instead of text would better. Making test there was the quickest thing to do. Maybe color coding some stats could also work wonders. I am doing another blog post about my thoughts on RTS UI - stay tuned. 
Posted April 21, 2010 10:20:04 AM
Generating Rocks via Marching Cubes Cool, post screen shots of what you come up with. But still generating the mesh is just half the battle - the other half is texturing! 
Posted January 28, 2010 7:23:07 PM
Making an online RTS interesting (Pure conceptual discussion) I think one can derive very good game play from simple concepts. No need to add different civilizations or gods. This is all fluff. "with a bit of pillaging here and there" Now with war there is infinite possibilities on how to wage it... 
Posted April 11, 2008 12:50:02 AM
Panda3D - Python/C++ 3d engine 1.5.0 Released I like Scons too but that is what we have its kinda dumb to change into some thing most of other developers don't know. CMake makes my puke though. I never had a major problem building panda3d. I am sure most problem can be solved with a couple... 
Posted March 28, 2008 10:29:02 PM
Panda3D - Python/C++ 3d engine 1.5.0 Released swiftcoder, you just saw the big problem with panda. Its a fantastic engine but relatively unknown so there is not that many people asking for stuff like mac builds or linux64 builds. But as the community grows there is more people to provide thi... 
Posted March 21, 2008 7:10:22 PM
Panda3D - Python/C++ 3d engine 1.5.0 Released Here is an alpha mac release build by one of the community. The version 1.5.0 build on mac fine yet is a little untested and openAL support for macs still sux so fmod is used. http://public.nouser.org/~rspoerri/Development/python/panda... 
Posted March 17, 2008 10:41:22 AM
View All Replies Made By This User