Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ver_T_ex...  
Full Name Ben 
Nickname ver_T_ex 
State/Province, Country Dresden
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.vection.de 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/15/2003 7:35:34 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Crop Image before loading to Texture2D Hey guys, I've been working on this problem lately, that does not work yet. In my game, I am using large tilesets, sometimes larger than 10.000 pixels in height. Since graphic devices are only supporting textures up to 4096 pixels (at lea... 
Posted February 22, 2009 6:18:58 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control Hi guys, I've been wondering all night how to code an option dialog like the "Tools->Options..." in the Visual Studio .net environment in which the user can decide which dialog he wants to see by choosing in the treeview and the "under-dialogs" n... 
Posted February 16, 2006 9:30:33 PM
Windows resource problem... Hi guys, I was confronted with this little problem when I coded a simple dialog based win32 program in cpp. Everything worked great but suddenly (I don't know the reason ) the tray icon , bitmaps , font , everything concerning the gui disappears and... 
Posted December 11, 2005 2:59:34 PM
Windows - startup problem Hi guys, I have a problem with a program in which I'm loading an option file during program start. I'm using c++ Windows api so the loading process is during the WM_CREATE: Message. Everything works great but when I put the program into windows star... 
Posted October 15, 2005 4:47:17 PM
DInput8 Relative Coordinates Problem Hi guys, I searched on this forum for posts concerning my problem but I didn't find any so I' opening a new thread. First of all a little bit code. // Create the DI object DirectInput8Create(lpmEngine->hInstance, DIRECTINPUT_VERSION,... 
Posted March 7, 2004 2:13:59 PM
handling of movement & other events Hi guys, I’m currently working on a 2D Tile Based RPG. So far, everything is great. But now I’ve come to a problem of moving different objects at any time in a very easy way. But moving objects is not the only thing i want to d... 
Posted November 9, 2003 4:55:18 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Crop Image before loading to Texture2D Argh, yet again, I solved the problem before anyone could answer. I found a very good hint on: Ziggys Page Turns out that the memory stream pointer needed to be set to the beginning: stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin); Good lor... 
Posted February 22, 2009 6:57:32 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control :) Hehe, thank you very much! Isn't that exactly the way I wanted it. I knew there was somehow a way to just add a form to a panel. Didn't think it was that easy. I'll try that code later! EDIT: All right, I checked it and everything worked jus... 
Posted February 25, 2006 12:12:44 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control Thanks! I'm curious about the code! 
Posted February 22, 2006 10:18:20 AM
C# "PropertyTree" like control Wow We went a long way down here but I finally got it :) thanks for your help! Great forum by the way! I hope I can help some people soon too. 
Posted February 21, 2006 2:59:10 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control Thx Arild Fines, I really appreciate your help! The thing is, owing to my little knowledge about C# Windows programming, I didn't know that I could add panels to the project. Now I've been checking it out and I found out : via Project -> Add -... 
Posted February 21, 2006 1:33:13 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control But How am I gonna design panel2 and panel3 and panel4 which I'm assigning to Node2 Node3 and Node4.... I can't overlay them, I mean I want them all at the same position, meaning that they would be all above in the designer. I don't know a way to do... 
Posted February 21, 2006 12:10:51 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control Okey everything clear so far, by the way, thanks for your very good help! Just a last question I'm not sure about. Panel control means I have to add Controls via the .Add() method. This means I can design the content of a panel once, but what... 
Posted February 18, 2006 9:24:12 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control Arild Fines Wow, this is the kind of solution I was looking for. I'm checking that but thanks for your help! :) You are talking about swapping the panels. But I'm wondering where these panels come from? Let's say I have an array of panels, each... 
Posted February 18, 2006 6:36:48 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control But the panel is static isn't it ? I can design one layout within the designer BUT I want different controls in the panel, changing when the users click on other treeView nodes. Visual Studio -> Tools -> Options Something like t... 
Posted February 18, 2006 6:07:41 PM
C# "PropertyTree" like control But by then I can't design these dialogs in the editor. Nearly every good program supporting an option dialog uses this way of presenting data. There gotta be an easy way to do that otherwise everyone would use Tabs ;) Do I have to design the di... 
Posted February 18, 2006 10:48:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User