Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know thelurch...  
Full Name U. Isibor
Nickname thelurch 
State/Province, Country London
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1037  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/27/2002 1:42:25 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
ANN If all you want to do is creating an interesting sample space in which to observe the behaviour of a neural network then this sounds a bit like overkill. Afterall, it means you first have to create the environment in which you want to test it. i.e... 
Posted June 1, 2006 8:34:28 AM
Selecting Multiple Targets - RTS Well, depending on how deep you choose to make the flagging system you could introduce a bit of the strategy you've described. If for instance there is a preparatory stage before battle actually begin then you could use something similar to t... 
Posted May 23, 2006 12:16:03 PM
Neural Nets learning by experience in runtime? I think there is an oversight in your original question. Your question assumes that the brain has no idea whether it's got a 'right' or 'wrong' answer while learning. There are two ways the brain judges right and wrong, the first as PERECil ment... 
Posted May 23, 2006 11:09:49 AM
Selecting Multiple Targets - RTS Sounds like a good idea. The main reason I loved Total Annihilation was becuase I rarely had to micro-manage battles. How about if you have different tag groups. (Sort of like grouping squads in TA or Warcraft). Like squad groups you can assign yo... 
Posted May 23, 2006 9:49:15 AM
Ad-Supported free MMO Action RPG Hmmm..., IMHO, you actually have taken a valid question i.e. why are all MMORPG based more on dice roles than player strategy/twitch skill? But some of yur conclusions are just waaaayyyyy out there!!! First, about the whole advertising... 
Posted April 7, 2005 12:23:49 PM
Using the avatar metaphor for the "soul" Hmmm..., IMO one important thing for whatever representation system you use is that it should be able to morph easily from one form to the other. E.g. in Black and White. If you were a good or evil God, your hand and castle change so... 
Posted March 23, 2005 12:01:40 PM
unconventional multi-user game design Well currently, apart from a few technical details, your world sounds a lot like Second Life. Now this is not necessarily a bad or good thing, but you might want to look into it just to get an idea of some of the implications of a build-whatever-you-... 
Posted March 22, 2005 6:35:19 AM
Is luck a strategy? I've been following this thread for a while and at first I misunderstood your initial post (I think the wording of the second paragraph was the culprit). Anyway, it seems most people who replied made the same mistake. So..., If I understand your s... 
Posted March 18, 2005 10:39:38 AM
A "KILL EM ALL!!!!" Bloodthirsty End Game Mode I recently fininshed playing Prince of Persia:Sands of time. Not an RPG true but I'm getting to the point. I really loved the game. Both the action AND the story. After finishing I heard about the secret level (The first level from the original game... 
Posted February 11, 2005 9:33:45 AM
Text interrupts or "drop your cargo & I'll let you live!" Just an idea to add to the chime thing In Rome:Total War (turn based) you get little notification icons that stack up on one side of the screen. Glancing at the image gives you an idea what the message refers to, mousing over it gives a... 
Posted December 10, 2004 10:38:03 PM
View All Replies Made By This User