Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jeroen Stout...  
Full Name  
Nickname Jeroen Stout 
State/Province, Country Maurik
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://jeroenstout.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/27/2007 9:49:19 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Dinner Date You play as the subconsciousness of Julian Luxemburg, waiting for his date to arrive. You listen in on his thoughts while tapping the table, looking at the clock and eventually reluctantly starting to eat... I have been working on Dinner... 
Posted August 19, 2010 10:32:27 PM
Task-based multithreading and Windows messages Hello all! I'm currently developing a task-based multithreading engine; meaning that many threads crunch away at a 'pool' of tasks that have to be done. However, I've ran into some problems with the windows handling for messages. Because in the... 
Posted September 28, 2008 5:08:16 PM
SDL + OpenGL adapters + resolutions Hi everybody, I'm a DirectX convert now using SDL + OpenGL, so I was wondering about these two things that I have not found much info on just yet. For reference, I'm just using SDL and OpenGL, no other libraries. 1. Can I check which monit... 
Posted August 3, 2008 9:39:11 AM
Release a mutex owned by a different thread (Windows) Hi, I have a small problem that I'd like to fix elegantly. I have written a mutex wrapper-class that allows multiple read-locks at the same time. It does this by locking an internal mutex the first time a read-lock is requested and unlocking it th... 
Posted July 24, 2007 12:15:10 AM
(HLSL) Arrays in Pixelshaders Hi all, I had a short question. Without going into the why (it's a complex thing) I'm wondering whether the following is possible. Basically I have a texture where the R, G and B elements point to a lookup element. The R and G elements are an X an... 
Posted May 27, 2007 1:47:30 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Dinner Date Quote:Original post by MZP Amazing, I can't wait to play it! Gorgeous visuals as well, but mainly the game concept is very intriguing. Quote:Original post by Hannesnisula Looks really nice! I really like how some build everything from scratch, g... 
Posted August 22, 2010 5:49:40 AM
Dinner Date Thank you for your replies! Quote:Original post by Instigator Great work! But I've always found waiting for the date the most boring part of the date. So why wait for an animated date? I know I shouldn't judge a game before playing but do you min... 
Posted August 20, 2010 5:27:13 AM
Task-based multithreading and Windows messages Thanks for your reply... Firstly, I agree there is no reason to multi-thread the message handling - why I wanted to handle them in multiple threads was because I had the repeating task that handled input that resceduled itself, but each time it co... 
Posted September 28, 2008 6:15:48 PM
When to use exceptions and when to use return values My personal preference is to use exceptions because this means you can handle thrown errors elswhere but the calling function as well as provide a lot more data. If you want to return meaningful error data (even on release builds this can be... 
Posted August 30, 2008 8:59:06 AM
What to use in place of DirectInput? Ironic, really, I already made threads around DirectInput... I was going away from DirectInput anyway, did not work on Vista properly (which is horrid). Could anyone tell me what the matching functions would be for elements such as 'SetCooper... 
Posted February 28, 2008 3:27:18 AM
(HLSL) Arrays in Pixelshaders Thanks for your quick reply! I'm targeting ps_2_0 by using HDR, so I'm glad to hear it works on that. I will test it further. I was wondering about the texture option after I posted, but it'd mean that every pixel read from an indice would ta... 
Posted May 27, 2007 2:38:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User