Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know rvkennedy...  
Full Name Roderick Kennedy
Nickname rvkennedy 
State/Province, Country Greater Manchester   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.simul.co.uk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title CTO 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1036  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/13/2007 7:51:55 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Simul Sky Sequencer These are some real-time images from Simul Sky Sequencer. This is our new tool for artists, technical artists and designers. The Sky Sequencer lets you plan out a real-time sequence of sky, clouds and atmospheric effects. You can then save off the... 
Posted August 27, 2010 7:28:32 PM
Reflection and Introspection Hello there, I'm curious about the level of interest in reflection/introspection for C++. What I'm talking about is a system that can take an arbitrary class - without special macros, templates, or base classes, and extract metadata - class names, fu... 
Posted August 19, 2009 3:27:29 PM
Atmospheric scattering for landscapes and clouds These are screenshots from our latest realtime demo, which shows combined sky, cloud and post-processed terrain fading. This is a system that permits live time-of-day changes combined with a lightweight distance fade system that recalculates the fad... 
Posted August 7, 2009 9:48:36 AM
Simul Weather 1.2 Released Simul Weather 1.2 ReleasedPosted by: Simul Software at May 21, 2009 8:14:57 AMManchester, England: Simul Software have announced that version 1.2 of their award-winning weather software is now available. Simul Weather allows developers to generate... 
Posted May 21, 2009 11:14:57 AM
Lightning Storms These are shots from our realtime weather SDK showing the latest feature - lightning. The lightning bolts are generated randomly over several frames, and their lighting effect on the environment is calculated in 3D space. This is then used as a... 
Posted September 8, 2008 6:22:51 PM
The Simul Clouds SDK A while back I posted some images from CloudWright, our skybox generation tool. So I thought I'd update with a few realtime images of volumetric clouds. These images are rendered in realtime with the Simul Clouds SDK, our middleware for realtime w... 
Posted June 2, 2008 10:58:12 PM
Simul Clouds SDK Preview Simul Clouds SDK PreviewPosted by: Simul Software Ltd at March 24, 2008 11:15:31 AMManchester, England: Simul Software Ltd announces the Simul Clouds SDK. * Live, fast, realtime volumetric clouds * Physics-based cloud generation * Weather change... 
Posted March 24, 2008 11:15:31 AM
Volumetric Clouds Here are some images from a tool I've been working on called CloudWright. It renders skies at interactive rates, based on time of day, date, latitude and weather properties. The sky colours are based on scattering, while the clouds... 
Posted October 3, 2007 11:13:31 AM
Simul CloudWright Released Simul CloudWright ReleasedPosted by: Roderick Kennedy at January 16, 2008 8:17:22 AMManchester, England - January 16th 2008 - Simul announces version 1 of CloudWright, our sky editing software. CloudWright is a technology for creating stunningly real... 
Posted January 16, 2008 8:17:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.net So that's where all the bees went! 
Posted November 30, 2010 8:10:37 PM
Tower 22 I'm really impressed with this. I think you're hobbling yourself with Delphi - speaking as a former C++ Builder aficionado who gave up on Borland a long time ago when it was clear that they themselves had given up. But Python is a great way to g... 
Posted November 24, 2010 6:17:52 PM
Multiple DirectX SDK installations in XP? DXSDK_DIR can be set per-user. Instead of launching Visual Studio directly, you can launch it from a batch file which will read like: set INCLUDE=%DXSDK_DIR%\include;%INCLUDE% set LIB=%DXSDK_DIR%\lib\x86;%LIB% start "Visual Studio 2008" "C:\Prog... 
Posted September 3, 2010 7:57:29 PM
Game Engines for Mac You've already got the best one! Is there something Unity is missing? 
Posted September 3, 2010 7:52:19 PM
Simul Sky Sequencer Quote:Original post by Geometrian When it starts, it looks entirely pink. There's no landscape. Am I missing something? Could be, could be a bug! Send us the details at support@simul.co.uk and we'll find out. 
Posted August 31, 2010 2:32:43 PM
Simul Sky Sequencer Quote:Original post by silvermace Hey Rod! Looks really amazing, framework has come a long way since the 1.0 app aye? -Danu Hey Danu, how's your project going? Our tech has come on a fair bit; but the tools are a whole other thing. Aside... 
Posted August 30, 2010 5:40:36 PM
Simul Sky Sequencer Quote:Original post by dpadam450 Very nice. Going for middleware sales? How much performace does it take from the start with nothing vs when there are a lot of clouds and rain (in the video). Practically none. If you were to disable clouds altoge... 
Posted August 30, 2010 5:38:24 PM
Simul Sky Sequencer Quote:Original post by Promit Does this create HDR images? Yes, it's all done in floating point, in physical units - there's no speed penalty for this. So the dynamic range is unlimited, and just needs to be interpreted by the renderer. Because m... 
Posted August 28, 2010 11:40:04 AM
Simul Sky Sequencer Quote:Original post by mind in a box ... I'm not sure if it's free (At least for indie devs). Thanks for the kind comments! We generally allow non-commercial use for free, and commercial indie rates are also available. 
Posted August 28, 2010 8:44:25 AM
It is not late to start programming? Yes, it is way too late, it's like twenty past nine! You can start learning to program at any age, the only requirement is that you enjoy it. 
Posted March 27, 2010 5:03:27 PM
View All Replies Made By This User