Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mocanu Razvan...  
Full Name Razvan Mocanu
Nickname Mocanu Razvan 
State/Province, Country Bucuresti   Romania
GD Gathering City Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student - Electronics Engineering 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1044  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/17/2003 2:52:16 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Is MFC being left behind ? As it goes, the free MS VS 2005 Express C++ doesn't support MFC. The idea of distributing a liteweight version of VS2005 was a great idea, so that students like me could start learning to code for Windows using one of the best development tools... 
Posted May 20, 2006 8:33:35 AM
Exceptions : Something I'm missing ?[SOLVED] Hi. I am now studying exceptions in C++. I wrote code to test destruction of thrown exception objects and when they occur. The output is somewhat strange. Here is the code: class X { public: class XExc { public: XExc() { cout <<... 
Posted April 13, 2006 8:01:22 AM
Learning Pixel Shader Hi there. I was thinking of learning pixel shader and i don't know where to start. I'm an OpenGL user so i would like to use GLSL. If you could give me some starting tips (maybe some book references) that would be great. 
Posted April 10, 2006 3:10:09 AM
GL_ARB_depth_texture info Hi! I'm working on an engine that displays pre-renderer background images. I have the depth values for the image. I know about the depth texture extension but i don't know whether it suits my purpose or not. Can I use it to store the depth val... 
Posted October 10, 2005 2:58:04 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Exceptions : Something I'm missing ?[SOLVED] Yes indeed. I forgot I was using the Debug configuration. Compiling in Release mode solves the problem. And yes, it seems to be optimizing away the temporary. Thanks. 
Posted April 14, 2006 5:29:11 AM
Deleting files & folder with a batch file I'm guessing that myBatchFile is the file you want to write. It would be a lot easier if you put it in the parent folder(which also contains the Docs folder). Then, the batch file would look like this : @echo off rd /S /Q Docs :: If you want th... 
Posted March 30, 2006 1:40:01 AM
shadows There's a method known as "Z-Pass Shadow Volume". It's a fairly large and complex subject but here are some hints and hopefully you'll start looking for the complete material and study it : 1) You definitely need the stencil buffer - so start by lea... 
Posted March 15, 2006 2:34:28 AM
Virtual Methods vs. Polymorphism Basically what you want to do when using virtual functions is call a method of an object without concern for the object type and the proper implementation of that method, as long as that method exists. This is what polymorphism employs in OOP : a fun... 
Posted March 14, 2006 1:18:45 PM
What else is const used for? In simple terms, const can be attached not only to data types(and make them constant) but also to functions( at the end of the function declaration - working the same way and making it a safe constant function inside an object if you know it's n... 
Posted March 14, 2006 8:11:35 AM
How long did it took you to learn C++? Even after years of woking with C++ you'll still discover new things! That's the beauty of it ... it's so flexible! I believe that there are only a few that can actually know everything there is to know about C/C++. I have been programming in... 
Posted January 25, 2006 3:09:39 AM
OpenGL - GLUT IMO, GLUT is great for learning OPENGL. You don't have to worry about your application window, catching messages and all that stuff. It's just clean and easy to use -> just what you need to get your OpenGL code working and viewing some 3d objects... 
Posted October 26, 2005 3:10:32 AM
interesting win32 bug It seems obvious enough. Windows doesn't pose any restrictions on the min and max( you can even make the min bigger than max) but then you'll get an awkward behaviour, of course...I think there must be a way for you to avoid setting the min to b... 
Posted October 26, 2005 2:57:20 AM
c++. How to test if win32 window has focus? If you're using pure win32 API, you can test for the WM_ACTIVATE message in your WndProc function, and test to see whether your window is activating or not. You can use a bool bActive variable that is initialized to true and then modify it according... 
Posted October 26, 2005 2:39:50 AM
Function parameter There's something else to note here : You can't have default-value arguments intertwined with other non-default-value arguments...e.g. void foo(int x, int y=0, int z); because if you would want to give z the value 3, but leave y with the default... 
Posted October 13, 2005 3:52:29 AM
View All Replies Made By This User