Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Andreas Persson...  
Full Name Andreas  
Nickname Andreas Persson 
State/Province, Country Skane Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Hassleholm, Skane Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.apgames.se 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Teacher 
Job Description Lecturer in game programming 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1044  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/11/2004 4:02:41 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Caelum casual pachinko game ApGames release their casual game Caelum today. You can get it for $9.99 at http://www.apgames.se/caelum, a demo will be available soon. Check out a preview at Gamezebo http://www.gamezebo.com/download-games/caelum/preview [Edited by - Andrea... 
Posted August 3, 2010 7:44:11 AM
Caelum Some wip screens of my casual pachinko game Caelum. The game is inspired by Peggle but contains some different gameplay elements. Caelum will contain 50 levels in 2 different difficulty settings and 20 challenge levels. The game will be finished duri... 
Posted April 19, 2010 4:11:32 PM
Need ideas for income Hi I am currently developing a tower defence like game in space. You build spacestations to kill incoming enemies. I want some form of income. I donīt want mining/harvesting ships that mines asteroids or something similiar. I was thinking of small st... 
Posted October 21, 2009 8:41:39 AM
std::vector question Hi is it considerd bad practice or bad for performance to have individual vectors for lotīs of different objects. For instance all enemies in one and bullets in another. I would think itīs better to have them all collected in one additional... 
Posted October 6, 2009 5:44:05 AM
Need help with ideas for a TBS Hi I am currently devloping a turn based strategy game in the same vein as chess. Different units have different movement options. Every unit is a squad with 1-6 soldiers in it. You navigate the board to eliminate all of the opponents pices. The game... 
Posted June 26, 2009 8:28:23 AM
Small question about boost::thread Hi when I create a number of threads with boost::thread or boost::thread_group do they automaticly map to different cores if they are available? 
Posted April 24, 2009 4:52:28 AM
Screen hit indicator Hi In many fps when your shoot you get an indicator on screen that tells you where the opponent that shoot you is positioned. How would you go about translating that angle to a position on screen to show the indicator? Thanks 
Posted February 18, 2009 10:34:48 AM
Vsync and dx10 Hi a quick question how do I turn on vsync in dx10, I am not using DXUT. Thanks 
Posted November 25, 2008 3:26:27 AM
A question regarding Virtual functions and member function pointer Hi I was wondering which is the fastest method to use, not regarding readability. If I want to create a member function pointer void (Enemies::*Update)(); and use it to update my lets say 200 Enemies pEnemy->*Update(); Is this faster than... 
Posted May 20, 2008 4:23:33 AM
per pixel collision calculating start position Hi I am currently implementing per pixel collision into my project. I have calculated the collision box where the overlap occur. I now need to get the part in my sprites where this box is positioned. So how do I calculate where the box is in the two... 
Posted March 5, 2008 4:01:52 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Caelum Thanks both of you. I have used HGE and C++ with Box2d for physics. 
Posted April 20, 2010 2:43:34 PM
Need ideas for income Thanks for all input :) will try out a few of them and see what feels right. 
Posted October 22, 2009 6:33:30 AM
std::vector question Agreed multiple vectors makes it a lot clearer. But is it faster to have an extra vector for updating and the specific vectors for collision etc? 
Posted October 6, 2009 6:41:53 AM
Flash and JavaScript 3D with Sandy-HX Cool, but Unity3d can also use javascript. 
Posted July 11, 2009 1:07:02 PM
Best Game Engine for Indie Game? I put my vote in for Leadwerks, very nice features for itīs price. You can have a character controller with physics and fps camera up and running in minutes. When your game is finished most people will probably have SM 3 cards, check Steamīs hardware... 
Posted July 7, 2009 1:57:22 PM
Need help with ideas for a TBS The fact that itīs soldiers doesnīt really matter for the game at this point. The movement works like this at this point (board is width 11 x height 14) 1 soldier - Horizontal and vertical movement 2 soldier - Horizontal and vertical movement ... 
Posted June 26, 2009 1:26:38 PM
Why use Direct3D? I am dx user myself, how does OpenGLES stand up to "ordinary" OpenGL and dx? Is it only for portables/phones or is there anyone using it for pc development. Itīs supported on the PS3 right? 
Posted May 14, 2009 9:06:04 AM
Small question about boost::thread Ok then Iīll put my trust in my OS and hope he performs well :) thanks guys 
Posted April 24, 2009 6:32:05 AM
Small question about boost::thread Is there a way to force the use of the available cores on windows? 
Posted April 24, 2009 5:08:43 AM
Screen hit indicator Thanks Iīll try it out. 
Posted February 19, 2009 3:45:09 AM
View All Replies Made By This User