Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Doctor Shinobi...  
Full Name  
Nickname Doctor Shinobi 
State/Province, Country Hefa   Israel
GD Gathering City Hedera, Hefa, Israel
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 975  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/10/2010 12:09:45 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[Assembly 8086] IMUL hey :) i have a little problem with assembly 8086. i need to make a signed multiplication between 150 and 200 without using a program. now expected it to be 30,000 yet i get 5936,which is completely different. MOV AX, 150 MOV BX, 200 IMUL BL ... 
Posted October 13, 2010 5:16:17 PM
Physicly creating world geometry in maps. i am working on my platform game happily and so,yet i feel the way i am building the maps is wrong. i am not using a terrain,so what i am doing is pretty much defining polygons through the code for world geometry,and adding meshes as objects. b... 
Posted August 9, 2010 8:01:15 AM
Spline movement! HEEEEYAAAAH! spline movement,bow movement,little happy leap,not sure how to call this,but i am in a situation where i have a 3D platform game,and i need to program some AI for the bots to jump from one platform to another one. so the parameters i fig... 
Posted July 25, 2010 10:40:29 AM
bullets,bullets,bullets! performance goes RAAWH my game contains a lot of projectiles(slow projectiles,not the rifle type of projectiles) which seem to be causing a lot of performance problems since every action with a projectile is multiplied by the number of projectiles. for example, i check ea... 
Posted July 7, 2010 11:39:34 AM
Damn,composing's hard! Hey there everyone and everything! I come from the world of programming,and until a few days ago i lived in my bubble thinking everyone can be expert at one field(when it comes to games,it's usually divided to three sections : programming,graph... 
Posted May 20, 2010 3:42:28 PM
An interesting frustum question Well,I think this is an interesting question since it's not the usual "how do I collide with stuff?" or "how do I rotate a point around another point". What I'm trying to do is something like this : We all know a camera is made of a frustum that re... 
Posted June 24, 2010 11:40:23 AM
Rope physics Ehh well, i am not sure it's called rope physics,but here's what i want to do : I have a point somewhere, and I want to connect the player with that dot to force the player to move around it. A pretty good example of this could be the flying rin... 
Posted June 14, 2010 9:06:03 PM
what do you think makes a casual game popular? Have you ever heard about the Touhou project? it's a series of games made by a single Japanese person who did all the programming,composing and drawing. It's a very popular series,especially in japan. Now Touhou games are a casual bullet hell games.... 
Posted June 6, 2010 10:16:54 AM
Vertex winding. Woowee! Sorry for making a thread about this. I originally posted this question in another thread i've made not too long ago,but it seems like people don't notice it so i thought it would be best to make a new thread. I thought of an algorithm that is rel... 
Posted June 7, 2010 8:53:02 AM
AABB x OBB collision idea In my new game,i need to test collision between an axis aligned box and an oriented aligned box. Now i thought of idea for making a test,but i rather come here first and ask if it would work rather than try it and see it not working if it fails. m... 
Posted May 31, 2010 3:46:39 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Bot Paths for Unity Quote:Original post by parkour I'm currently runnig test on unity 3d for my next game project that takes place in a city. I want it to be as realistic as possible, so i would like citizens walking around. However, I've never had a to make a gam... 
Posted December 1, 2010 8:50:40 PM
[Assembly 8086] IMUL oh i see now! thanks a lot :D 
Posted October 13, 2010 7:10:47 PM
How do Browser games implement 'tickers'? Cron. 
Posted September 5, 2010 9:05:32 AM
Physicly creating world geometry in maps. Quote:Original post by Hodgman Yeah, art like in the pictures you posted is done by artists in art-creation tools - not by programmers in code-creation tools ;) Regarding collision, some games require both a low-detail 'collision mesh' and the hi... 
Posted August 9, 2010 8:40:36 AM
New team looking to be merged so let me get this straight. you want to make an awesome game and be its master,yet you don't know how to make one. you expect people to do the job for you for free,while you can't really contribute to the development of the game. you are also t... 
Posted August 8, 2010 8:42:43 PM
Spline movement! HEEEEYAAAAH! Aright, i think i get it. thanks :) 
Posted July 26, 2010 7:26:24 AM
Spline movement! HEEEEYAAAAH! Quote:Original post by alvaro This is the problem of firing a cannonball to hit a target, which I am sure you did study in high school. The trajectory is a parabola, and it's fairly easy to figure out the initial velocity if you know how high you wa... 
Posted July 25, 2010 2:56:24 PM
Spline movement! HEEEEYAAAAH! Quote:Original post by Buckeye If you really want to do a physics-like calc, then you don't need a spline. The calculations will give you position. Assuming you're using f = ma as your Newtonian physics, start off with an upward force (the force... 
Posted July 25, 2010 12:46:09 PM
Spline movement! HEEEEYAAAAH! Quote:Original post by DWN My suggestion would be to ignore the spline portion completely for now. It doesn't seem to have much to do with the actual problem. The hermite splining is simple and superficial. You could use Box2D and add a joint to... 
Posted July 25, 2010 10:49:42 AM
What are some simple ways to protect my game's assets? (Sprites, sound, music, etc) i remember reading a tutorial somewhere on OgreWiki that explains how you can combine your main EXE file with the resource ZIP files in a way that your EXE will contain the resources but still think they are out in the open. you don't even need... 
Posted July 25, 2010 4:57:08 AM
View All Replies Made By This User