Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Geno the Great...  
Full Name  
Nickname Geno the Great 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City Albany, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.xnull.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID Foobar the Int 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1053  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/20/2004 10:04:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SDL_CreateRGBSurface difficulties I'm making a sprite sheet loader, and so far it's going perfectly, except for one slight problem: When you call the function GetSprite(int index), the function identifies the part of the sprite sheet at index, and grabs it to return to the us... 
Posted June 23, 2005 9:26:59 PM
OpenGL particle engine issues Well, I've finally moved from SDL to OpenGL (Using SDL to create the window and get input, OGL for all drawing), and as you can imagine, I'm quite impressed by the efficiency. I had it drawing thousands and thousands of particles (Using GL_POINTS) at... 
Posted May 26, 2005 2:01:21 PM
RPG damage calculation formula. I'm out of ideas at the moment. I'm working on the battle engine for my simple RPG, and I'm not sure how to calculate damage. The variables involved are attack, strength, defense, and position (I did say simple) Attack is the attack value... 
Posted May 4, 2005 5:38:24 PM
Can't figure out SDL problem... I'm trying to make a Nintendo DS inspired SDL app - That is, (For now) just 2 240x160 surfaces that will get drawn onto the screen surface and can be drawn on seperately. I've spent a good 4 hours debugging this, but so far no errors and no... 
Posted November 27, 2004 12:30:41 PM
I seem to have hit a snag in my map loader In short, I need a way to create a 2 dimensional array of a size that isn't known (The map size) and then set the size when it is known (In the map class's constructor) I've tried using a 2D vector, but this got confusing since I've never had to u... 
Posted September 30, 2004 5:27:04 PM
How do I create a multidimensional Vector? Can someone show me how to create a vector with the dimensions ROW, COL (will end up as 15, 20) that can be accessable by myvector[row][col]? I need it to work like this: 1. The vector is declared in the object 2. In the constructor, the vecto... 
Posted September 30, 2004 4:40:07 PM
How to make an image rotate in SDL Hello, I was wondering how I would go about having the player's bitmap rotate when you press the left and right arrow key (Think Asteroids) I've already used SDL quite a bit for other 2D games, but I can't think of how I would go about it without... 
Posted September 23, 2004 7:06:18 PM
Criticize my latest game SpaceShooty 1.0 'Tis another Space Invaders clone, with a new idea worked in: The enemies fall on you when hit, and you need to avoid them. I just finished version 1.0, which fixed several bugs and added actual art (Not programmer art) ... 
Posted September 18, 2004 6:25:51 PM
For any programmer who has webspace, but nothing good on it: I posted this about 5 hours ago, on the Web board, but it appears quite dead. Anyway: I'm considering releasing my PHP source, it's designed for a simple, clean project-driven site. The source allows you to add updates to the main page and to... 
Posted August 21, 2004 3:06:25 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SDL_CreateRGBSurface difficulties Well, I gotta head out, but thanks anyway 
Posted June 23, 2005 10:54:57 PM
SDL_CreateRGBSurface difficulties I never liked using preprocessor stuff within my code, but trying that, it makes the whole image white. I remember using that code before in some really old project, and it worked fine... Changing the code to SDL_Surface *sprite = SDL_Creat... 
Posted June 23, 2005 10:06:06 PM
OpenGL particle engine issues That's a decent idea, I'll give it a shot. 
Posted May 26, 2005 8:24:56 PM
RPG damage calculation formula. I like the "out of 100" idea, that seems very reasonable. I'm thinking HP will start at 100 and your max HP will be 1000. Right now I want to focus on working on the battle interface. 
Posted May 6, 2005 2:45:43 PM
RPG damage calculation formula. That looks like it would work well, and I'm not quite sure what the D&D method is (Having never played D&D) 
Posted May 4, 2005 6:57:54 PM
The maths of Peperami And from the lungs, BAM! Straight into the arteries. 
Posted March 8, 2005 5:57:43 PM
The maths of Peperami Sheep's stomach stuffed with meat and, according to one person I know, the sheep's brain 
Posted March 8, 2005 5:52:45 PM
Can't figure out SDL problem... It worked, thanks a million. 
Posted November 27, 2004 1:04:21 PM
Isometric landscape Wow, that looks freaking awesome. *Looks at crappy 2D tile engine and cries* 
Posted September 30, 2004 5:22:39 PM
How do I create a multidimensional Vector? Damn this STL stuff, I'm completely new to it, so I don't understand half of it (Except string functions, I love them) Is there any form of book on it? 
Posted September 30, 2004 5:07:14 PM
View All Replies Made By This User