Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bschneid...  
Full Name Brad Schneider
Nickname bschneid 
State/Province, Country KY   United States
GD Gathering City Morehead, KY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/25/2005 4:23:00 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Problem with loading .swf files in each other I am currently working on an e-book built with Flash and Actionscript 3. I have a parent .swf file which contains other .swfs (one for the each various menu, another for the main content area, etc.). This setup seems to work fine for my menu,... 
Posted May 23, 2009 2:25:27 PM
McCain takes lead over Obama? I'm in no position to argue politics, but I found this Yahoo! article to be quite surprising. From the article: Quote: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama... 
Posted August 20, 2008 3:43:24 PM
PM notifications For some reason when I have a new PM in my inbox, it still says "0 New Private Messages" up in the right hand corner on every page except when I'm typing a new post. I don't use the PM feature much but I noticed this the last two times I've rec... 
Posted June 1, 2008 10:19:19 PM
Crazy Wheelchair Ride Just saw this on youtube and couldn't quit laughing(the guy wasn't hurt). Apparently this guy was crossing the street in front of a semi in his wheelchair and the light turned green. The semi started moving and this guy's wheelchair got hooked... 
Posted June 8, 2007 11:04:55 PM
Windows Error message despite no error I recently created just a simple application which uses SDL to create a window and render the frame rate to the window using the SFont library. That is all it does at the moment. The program runs fine (after a few hours of noobish hacking), but for... 
Posted January 12, 2007 10:21:46 PM
DirectX 9 card compatibility issues? I recently had the urge to learn DirectX programming (so I'm a DirectX noob, that may be relevant to the situation...). For Christmas I received the book "Introduction to 3D game programming with DirectX 9.0c: A shader approach" by Frank Luna. The... 
Posted December 25, 2006 9:34:28 PM
Critique my site, please As I was turning on my computer tonight I noticed an old folder sitting on my desktop which contained a website project I was working on. The project is a sort of confusing story so I'll put that at the end in case you don't feel like... 
Posted November 12, 2006 10:49:21 PM
Problems with SFont I'm trying to use SFont with SDL and C++. I included the SFont.c in my project as their site says, but I get compiler warnings when it reaches that file. They are: In function 'Uint32 GetPixel(blahblah)...return of negative value '-1' to ' argu... 
Posted July 19, 2006 10:53:54 AM
[SDL] change the color of sprites? Using SDL and C++, is it possible to alter the color of a loaded/displayed .bmp file? If so, is it efficient? 
Posted July 6, 2006 12:47:42 PM
Annoying Loading Errors I know this was an issue a while back, but I thought the errors about too much traffic were supposed to be gone? I keep getting errors about the page not being able to be displayed the amount of traffic exceeds the blah blah blah and so on. I... 
Posted June 16, 2006 1:13:21 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
I'm first time here, plz help Check the "Help Wanted" forum here and try to find a project that fits your talents. That's the easiest way to find a project to work on. 
Posted January 28, 2009 11:47:46 AM
So -- This is a programming language? Quote:Original post by steveworks ...while our number system is base 10. Funny you should mention that, because every number system is base 10! You just have to read that "10" using that number system. (Ex. in Binary 10 = 2 decimal, in hex 10 =... 
Posted December 31, 2008 12:31:15 PM
really how powerfull is C++? Quote:Original post by bazso before i start to do any sort of Prototyping going to make sure i can read as much as i can on C++ after when i read going to need some sort of C++ interpreter i don't know where a C++ compiler might come in or if i... 
Posted December 29, 2008 1:10:23 PM
Yep, my 360 died....well sorta... I had a similar experience. Got an Xbox 360, and about a year later it got the red ring of death. They took about a month to fix it, sent me someone else's refurbished piece of trash, which lasted all of two months or so before it got the red ring... 
Posted October 2, 2008 1:05:26 AM
How to block SDL inputs Couldn't you just not handle the events? 
Posted September 25, 2008 11:54:41 PM
SDL_WM_SetCaption Quote:Original post by mattnenterprise Iam trying to use SDL_WM_SetCaption("Hello World", NULL);. but the title is still saying SDL_app.I am running windows 98. Perhaps you could paste some code? It's hard to say why this wouldn't work, really.... 
Posted September 13, 2008 12:33:05 AM
how to start?? Use the wiki. Specifically, the links under the heading "introduction" should be somewhat useful. 
Posted August 28, 2008 2:48:49 PM
McCain takes lead over Obama? Quote:Original post by programmermattc I don't fully understand the positions of either candidate on all these policies they've spoken about, but I've been pretty dedicated to anyone who talks about alternate energy. Maybe Obama has the same s... 
Posted August 20, 2008 6:33:19 PM
StackOverflow.com Quote:Original post by coldacid Quote:Original post by AndreTheGiant So you found a website on the internet that you are less than impressed with? I don't get it, why does that need a thread? QFT. If there was a thread for every website t... 
Posted August 20, 2008 4:04:00 PM
Paypal is not your pal Quote:Original post by brent_w Quote:Original post by bschneid Paypal is fast and convenient. If you're going to make such extreme accusations at something, at least provide some justification; attacking a business who has an established reputatio... 
Posted August 16, 2008 7:15:36 PM
View All Replies Made By This User