Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know marciano...  
Full Name Nicolas 
Nickname marciano 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.horde3d.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/23/2006 4:53:51 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Horde3D 1.0 Beta3 with enhanced shader system A new version of the graphics engine Horde3D is available and brings a few substantial improvements. Beta3 features a refactored shader system with a cleaner and more powerful FX-like file format along with support for automatic shader permutation ge... 
Posted March 22, 2009 10:53:50 AM
Horde3D 1.0 Beta2 released The new Horde3D Beta2 release contains many bugfixes and smaller updates reported and contributed by the community. Besides these, it brings some noticeable improvements like increased shadow quality and extended occlusion culling. A further importan... 
Posted September 26, 2008 6:34:36 PM
Horde3D 1.0 Beta1 released The latest release of the open source graphics engine Horde3D brings the project to a stable version. After the implementation of several new features, among which occlusion culling, API based render-to-texture for realtime-reflections, software skin... 
Posted April 12, 2008 2:09:03 PM
Horde3D 1.0 Beta1 released Horde3D 1.0 Beta1 releasedPosted by: Nicolas Schulz at April 12, 2008 2:08:15 PMThe latest release of the open source graphics engine Horde3D brings the project to a stable version. After the implementation of several new features, among which occlus... 
Posted April 12, 2008 2:08:15 PM
Horde3D 0.15 with terrain extension released A new release of the open source graphics engine Horde3D is available for download. It brings a plenty of new features, among which an extension mechanism with an exemplary advanced terrain implementation, support for switching rendering techniques a... 
Posted April 2, 2008 3:26:42 PM
Horde3D 0.14 released The new version 0.14 of the open source graphics engine Horde3D has been released a few days ago. It brings a plenty of smaller improvements and is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. It comes in combination with a new version of the Horde3D E... 
Posted January 31, 2008 2:57:53 PM
Horde3D HDR Lighting This is a screenshot from the Knight sample of the recently released Horde3D version 0.13. It shows 64 bit HDR lighting with a simple tone mapping operator and bloom. Reflections on the model are coming from a cube map. The shadow of the charact... 
Posted November 10, 2007 12:02:11 PM
Official Horde3D Scene Editor Released Official Horde3D Scene Editor ReleasedPosted by: University of Augsburg at November 12, 2007 2:36:17 PMWe are happy to announce the release of the official Horde3D scene editor developed by the University of Augsburg. Currently the tool acts as an in... 
Posted November 12, 2007 2:36:17 PM
Horde3D 0.12 brings cross-platform compatibility A new release of the open source graphics engine Horde3D is available for download. The new version adds cross-platform compatibility and integrates a basic Parallel Split Shadow Map implementation for improved shadow quality. 
Posted October 1, 2007 5:15:24 PM
Horde3D [0.11.0] adds particle systems The next release 0.11.0 of the graphics engine Horde3D features a new integration library which offers a simpler and more efficient way to integrate Horde3D with other middleware like a physics engine. Another important new feature are particle syste... 
Posted July 4, 2007 7:37:13 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[updated] Horde3D 0.14.0 Mac SDK Also a big thanks to swiftcoder from me for doing the port! @Rompa: Horde should definately run on your X2900, it even works on an ATI X1300 and the Chicago sample should run on a 9600. I doubt that the engine is the problem but pro... 
Posted January 5, 2008 11:08:40 AM
Horde3D 0.12 brings cross-platform compatibility I think I know why it crashes when hitting F1. The app tries to enter fullscreen mode with a resolution of 1280x1024. If you have a widescreen monitor the available video modes are different. I will have to handle that in the code... 
Posted October 3, 2007 10:25:37 AM
Horde3D 0.12 brings cross-platform compatibility Thanks for the feedback. This is strange, I never had such problems under XP. Must be something with the SDL if it happens on key presses. Does anyone else experience this problem? 
Posted October 3, 2007 5:51:38 AM
Horde3D [0.10.0] released @Mr E: I'm glad to hear that :) @simply: I'm not quite sure because I haven't written the wrapper myself, but since it is just a thin wrapper around the Horde dlls I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work. BTW, Horde is currently only compa... 
Posted May 7, 2007 4:37:34 PM
Horde3D [0.10.0] released Thanks for your comments! It is a pure graphics engine like Ogre but it can definately be used for making games. We ourselves have used it for two games. One indie network project where you fly with armed gliders through canyons and one g... 
Posted May 6, 2007 6:22:31 AM
Horde3D 0.6.0 with soft shadows Version 0.6.1 of Horde3D is out now that fixes some problems with ATI cards. 
Posted November 7, 2006 9:22:11 PM
Horde3D (Next-Generation Graphics Engine) Released Thanks for bringing the discussion back to a constructive point! First off, I'm no expert concerning Ogre but from what I have seen it is a great and powerful graphics engine. So if I make a wrong assumption about the Ogre philosophy please tell m... 
Posted September 28, 2006 9:56:36 AM
Horde3D (Next-Generation Graphics Engine) Released I'm very curious to hear what this standard is because I couldn't find much about that. If you listen to experts they all agree that next-gen is all about rich details and increased immersion for the player (Gamasutra Next-Gen Podcast). And for that... 
Posted September 28, 2006 7:14:40 AM
Horde3D (Next-Generation Graphics Engine) Released Next-Generation is not only meant as a slogan. If you make a game it will probably take you at least a year and then most people will have the required drivers. And btw, I think most gamers know how to upgrade drivers. Many games require the la... 
Posted September 27, 2006 7:22:07 AM
Horde3D - Next-Generation Graphics Engine I just released the first version of the SDK. It includes a sample application that shows how to use the engine. The sample is a simple crowd simulation with a hundred characters walking around. Here is a screenshot: Some feedback is greatly... 
Posted September 25, 2006 1:16:32 PM
View All Replies Made By This User