Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Michael_B...  
Full Name  
Nickname Michael_B 
State/Province, Country Niedersachsen   Germany
GD Gathering City Hannover, Niedersachsen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1018  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/19/2009 8:07:28 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
quaDrop v1.0 After reading this article I decided to program my own tetromino game. I searched for an artist and a musician and we formed Rework Games, a (non registered) group of amateurs interested in game development. Nobody of us had any experience in game de... 
Posted July 6, 2009 1:24:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GunGirl 2 released! What a great game! Very funny and with a reasonable amount of blood and excellent music. I was deeply impressed with the credits song. The opera singer like voice... awesome! 
Posted June 12, 2010 2:06:12 PM
XNA 3.0 Unleashed PerformanceChecker problem This book has a companion website. Did you check the errata and the forum for the book? 
Posted May 31, 2010 4:45:59 PM
Where would I start learning C#? C# is an excellent and (relatively) easy to learn programming language. Once you're comfortable with the language and the BCL (Base Class Library) you can use the XNA framework to make games. XNA was designed with C# in mind and it makes the tran... 
Posted May 28, 2010 7:03:45 AM
RymdspeletHD Particles look great and overall a very smooth visual appearance. Game play is also good, I like the money based upgrade system. Well done! I noticed a little quirk, whenever a level is completed and the text message is displayed the last explosio... 
Posted May 18, 2010 3:59:06 PM
Caelum Looks like a very nice 2D game! What language/tools do you use for development? 
Posted April 20, 2010 2:27:44 PM
Free soundeffects available (explosions, lasers, alarms) Excellent quality, thank you so much. 
Posted September 19, 2009 5:57:03 AM
Which version XNA to download XNA 3.1 because it can handle both 3.0 and 3.1 projects. 
Posted September 7, 2009 10:26:32 AM
[Xna] Rectangular Intersections issues (Fixed) Normally, you don't have to write your own intersection test for rectangles. XNA handles this for you as long as you use XNA's Rectangle structure and you do something like this: int playerWidth; int playerHeight; ... Point playerPosition;... 
Posted September 4, 2009 11:00:11 AM
[Xna] Rectangular Intersections issues (Fixed) What do you exactly think should happen? Is the intersection not properly detected or is your collision response not properly working? 
Posted September 4, 2009 9:49:42 AM
[Xna] Rectangular Intersections issues (Fixed) Without knowing too much of your code, I see that you're dealing with some origin points of your objects. If this origin relates to the center point of your rectangles you must add/subtract width/2 or height/2 to the origin to check a specific side o... 
Posted September 4, 2009 8:13:21 AM
View All Replies Made By This User