Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Rixter...  GDNet+
Full Name Landon Flom
Nickname Rixter 
State/Province, Country CO   United States
GD Gathering City Littleton, CO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title From 
Job Description From 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1444  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/17/2001 11:18:21 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/rixter/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Guess The Money Two! (SOLVED!) That's right! It's time for everybody's FAVORITE lounge game: Guessing how much money game! I realize that my last thread has no pictures anymore, and boolean's had a prize, but I'll compromise: Pictures and no prize! Perfect! So here it is:... 
Posted September 6, 2008 2:54:37 PM
MacBook vs MacBook Pro? Hey Mac fans, So my mom is actually looking to get a new computer, and she believes a laptop would suit her best. So she was in town a few weeks ago and we went around laptop shopping to see what she thought (she's not totally computer illiterate... 
Posted February 27, 2008 2:34:08 PM
So I bought a 4-cyl import... Note: This is an unecessarily long car thread. Yep, bought a new car (first time in 8.5 years!), and it's basically the opposite of my previous car. So because I can, a little about my first (second) car: The 1988 Mustang 5.0. I bought th... 
Posted September 7, 2007 9:40:05 PM
ROBOTS (kits) So my friend's birthday is comming up, and lately he's been interested in little robot kits. I remember seeing some pretty cool ones online, but now I don't know where they are. So how about recommending your favorite robot kits! He's ki... 
Posted June 8, 2007 5:09:31 PM
Stock Market So I've been considering getting a bit into the stock market, problem is I've never done that before. Does anyone have experience buying and selling stocks? Is there a good place to go to get started? I was considering looking into Ameritrade or &... 
Posted January 18, 2007 8:18:10 PM
Super Famicon Quick question, is it possible to play a Super Famicon game on the SNES? What modifications/adapters might be needed? Thanks 
Posted January 4, 2007 4:14:47 PM
Free software to quickly put multiple images on same page for printing? Say I have about 100 pictures that need to be printed, instead of printing each on their own page I want about 4 to a page. Is there a fast way to do this without lots of cutting and pasting into new images? Even something that just handled... 
Posted August 27, 2006 5:04:23 PM
Guess the money! [56k warning] Over! So I've got this piggy bank full of quarters, and it is time to cash it in. Can you guess how much money is in there?! Here are some pictures of it next to a Total Annihilation case: And here it is doing what it usually does: ... 
Posted August 11, 2006 5:45:49 PM
3 Fast 3 Furious So my brother and I went and saw The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift last night, he had high hopes, I didn't, but I figured it would probably be better than 2. Honestly, we were both quite surprised at how good it was. It was actually a lot bet... 
Posted June 17, 2006 4:20:36 PM
I'm back in the country. So I got back from my trip the other day. I don't feel like making a huge long post about it, and I'm sure nobody feels like reading a huge long post about it, so here's just some random stuff: -I enjoyed myself, of course. -Subways are the... 
Posted June 8, 2006 12:46:08 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Internships at Lockheed Martin Everyone handles things differently of course, but I worked at the school, which worked out really well for me with balancing work and school. Didn't pay much, but that's not really important, you're supposed to be broke in college. I wouldn't... 
Posted December 27, 2010 11:38:24 PM
Microsoft selling Bioshock for $2 and Age of Empires 3 for $0.10 Quote:Original post by Slateboard I don't know how long it'll last Apparently not long.  
Posted November 24, 2010 12:00:24 AM
How many bottles of beer does it take to get drunk? It doesn't take much to feel the effects of alcohol, generally. The definition of "drunk" seems to be vague and changes from person to person. Especially when they are drinking. I'm like speciesUnknown, I like having a few drinks in me, but I do... 
Posted September 24, 2010 9:47:14 PM
What would be the best fighting game for xbox 360? I suggest street fighter! 
Posted September 8, 2010 8:33:49 PM
The Retro Renaissance Game Development Challenge! Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes Quote:Original post by The_Neverending_Loop If its 3D most likely not, but iam not to sure what mode X is either. Mode X is SNES' way to fake 3D. You're thinking of Mode 7. Another descriptive name. Cool... 
Posted September 6, 2010 1:24:11 PM
Target Store Flash Mob Protest I had no problem boycotting Target after hearing about this a couple weeks ago, I didn't like them anyway. Target wants you to believe they're better than Wal-Mart, but I've broken so many icecream scoops and cheese cutters I've bought from there, I... 
Posted August 23, 2010 9:04:18 PM
Holy crap Gran Turismo 5... Yeah, I just refer to it as gran turismo forever at this point. GT4 was a good game with its fair share of annoyances, but I've moved on to Forza. Prologue was an insult (a preview game for nearly full price?), but I think GT5 will probably be... 
Posted August 13, 2010 1:30:15 PM
Why Bumpmaps Aren't Scary: A short essay on the perceptible effects of technology Quote:Original post by Extrarius There is more difference between any two titles in the Mario series than between most new titles in the any given genre. I can see that. Admittedly, I've played and purchased more Xbox arcade and indie games in t... 
Posted July 17, 2010 2:39:21 PM
Why Bumpmaps Aren't Scary: A short essay on the perceptible effects of technology Am I the only one who grew up on Nintendo and still likes modern games? :P Alone in the Dark on PC was the first game I found scary, and that was with a dude made out of like 20 polygons and PC-speaker sound (which they worked... 
Posted July 14, 2010 10:21:57 PM
Flash Basketball gamedev competition Bounce it off the back of the rim six times then throw it clean over the backboard. Yep, that's how I play basketball alright. 
Posted June 25, 2010 1:50:43 PM
View All Replies Made By This User