Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know slayemin...  
Full Name Eric Nevala
Nickname slayemin 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Seattle, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1302  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/23/2001 6:31:49 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C# Listbox question I'm trying to write an app in C#. I'm trying to present a list box which contains a list of text strings and a list of hidden index values. I've got something like this in code: Dictionary<Guid, MyObject> data; //filled with stuff List... 
Posted December 10, 2010 8:37:44 AM
Strange optical illusion? It's a cold October night. I was looking at the half moon and the halo around it. Then I noticed something really strange -- There was a bluish mirror image of the moon inside the halo at the 8 o'clock position. I thought it might be a problem with m... 
Posted October 18, 2010 12:39:14 AM
Seeking 3D model & texture artist Team name: None Project name: Draco (Episode 1) Teaser Story: In 2045, the people of Earth set aside their differences and formed a benevolent world government. Peace and prosperity followed for centuries. As mankind gazed towards the stars,... 
Posted September 26, 2010 8:41:12 PM
Variable textures on models? I'm a bit new to creating models, texturing them, and then getting them on screen. Here's my process flow: 1. Create the model in Wings3d 2. Export the model as an OBJ file 3. Import the OBJ file into UVMapper software 4. Create a texture... 
Posted July 22, 2010 8:50:18 AM
Seeking Seattle area Artist Important: As a part of managing our project, we meet face to face every Monday evening to talk about what we did, problems encountered, whats next, and clear up any confusion. For this reason, we strongly desire our team members to be in the local... 
Posted July 11, 2010 5:29:38 AM
How to: Ray tracing the light spectrum This is a post which describes what me and my partners did for a graphics programming final and how to do it. Hopefully, someone will find this information useful and implement it and/or improve upon it. ---------------------------------------------... 
Posted March 21, 2010 1:53:29 AM
Check out my ray traced images I'm new to ray tracing and have been working on a project for a graphics programming class. I thought some of the rendered images looked cool and thought I'd share, even though they're probably a bit 'beginnerish' compared to most graphics progr... 
Posted February 2, 2010 12:35:53 AM
How can I virtualize Mac OS? I'm trying to get started with developing a game for the iPhone but the SDK will only run on a Mac (or at least, Mac OS). Unfortunately, I only have PC's. I'm trying to find virtualization software which would let me run an instance of... 
Posted August 26, 2009 7:04:51 PM
Blurry line between morality and sentience? Scenario 1: A predator drone is flying over Afghanistan. It's equipped with air-to-ground missiles. It's flying on autopilot and searching for bad guys to blow up. After a few hours, it finds a target and shoots. Unfortunately, the predator dron... 
Posted July 30, 2009 4:09:01 PM
First game done! After slaving away at this game for the past month, me and my team have completed an alpha release of our game! I'd like to share it with everyone and get some feedback. You can download our game here: Gladmoor (20.5 Mb) We were a bit too ambitiou... 
Posted June 10, 2009 7:06:02 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Is 2010 the Decade of Game Designers? Farmville is a success because it's a well-tuned skinner box made easily accessible to the masses and incorporates lots of viral elements. It's not too hard to copy their template. 
Posted December 11, 2010 10:38:41 PM
Why is 'Murder' so popular Quote:Why is murder so popular in current games? I have my own ideas about why it is (no repercussions for one) but I would like to hear your thoughts... Because murder is sensational and we love to eat up all the drama it causes. My pet theo... 
Posted December 10, 2010 9:44:50 PM
Idea that only exists in warcraft 3 "Troll Tribes" 1. This should probably go in the help wanted forum. 2. You want to turn a WC3 map into a stand alone game. Why? What would it add that the WC3 map can't provide? 3. Success = lots of people playing your game. HoN and LoL are successful because... 
Posted December 10, 2010 9:27:30 PM
C# Listbox question Quote:Original post by SiCrane Quote:Original post by slayemin This all works, but I feel it's bad and there's probably a better way to do it. I think you didn't read what I wrote. Let's try this again with emphasis: Quote:So what went wrong usin... 
Posted December 10, 2010 8:06:14 PM
C# Listbox question Quote:Original post by SiCrane So what went wrong using the DisplayMember with the KeyValuePair? This all works, but I feel it's bad and there's probably a better way to do it. 1. I'd rather not have to create a StringPair class just to get a li... 
Posted December 10, 2010 10:27:13 AM
C# Listbox question Quote:Original post by SiCrane Did you try using the ListBox's DisplayMember property? Yes. I think it's necessary when you're setting the datasource for the list box. Here is my exact code: //class definition public class StringPair ... 
Posted December 10, 2010 9:49:24 AM
File Merging Tool? I just realized how BIG of a job this would be for the computer to run. If you've got a 2TB hard drive and you have something like 100,000 files (being really generous here), and you want to find any duplicate files which may have different names... 
Posted November 14, 2010 2:39:00 AM
The right direction for a student? Let's take a step back and look at the pros and cons: 1. It's a retail job. Unless you plan to have a long term career in retail, it's pretty much useless for resume material. You won't gain any extra professional skills by continuing to work ther... 
Posted November 12, 2010 11:02:57 PM
What do you listen to while programming? I listen to opera/metal, classical, and rarely techno. Sometimes I program in silence, which is probably more efficient since I don't have to mess around with the play list and don't have to get distracted by something in a song. I guess music is... 
Posted November 10, 2010 6:46:52 PM
Computer crash/Virus Don't forget, you can reinstall operating systems without reformatting the drive you're installing to. I would try to find some way to find where the virus is initializing itself. Either it's a stand alone program (which can be found and removed)... 
Posted November 6, 2010 1:23:15 AM
View All Replies Made By This User