Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Acharis...  
Full Name  
Nickname Acharis 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.lordsgame.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 994  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/5/2010 7:03:29 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
War industry & economy WWI-WWII turn based strategy. Humans use tools to change resources into things. So Workers + Factories + Resources = Production. That's the basic relation. But how exactly present it? The most obvious equation Production=min(Workers,Factories... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:05:36 AM
WWI population & conscription Reasonably realistic (not necessarily historical) WWI-WWII turn based simulator. Timescale around 2-10 years. Population is presented as working population (children and eldery excluded). I would say 30% of them can be conscripted (50% are fem... 
Posted January 4, 2011 8:28:44 PM
Research and implementation You spend research points, the technology pops up. So far so good. But how about implementation of the new technology? What about the cost of building newly researched things, infrastructure needed, better factories high-tech enough to be able to pro... 
Posted January 3, 2011 12:54:49 AM
Science & Education Turn based strategy game, XVIII-XIX century. I try to implement a research system with these properities: - give strategic choices to player (obvious) - the researched technology (research points) has to be also implemented (construction cost),... 
Posted October 18, 2010 4:36:15 PM
Resources and ore deposits Turn strategy about industrial revolution. I want to make an interesting resource system. Maybe not anything thrilling but something that would make these feel different and force player to make some decisions. What I want to avoid (at least a bit... 
Posted October 20, 2010 5:06:41 PM
Population, buildings and land Turn based strategy. There is land (one variable describing number of plots of land) and population (one variable). Each plot of land allows 1 building, unoccupied land is considered farmland. Buildings are the most important things in the game, t... 
Posted October 10, 2010 11:12:16 AM
Problem with trivial choice bonuses I always had this problem with multiplier bonus using the same resource as the multiplied base. No matter what, there is always one optimal path. Like this for example: We have 2 unit types, soldier and officer, both cost the same. Soldier ha... 
Posted October 9, 2010 2:14:05 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
War industry & economy Quote:Original post by Katie ’ "maximum of how much of your economy you're willing to devote to weapons" is not realistic, because many customer goods do not compete for resources with military production. ’ No, but if you're doing... 
Posted January 7, 2011 6:28:16 AM
War industry & economy Quote:Original post by Khaiy Except that production of weapons (or any other thing on a national scale) is going to be funded by taxes, bonds, or deficits-- more funding for war production will decrease money that consumers have to spend o... 
Posted January 5, 2011 5:30:15 PM
War industry & economy I should have noted at the start that my budget for this game is 4-8 hours of coding :) So I'm looking for abstact and simple solutions. There will be soldiers, workers, factories (one type) and one abstract resource. Maybe a few more, but overa... 
Posted January 5, 2011 10:57:49 AM
WWI population & conscription Quote:Original post by phresnel Quote:Original post by Acharis Good point... For 1-15 years war breeding rates during war are irrelevant since all workers and soldiers had to be born before war anyway. There was the Volkssturm and even younger c... 
Posted January 5, 2011 7:31:31 AM
WWI population & conscription Quote:Original post by Talroth If your game is only lasting 2-10 years, then you're not exactly going to have time to worry about 'breeding' rates. Good point... For 1-15 years war breeding rates during war are irrelevant since all workers and... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:22:33 AM
Engaging combat The problem might be with the "MMORPG" part. If this was a puzzle then no problem, but if this was like World of Warcraft... I mean, you can click mindlessly attack button to swing the sword or cast random spells for hours, no problem. But RSP requir... 
Posted January 4, 2011 2:14:44 PM
Research and implementation For Starcraft research and implementation stage does not apply, since you have no research points. Everything costs minerals and gas. So if you invent zerglings upgrade we could say you paid for implementation as well since you paid with resources. ... 
Posted January 4, 2011 2:10:04 PM
Turn-Based Wargame : Would love some feedback. Hex turn-based + huge world does not make a good combo. 
Posted January 3, 2011 8:41:36 AM
I have a game design dilemma and could use some advice Every 5 levels you get an ability to skip 1 level. You can go back later and solve the level to get your "skip level" back for further use. 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:58:51 AM
"Now that my WoW clone is working..." Quote:Original post by Morri In order to make any crowdsourcing style application to work is to have an existing community of users, community can not be made from a void. How that happens is that you need to have a very focused niche of users... 
Posted December 25, 2010 12:16:06 PM
View All Replies Made By This User