Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Reckoner...  
Full Name  
Nickname Reckoner 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1071  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/1/2004 1:30:56 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
Feedback Requested: Javascript Solitaire Game Congratulations! If this is your first real game, then I am impressed. I am amazed at the amount of polish in the game, especially the interface and visual style (even more so considering that most JavaScript games have very minimal interfaces w... 
Posted August 18, 2007 4:13:50 PM
function pointers Quote:Original post by ELFanatic What is this boost bind and boost function? I haven't heard of it yet. These are part of the Boost C++ Libraries, a great collection of useful C++ libraries. There are many essential libraries here and I strongly... 
Posted August 18, 2007 2:46:12 PM
8-bit noir Quote:Original post by _Sigma Quote:Based on that silly rumour saying Mario had subliminal communist propaganda[...]referring to? There was a humorous article about communist references in the original Super Mario Bros. game for the NES. The... 
Posted August 17, 2007 8:48:38 PM
.cpp or .h? And 2d depth Quote:Original post by memento_mori As for the actual implementation of the function, it doesn't matter where it is... you could write it all in the header file or you write it in the CPP file. This isn't correct in the general case. If you defi... 
Posted August 16, 2007 5:03:05 PM
(C++) How to convert std::string to char* [] (array of pointers to characters) Quote:Original post by lougv22 What are the advantages of your solution over the one I offered? ToohrVyk's code is much cleaner, easier to read (making it easier to maintain and change), and less error-prone than your original code. It is al... 
Posted August 12, 2007 12:40:34 PM
how to seed randomness in iostream Quote:Original post by GROUDON i use MVS .NET 2003. YOU use MVS .NET 2005 Express. This shouldn't matter. They both automatically pause programs when they are run from the IDE. MSVC++ 2005 Express is, however, offered free for download if you wan... 
Posted August 3, 2007 3:59:04 PM
I got this kid suspended today... Ok. 
Posted April 18, 2007 12:12:04 AM
free Visual Studio 2005 Standard [US-only, ends 6/30/2007] Quote:Original post by BradDaBug Do you only get the goodies if you attend the live labcasts, or will the on-demand ones work too? I went through two on demand labcasts (they're pretty neat, by the way) and I completed the sur... 
Posted April 10, 2007 7:59:03 PM
MSVC++ .net 2005 express and collapsible blocks Tools >> Options >> Text Editor >> C/C++ >> Formatting >> Automatic Outlining of Statement Blocks As for why your program will not run on your girlfriend's machine, it is probably because you used the DLL version... 
Posted April 8, 2007 11:28:37 AM
boost::shared_ptr as a class member Quote:Original post by jyk [Edit: I compiled it using gcc 4.x rather than VC++, but I'd be surprised if that was a factor (although I suppose it could be).] Nope. It compiled perfectly fine for me under VC++ Express 2005. The problem must be else... 
Posted April 2, 2007 9:47:16 PM
View All Replies Made By This User