Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know JWalsh...  Moderator
Full Name Jeromy Walsh
Nickname JWalsh 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Issaquah, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1916  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/4/2002 12:26:58 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Normal Computations for Heightfield Lighting
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! Welcome to the XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop Introduction ThreadStarting this coming January I will once again be running one of my GameDev.net workshops! Due to growing interest and the recent release of XNA 4.0, this workshop will be on XN... 
Posted November 12, 2010 1:59:23 PM
C# Workshop - Signup Thread Welcome to the GDNet C# Workshop Signup ThreadFor a complete introduction to this workshop, please look here. Workshop Overview This workshop is designed to aid people in their journey to learn beginning C# (C-Sharp). This workshop is targeted... 
Posted June 20, 2007 4:52:37 PM
C++ Workshop - Getting Started with C++ (Ch. 1 & 2) Welcome to the GDNet C++ Workshop – Ch. 1 & 2For a complete introduction to this workshop, please look here. Workshop Overview This workshop is designed to aid people in their journey to learn beginning C++. This workshop is targeted at highly... 
Posted June 1, 2006 12:40:27 PM
XNA Role Playing Game Starter Kit 4.0 (Windows) With the release of XNA 4.0 and the many breaking changes, many people are looking for updated versions of the various starter kits. Recently I ported the Role Playing Game Starter Kit (Windows) to XNA 4.0 and posted it on my blog. Micros... 
Posted November 3, 2010 5:55:18 PM
C++ Workshop - Pointers (Ch. 8) Welcome to the GDNet C++ Workshop – Ch. 8For a complete introduction to this workshop, please look here. Workshop Overview This workshop is designed to aid people in their journey to learn beginning C++. This workshop is targeted at highly moti... 
Posted July 17, 2006 4:19:08 PM
C++ Workshop - Project 1 Project 1 – Overview Welcome all to the first project of the C++ Workshop. This project will be a combat simulator following very simple combat logic, roughly equivalent to that found in Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition. Participants will have 1 m... 
Posted August 16, 2006 6:41:49 PM
[XNA] NeHe Style XNA tutorials with XNA 4.0 Hi All! Back in 2007 when I was first learning XNA I adapted the first 10 or so of NeHe's OpenGL tutorials to XNA 2.0 and posted them here on GameDev.net. They got A LOT of attention. However, since then a lot has changed in XNA, with XNA... 
Posted April 14, 2010 1:54:04 PM
Inside Gas Powered Games with Kings & Castles Hi All, Many people out there who are not yet in the industry would like an opportunity to see what goes on "behind the scenes" in a game company. Chris Taylor, CEO of Gas Powered Games (Dungeon Siege I & II, Demigod) has decided to deliver e... 
Posted April 4, 2010 7:57:47 PM
[Paid] Multi-Platform (WinPhone 7, PC, Xbox 360) Project Seeks Artists Team name: Mach X Games Project name: Codename is CrashX. The official name is undecided. Brief description: A new, Semi-post Apocalyptic 3D Role Playing Game built using XNA 4.0. Story Task Force ------------ Historical Documents ... 
Posted March 25, 2010 11:20:15 PM
C# Workshop - Project 2: Character Generator C# Workshop – Project 2: Random Character Generator Note: Participants will have 2 weeks (ending Sunday, August 26th at 00:00) to complete the project. Introduction Welcome to the second project of the C# Workshop. This project is designed... 
Posted August 12, 2007 1:58:10 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop Signup Form is now online! Register today and tell your friends to join! It's FREE! 
Posted December 29, 2010 10:23:37 PM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! Heya all, I'm out of town on vacation and was too busy with work to get the sign-up page posted before I left. So the signup will be on my website when I return on December 28th. Also, when I spoke to Chad Carter he said there wa... 
Posted December 23, 2010 1:42:57 PM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! Quote:Original post by Fl4sh NICE...lol. I'm just getting into vectors and matrices right now. So this is motivation to keep going so that I can be prepared for this. ;) Btw, where is the signup sheet on your site. I can't find it. No... 
Posted December 5, 2010 11:52:00 PM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! GameDevelopedia.com's XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop is just in time for Dream.Build.Play 2011! Schedule and topics have been posted XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop Schedule & Topics. Cheers! 
Posted December 3, 2010 5:23:49 PM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! Quote:Original post by xx6heartless6xx I know how to program in C++ but have never done C#. Do you think I can follow along or is there too much of a gap between the two languages? The languages are very similar, and C#'s semantics are a super-se... 
Posted December 2, 2010 7:40:42 PM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! It's hard to say what's "enough" C# knowledge. I like to look at it like this. C# is a programming language - just like English, Spanish, French, etc... are spoken languages. The only difference is we use programming languages to communicate wit... 
Posted December 1, 2010 11:45:37 AM
GameDev.net XNA 4.0 Winter Workshop in time for DBP 2011! Just put a new post on my blog. I'm working on the outline and am asking people to provide feedback on the topics they'd like covered. Feel free to post a comment on my blog with what you're interested in learning. Cheers! 
Posted November 23, 2010 1:35:42 PM
my game audio engine(2)-interface I'm not sure if this is a "scam" or not, but its obviously spam. @ccsdu2004, please do not cross-post an advertisement about your new audio and/or game engine multiple times. And please don't bump your own threads. I'm closing this post as it... 
Posted November 12, 2010 4:10:39 PM
Is there any way to replace certain colors within a texture loaded into a sprite? There are a few different ways of getting/updating the texture data depending on how you're creating it. Specifically, depending on whether you're creating your texture with D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM, D3DPOOL_DEFAULT, or D3DPOOL_MANAGED. If you... 
Posted November 4, 2010 12:23:29 PM
Is there any way to replace certain colors within a texture loaded into a sprite? Quote:Original post by nlraley Do you know of any references that go over that concept anywhere? Are you using native DirectX or XNA? 
Posted November 4, 2010 12:01:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User