Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know O-san...  GDNet+
Full Name Daniel Olofsson
Nickname O-san 
State/Province, Country Vasterbottens Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Umea, Vasterbottens Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.oddgames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Founder/Owner 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1253  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/19/2007 7:40:22 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/osan/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
OpenAL utility toolkit hang I'm having some difficulty with alut. When I close my program the last few sounds that are played gets repeated/stutters, extremely annoying. I am initializing OpenAL with alutInit(0,0) and I set an exit function. void openALexit(){ if(alutExit... 
Posted October 14, 2010 5:05:46 AM
[solved] gluProject I am trying to get the screen coordinates of my world coordinates using gluProject. I am using this bit of code to get my different matrices: glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); glLoadIdentity(); glOrtho(-(windowWidth()/2)/Zoom, (windowWidth()/2)/Zoom,... 
Posted September 29, 2010 9:06:37 AM
Radeon compile time I am experiencing slow shader compile times on my Radeon 4850 when I launch the project from inside the IDE. I am using GNU GCC Compiler and Code::Blocks. If I launch the project executable from windows the compile time is none existent. Has any... 
Posted September 20, 2010 4:55:51 AM
glfw resolution Is there a way to list screen resolutions using glfw, similar to how SDL does it? 
Posted August 19, 2010 6:11:51 AM
FSAA problems I would appreciate some help with fullscreen anti aliasing. I enable anti alias with glfw: glfwOpenWindowHint( GLFW_FSAA_SAMPLES,8);And I compensate my orthographic view to draw at pixel centers: glOrtho(0,window.getWidth(),window.getHeight(),0,-1,... 
Posted August 16, 2010 5:42:21 PM
Path Wizard I am happy to announce Path Wizard, a puzzle game for the iPhone developed by OddGames. Path Wizard features a game play similar to the classic board game The aMAZEing Labyrinth. The goal of the game is to collect treasures that are scattered ins... 
Posted July 2, 2010 2:39:51 PM
Path Wizard Path Wizard has been released by OddGames. A labyrinth/puzzle board game where you insert bricks to create paths in a maze. The goal is to reach a certain treasure in the maze in as few turns as possible. The game is available for iPhone and iP... 
Posted June 30, 2010 5:56:52 PM
AVAudioPlayer iphone I've been using AVAudioPlayer to play music in my application. I have four tunes that need to be played at different locations within the program... they are never played simultaneously. So far I've been using a new AVAudioPlayer object for each tune... 
Posted June 15, 2010 4:19:18 AM
Apple Catcher for iPhone/iPod Just released an updated version of my game Apple Catcher. The game is developed in XCode on my shiny new iMac :) I used OpenGL and OpenAL for the graphics and audio respectively. The goal of the game is to catch falling fruits from an apple... 
Posted March 4, 2010 3:09:59 PM
std::list problem Hello, I am trying keep a pointer to an item in a std::list. I could use a std::list<object>::iterator but they can't be initialized to 0 like an ordinary pointer (some compilers allow it though). What is the best method to keep a pointer to a... 
Posted December 12, 2009 12:13:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
.obj help it would help if you posted your obj loader and drawing routines. Obj files start with their face index at 1 instead of 0, that gets me every time. 
Posted December 15, 2010 3:55:29 AM
A simple way to make character animation? (3d) You could try rotating and translating individual meshes in relation to its parent. Like rotating an upper arm-part in relation to the shoulder/upper torso. Push and pop matrix could be used to make things easier. This probably works best on rob... 
Posted December 3, 2010 4:23:17 PM
Isometric game - AI , math and another stuff. It is hard to give advice when you give out little information. There are many AI approaches that one can consider when developing a game. It all depends on what kind of game you are aiming for. Your previous knowledge can play a big part t... 
Posted December 3, 2010 4:10:04 PM
rotoscoping using 3d software Well, you can render your sprites in blender (that is what I do) or you can paint them by hand in any program you like. I would recommend Photoshop CS3+ (comes with frame-by-frame animation) or ProMotion by cosmigo (quite similar to DeluxePaintV). ... 
Posted November 17, 2010 11:11:23 AM
Isometric Revival Looks totally awesome. I'm happy you come back to the isometric stuff :) Looking forward to future post in your journal. 
Posted October 15, 2010 2:53:39 AM
OpenAL utility toolkit hang Well, it seems that the topic is wrong. I still get the sound stutters on exit even when I have removed alut from the project. So the cause must lay in OpenAL itself. I now use a wave loader I found at Creative labs (CWaves.cpp/CWaves.h). I a... 
Posted October 14, 2010 8:45:00 AM
OpenAL utility toolkit hang Quote:Original post by Ashaman73 I got the same problem but I can't really remember what I have done to get rid of the audio artifacts. Did you have tried to stop the sources before deleting them, even if deleting the sources should stop the sound a... 
Posted October 14, 2010 6:10:30 AM
[solved] gluProject Got it working now. I had to flip the winY value as well as swapping the world.x and world.y and make them negative. I'm using a coordinate system which has larger values coming towards the camera instead of the default, other way around. I forgo... 
Posted September 30, 2010 2:59:18 AM
Mixing shadowmaps and lightmaps Can't you have the static objects included in the shadowmap lighting shader also? I would probably go for shadowmapping on the entire scene. 
Posted September 29, 2010 3:38:53 PM
[solved] gluProject Thanks for the replies! I am at work right now. I will try inverting the Y value once I get home. 
Posted September 29, 2010 11:01:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User