Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SelethD...  
Full Name Lance Rowin
Nickname SelethD 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Anson, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1016  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/22/2003 1:15:50 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Jukebox Emu Help Im not sure where I should post this question, but I needed some general advice on making a project. I have an old 1972 jukebox that I was given, and the outside is still in very nice shape, however the inside mechanism was rusted and locked... 
Posted December 23, 2010 3:32:42 PM
send problem in threads I have been trying to make a 'bot' in vis c# 2008 I have noticed that after I connect, If I send the appropriate packets by pressing buttons on the form window, (so send command is called from main form) then everything works fine However,... 
Posted October 19, 2010 10:46:46 PM
C# read entire tcp stream question I am recieving data to my chat client with tpc ip I am using a stream to get the data, however, I dont know how long the data is, so how do I read the entire stream into my buffer? btw, this data is not going to be text, but binary data. Binar... 
Posted October 9, 2010 12:29:20 PM
I need to get started with action script I have been programming a very very long time, c, c++, the BASIC langauges, pascal, c#, etc, etc. So recently I decided I wanted to make some Flash Games. I then realized I have no idea where to start. After a day of googling, I understand... 
Posted August 4, 2010 7:55:57 PM
some TCHAR trouble comparing strings The whole TCHAR unicode thing is very new to me. I have always used char and cost char pointer and arrays when dealing with strings c++ I would really like to just continue using the old ways if possible, however, I am trying to use the api ... 
Posted June 23, 2010 11:50:02 AM
Getting names of enumerated processes I have googled and searched on these forums all day, and I can not seem to find a simple example of how to ... 1. Enumerate all the processes running 2. Get the names of these processes I am using VC++ in vis studio 2008 , running ... 
Posted June 18, 2010 11:19:43 AM
Locking with threads Using threads is still a new thing to me, so I have some questions about accessing data from multiple threads. First off im using C#. I have a data structure... byte <List> dataBuffer; (this holds the incoming network data) Now I... 
Posted April 20, 2010 11:09:50 AM
how do control + left mouse Im programming in c#, and I can make my mouse left click on the screen, and I can send keys to an application with sendkeys. However I cant seem to find anything helping me to send a ctrl + left mouse click to a remote application. any ide... 
Posted April 8, 2010 10:34:15 PM
trying to solve encryption I have some data, and it appears to be somehow encrypted. I have the un-encrypted data, but I would like to understand what is being done. I hope maybe someone with some math experience might help me out. Here are the encrypted bytes ... 
Posted February 5, 2010 2:35:09 PM
libws2_32.a ? This im sure is a really stupid question. Im working on an example I downloaded for Visual C++, but in the code it links to the library libws2_32.a For some reason I get the error ... 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'lib... 
Posted January 14, 2010 9:35:12 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Survival Games? I enjoyed the 'survival-ish' elements of 'Return to Mysterious Island' Though it was more of a puzzle solving game, I enjoyed trying to figure out how to make fire, find things to eat, and the exploration was nice. Also it had that 'Im all on... 
Posted November 5, 2010 1:01:46 AM
send problem in threads This is very frustrating, the locking didnt help, and even using async sockets didnt help. let me try to explain what its doing in pseudo code ok, i have a form i have a class... cPlayer { Socket client; int userstate=0; } the class... 
Posted October 20, 2010 11:30:18 PM
send problem in threads I will try the lock method and see if I get any results. However... would it be 'good' programming practice to have a timer on my main form, set for 10 ms, per tick then have the whole connection defined in class, and created as an objec... 
Posted October 20, 2010 5:48:24 PM
C# read entire tcp stream question oh... ok... well, I was connecting with a server that I dont control. hmmm, ill keep searching for a solution i guess 
Posted October 9, 2010 8:41:49 PM
I need to get started with action script Thanks for the reply, you have given me a starting point! Funny, considering I started programming in the mid-80's you would think I would prefer the command line environments, lol, but no... I loves me some IDE :D Thanks again. 
Posted August 4, 2010 10:19:03 PM
some TCHAR trouble comparing strings Ive been to msdn lots of times, but I guess I never noticed that section before, thanks SiCrane, I will always remember to check there. 
Posted June 23, 2010 11:28:19 PM
some TCHAR trouble comparing strings oh wow, the _tcscmp() command worked perfectly I had searched earlier for a TCHAR compatible version of strcmp on google, but I never found any article with the _tcscmp() command. Thanks ArthY303, and no such user 
Posted June 23, 2010 5:23:28 PM
some TCHAR trouble comparing strings oh wow, the _tcscmp() command worked perfectly I had searched earlier for a TCHAR compatible version of strcmp on google, but I never found any article with the _tcscmp() command. Thanks ArthY303, and no such user 
Posted June 23, 2010 5:23:22 PM
Getting names of enumerated processes Ok, I got everything working ok now. I believe the problem was the the entire project needed to compile first... because this is what I did. I loaded my original project, then I did what 'Evil Steve' said, and the entire program compiled fine... 
Posted June 18, 2010 3:09:40 PM
Getting names of enumerated processes Thanks a bunch, I was able to get the fresh project to compile, but for some reason ... even with adding the .lib in the old project ... the old project is still giving me the 'error C3861: 'EnumProcessModules': identifier not found' I really dont... 
Posted June 18, 2010 2:39:12 PM
View All Replies Made By This User