Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know jbadams...  Moderator - Help Wanted
Full Name Jason Adams
Nickname jbadams 
State/Province, Country Victoria   Australia
GD Gathering City Seaford, Victoria, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.jasonbadams.net/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1911  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/26/2002 2:38:51 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Yet another layout oddity... (random centering) ...which didn't seem to really fit into the other two recent threads, both of which seemed mostly resolved, so... Random stuff is centred. See for example any randomly chosen forum faq, or the text of any PM. As of yet I've not come across any... 
Posted July 28, 2010 1:49:44 AM
Does my post belong here? Planning to post in Your Announcements? Does your post belong here? Posts that don't belong might be closed or deleted, or might get a better response if posted in a different forum. The following list may help you decide if you should post in a d... 
Posted June 17, 2010 9:54:17 AM
Replication RAID functionality (symlinks) I'm trying to solve an odd little problem and would like some feedback on my proposed solution. Given a large collection of files on multiple disk drives, I need to present a single point-of-access for the files as if they were on a... 
Posted March 18, 2010 11:22:10 AM
Help Offered Picks Help Offered PicksPosted by: Jason Adams at July 20, 2009 1:58:29 AMThe following are a selection of posts from our Help Wanted forum offering help or services for your game development projects. Posts are grouped into sections of graphics, audio,... 
Posted July 20, 2009 10:58:29 AM
** HELP WANTED POLICY REMINDER ** Posts in the Help Wanted forum MUST be formatted according to a required template, without which they are subject to deletion, closing or other moderation. The last section of the template is titled "Feedback", and specifies what sort of responses... 
Posted July 9, 2009 12:17:26 PM
Help Wanted Picks Help Wanted PicksPosted by: Jason Adams at July 6, 2009 12:27:24 AMThe following are a hand-picked selection of some of the cool projects currently looking for help in our Help Wanted forum. The Color Gray - Sci-Fi Flash Game Adventure game, seek... 
Posted July 6, 2009 9:27:24 AM
Help Wanted Picks - June '09 Help Wanted Picks - June '09Posted by: Jason Adams at June 1, 2009 1:27:31 AMWelcome back to our regularly scheduled Help Wanted Picks featuring some of the great projects our members are looking for help with. If you’re looking for help with... 
Posted June 1, 2009 10:27:31 AM
[closed] Looking for concept/character artist for a non-game commission Brief description: This is not a game project, but may be of interest to game concept/character artists. I'm looking to commission an artist to create a single piece of artwork featuring a specific fantastical creature which physically most resembl... 
Posted May 21, 2009 4:19:58 AM
Help Wanted Picks Help Wanted PicksPosted by: Jason Adams at May 25, 2009 10:32:30 PMHere we are with a quick bonus edition of the Help Wanted Picks, showcasing some of the more interesting and/or promising projects from our Help Wanted forum. Check back next week fo... 
Posted May 25, 2009 7:32:30 AM
Help Wanted Picks Help Wanted PicksPosted by: Jason Adams at March 23, 2009 12:23:03 AMAfter a couple of missed editions we’re back with a fresh set of awesome projects from the Help Wanted forum, to be followed by another set next week as I switch to a new sche... 
Posted March 23, 2009 9:23:03 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Seeking Strategic Funder and Game Development Team 1st Revision Quote:Original post by bizmaxpower [...]that is why that term was used.A person who is not contented with other words will used another words.We cannot deny that words are evolving.[...]That's all fine, and you're welcome to do as you wish with your... 
Posted January 5, 2011 4:59:15 PM
Excellent AS3 Developer for WebConference Start-UP (as partner) 1 Please format your request according to the required template found in the ** READ BEFORE POSTING ** thread. I'm closing this toic, but you're welcome to repost using the template. 2 Please use only ONE topic for all of the positions yo... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:53:50 AM
How To Increase Traffic. Your question is completely off topic for this community -- please find somewhere more relevant to ask your question and save any posts here for questions at least somewhat related to game development. 
Posted January 4, 2011 1:20:37 AM
Seeking Strategic Funder and Game Development Team 1st Revision Quote:Original post by Wan Quote:Strategic Funder- This person is the one who will make means to fund and by the way state the game development position that you want. (must be a game developer in order he will not waste effort), but will not s... 
Posted January 2, 2011 4:07:26 AM
Data for advanced collision in Flash games? Since you mention N, I assume you've read their articles on Basic Collision Detection and Response (Seperating Axis Theorem) and Grid-Based Collision Detection and Raycasting? How complex (in terms of shape) are the objects that you're testin... 
Posted January 2, 2011 12:46:51 AM
Flash Game Please format your request according to the required template found in the ** READ BEFORE POSTING ** sticky thread. You can change the text of your original post using the edit button in the upper right. 
Posted January 2, 2011 12:38:48 AM
[source] tags is too large if the code itself isn't really large. No, but you can use code tags rather than source, in which case your sample would look like this: void main(){}Obviously better for short snippets only. 
Posted January 1, 2011 8:27:25 AM
Abnodie Games needs developers! Please format your request according to the required template found in the ** READ BEFORE POSTING ** thread. You can change the text of your original post using the edit button in the upper right. 
Posted December 31, 2010 10:34:08 PM
Powerful and free game making tools What do you consider to be a "HIGH SYSTEM REQUIREMENT"? Unity is pretty good if you've not seen it before. 
Posted December 30, 2010 1:47:00 AM
Is this level of damage realtime possible with no calculus? I'm closing this, as it isn't going anywhere useful. You're welcome to re-post, but please ask an actual clearly defined question. 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:18:08 PM
View All Replies Made By This User