Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Sander...  Moderator - Web Development
Full Name Sander Marechal
Nickname Sander 
State/Province, Country Noord-Brabant   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Den Bosch, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.jejik.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title President 
Job Description Developing open source software, games and designing websites 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1817  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/19/2002 10:40:56 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
The second life of brute force terrain mapping
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
I forgot my trigonometry Boohoo me. It's been years since I've had to do any math. I have a little math problem to solve but I'm stumped. I forgot too much about trigonometry. I've drawn up a sketch in Inkscape that illustrates the problem. Can someone calculate the angle a... 
Posted June 17, 2010 6:22:04 PM
Touch typing Out of curiosity: How many of you know how to touch type? I can't. I can type pretty quickly using 6 fingers or so, but I always look at the keyboard while doing so. I hardly look at the screen at all. I can even see myself making typos without looki... 
Posted April 11, 2008 11:18:19 AM
Gnome Hearts 0.2 Release Announcement We are happy to announce the immediate release of gnome-hearts version 0.2. In this release the AI engines have been ported from Lua to Python and the C code has been significantly cleaned up. It also adds many new translations (British English, Hung... 
Posted September 7, 2007 8:05:05 PM
Searching for an ADSL router Hi all. I need some help finding an ADSL router. I have a quite extensive list of requirements, but there *has* to be a device out there that has it all. I found several good candidates but they all fail on one or more points. Specifically:... 
Posted May 17, 2007 3:38:03 PM
(perl-compatible) Regex-fu wanted I need some help on a particular (perl-compatible) regular expression. Say, I want to match question marks in an SQL query, e.g: "SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE field1=?". However, it should only match question marks that are not in a string.... 
Posted April 20, 2007 3:54:15 AM
Need a simple sound card Hi guys. I need a simple sound card. My "new" server doesn't have an onboard sound card so I need something simple to play music to my stereo. What I'm looking for: - Cheap. It seems that most stand alone cards are expensive gadgets targetted... 
Posted March 19, 2007 7:37:11 PM
Car wars! (56k warning) BWM started it: Audi responded: Then Subaru joined the fray: But I'm thinking Bently is the winner here: I'm sure hoping more will follow though! 
Posted November 13, 2006 3:40:39 PM
Video to flash convertors I am looking for an application that can convert various video formats to flash video's as seen on Google Video or YouTube for example (preferably with adding the nice playback controls as well). Must be flash 7 or earlier as I run Linux (which... 
Posted September 4, 2006 12:44:35 PM
Hearts for GNOME - project announcement I'm happy to announce Hearts for GNOME Hearts is an implementation of the classic card game for the GNOME desktop, featuring configurable rulesets and editable computer opponents to satisfy widely diverging playing styles. Hearts is Free Soft... 
Posted April 30, 2006 7:27:29 PM
Memory hog I always knew that Internet Explorere way a memory hog, but what I saw today was totally rediculous. Look what happened when I opened an 11 Kb XML file: This is a warning from our Citrix enviroment that I'm over the 50 Mb memory limit allowed.... 
Posted April 12, 2006 7:28:47 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? Please use an OSI certified license. They work, and are pretty well known and well understood. There's no difference between using a random license found in a random project somewhere on the web and writing your own license (both are generally b... 
Posted January 6, 2011 5:44:54 PM
the DRM sweet spot Quote:I want to add some kind of anti-piracy protection, even if its just something very simple that a half-knowledgeable person could circumvent. I just want to be able to prevent most people from stealing it for free. I don't think that will wor... 
Posted January 6, 2011 5:39:58 PM
How should I release my source code under GPL but not my art/music? "Frets on Fire" is a game where the source is released as GPL but the artwork (specifically, the songs) are not. You could have a look at that. Also, ID software has released the source code of many games under a GPL license, without the artw... 
Posted January 5, 2011 5:22:12 PM
Linux use and development, finally... @tstrimp: Novell's version is more accurate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cldeHjFig_c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LAXg_UmzTY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkFQVcl62qo 
Posted January 5, 2011 4:55:18 PM
[PHP/HTML] help in processing textarea nl2br() will work. The problem with your original code is that you are using single quotes around the \n in str_replace(). \n only matches a newline in a double quoted string, e.g "\n". In single quotes, it matches a literal backslash + letter n... 
Posted December 30, 2010 6:29:34 PM
Coding in bed Laptop here too. I use Linux. Thanks to the Awesome Window Manager (a programmable, tiling WM), Vimpertor (makes Firefox look and work like Vim) and Vim itself, I don't need to use a mouse at all. Perfect for coding in bed, on the couch, in the... 
Posted December 18, 2010 5:38:07 PM
Linux use and development, finally... Another happy Vim user here. Out-of-the-box Vim is a good editor but not terribly useful. But there are hundreds of plugins that make it great for any kind of editor. Personally I use Netrw, surround, VIP (lots of PHP tools), xdebug, taglist, bufexpl... 
Posted December 18, 2010 5:32:01 PM
OpenGL without X on NVIDIA They're X-drivers after all. If you want OpenGL without X, see if you can hack the Nouveau drivers. Or have a look at Wayland, an alternative to X.org. 
Posted December 18, 2010 5:15:15 PM
.org vs .com for an open source project? Yup, get both. Make one canonical and redirect the other to the canonical one. If it's a pure non-commercial FOSS project I'd make the .org the canonical one and redirect the .com domain. If you plan to offer commercial services alongs... 
Posted December 18, 2010 5:07:09 PM
Help with website Quote:Original post by MrGameGov what would be a good decison when wanting to build a large site ? for example a website that can make money from it content? A business plan.  
Posted December 1, 2010 6:29:24 PM
View All Replies Made By This User