Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Synt4x...  
Full Name Bryan Pellegrino
Nickname Synt4x 
State/Province, Country NH   United States
GD Gathering City Durham, NH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title VoIP conformance engineer (Student/CS Major) 
Job Description SIP Conformance and Interoperability with VoIP products 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/14/2005 11:12:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
TCL Regular Expressions ok, so i'm new to TCL and am trying to write a small script to pick apart a string to make sure it is correct, i'll denote a variable(could be any number of characters) by a $ sign: I need it to make sure the string matches the following: "INVITE... 
Posted June 13, 2006 11:46:34 AM
Intro game animations Ok, im not sure if this is the right place for this, BUT, how are the movies at the beginning of games, like the 25 second clips that advertise the companies, and also the movies made in like the Diablo 2 cinematics created? I'm curious about this an... 
Posted April 28, 2006 8:50:15 PM
Object Oriented Game Design Ok, I was talking about making a megaman type game, but i've never dealt with a game that encompasses so many different things, NQ gave me this great post: To me, it sounds as if you'd be able to do something like Megaman. Maybe you don't make it... 
Posted April 28, 2006 5:17:50 PM
Would this be too difficult? OK, so i've gone through a bunch of tutorials, feel I can grasp SDL and if not I have been able to go through the documentation easily, i've done Tetris, and was wondering, How difficult would it be for someone in my knowledge range to create a game... 
Posted April 26, 2006 12:29:37 PM
For future(not so far off) reference Ok, so im in the middle of a project right now, and have my next logical project planned out to get together alot of the skills that I need to advance to harder stuff. My question to you guys, is which of those would be more difficlt from the standpo... 
Posted April 27, 2006 12:55:30 PM
Data Structures Hello, i'd like to find some tutorials on more advanced data structures and sorting algorithms, i'm taking a data structures course in Java next year and would like to be prepared by covering the following things in both C++ and Java: Tr... 
Posted April 26, 2006 12:27:12 PM
hehe, my last beginner question for today Sorry for starting so many new threads.. I dont know if this isn't a good thing to do, if it's not... please let me know. I was just curious, if someone responds to a post of your with an answer that helps you, is it common courtesy to always increas... 
Posted April 26, 2006 12:34:03 PM
dont understand what the ':' does Im doing Aaron Cox's tutorials and in this constructor, he has the : and then adds 4 more things, can somebody please explain to me what this is called and what it does/is doing. Thank you very much for any help you can offer, // Main constructor... 
Posted April 22, 2006 4:29:24 PM
Visual C++ 2005 Express w/ SDL im also having an SDL problem, not sure if it's SDL or Visual C++, but I did AAron Cox first introduction tutorial in VS6.0, but now I just downloaded Visual C++ 2005 Express, the free one everyone keeps tellin me to get. but NOW, I take my old... 
Posted April 20, 2006 8:34:49 PM
SDL problem again... Loaded 'ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'D:\Programming\Projects\Game Programming\SDL\SDL Introduction\Debug\SDL.dll', no matching symboli... 
Posted April 19, 2006 5:02:29 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
TCL Regular Expressions Thank you so much, but I just have a few questions, 1. What does /d do? 2. what does the ... do in the string_to_match 3. regexp {INVITE sip:\((.*)\)@\((/d+)\.(/d+)\.(/d+)\.(/d+)\)\sSIP/2\.0.*} $string_to_match {} username ip1 ip2 ip3 ip4 whe... 
Posted June 13, 2006 3:36:00 PM
What is better? (On sprites) No, it should be faster to load the one single sheet than to load 100 individual files, think it about it, the loading will all be the same time, but the starting and stopping on each small file will be 100x more than the starting and stopp... 
Posted May 9, 2006 11:20:32 PM
RESOLVED - .txt file to EDIT control because it's only reading it one string at a time, and each loop through it raplaces the previous string with the new one, leaving you with only the last one, try not using the standard input operator or storing the strings s... 
Posted May 5, 2006 3:12:13 PM
Artist for 2D Dragon Shmup (60 day Compo) If I was an artist I would help you in a heartbeat :), sorry I can't do anything, good luck with your project, looks great! :) -Synt4x 
Posted May 4, 2006 4:20:05 PM
Selling a MMORPG I think winterdyne gave you the best deal your ever going to find, if you have as well working as a system as you think you do, run it by him, see if it develops into anything, not many other people will be willing to give you that opportunity. Good... 
Posted May 4, 2006 2:45:28 PM
Intro game animations No silverwings, you hit it right on the head, thats exactly what I was asking for, but someone presented displaying with BINK, so now im curious of that too :), -Synt4x 
Posted May 2, 2006 5:53:59 PM
Intro game animations Is BINK free if your game is non-commercial? I checked their website and some of the stuff is free and some is ALOT of money, but I didn't know if the free-stuff will do what I would need it to do. Thanks, -Synt4x 
Posted May 2, 2006 2:03:32 PM
Object Oriented Game Design Thanks a ton for this, you guys never cease to amaze me at the depth of your posts, this is awsome stuff! :) Thanks again, cheers, -Synt4x 
Posted May 1, 2006 12:29:58 PM
Intro game animations ... anybody? 
Posted May 1, 2006 12:28:59 PM
Intro game animations i'm unsure as of now, but if I were to use OpenGL + SDL w/ C++ what would I use(not sure if im going to use OpenGL or DirectX) also, do you know what the major companies use? -Synt4x 
Posted April 28, 2006 11:04:32 PM
View All Replies Made By This User