Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know trierman...  
Full Name Peter Trier
Nickname trierman 
State/Province, Country Arhus   Denmark
GD Gathering City Arhus, Arhus, Denmark
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://cg.alexandra.dk/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title R&D guy 
Job Description software developer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1021  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/28/2003 3:33:33 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Realtime glossy reflections Hi there, i just want to show some of the realtime indirect lighting experiments we made using light propagation volumes. It is a pretty cool technique where you inject some light into a volume texture and the propagates it a couple of times using sp... 
Posted June 22, 2010 4:01:24 PM
CUDA real time ray tracing tutorial We have made a simple and comprehendable tutorial on how to implement an ray tracer in CUDA. Read the tutorial and download sourcecode and demo here: http://cg.alexandra.dk/ It consist of only two files and it should be easy to jump... 
Posted August 12, 2009 10:45:13 AM
GPU raycasting I have been playing with some GPU raycasting on my nvidida 8800 gtx card. Its a pretty cool volume rendering technique, that can render advanced effects like the ray marching algortihm and refraction in realtime. But the purpose of my imple... 
Posted January 8, 2007 1:14:17 PM
Cuda Smoke Visualization Just made this nice image, with our new real-time Cuda based raytracing prototype. It is nowhere near finished but i thought it looked cool so why not post. The program enables the user to navigate inside the particiapating media and adjust many vi... 
Posted May 7, 2009 1:33:26 AM
3d points to convex polygon Hi there i have a question. I have generated a number of coplanar points, by slicing a cube. And i want to render these point using opengl POLYGON. But how do i make sure that the points are oriented correctly, clockwise or anticlockwise? I'm h... 
Posted December 21, 2006 12:56:20 AM
Waterboy!! Hii guys, we are back with another Open gl project, Waterboy!! This is a realtime watersimulation, that solves the Kass shallow water equations, by Jacobi iteration.. If that dosents make sense just try it out, we think it is pretty cool, especiall... 
Posted December 2, 2005 12:27:50 PM
Pressure boy!! Hi folks. This is an project we made for the physics simulation course at the university. I wrapped the project up in some executables to finish the whole thing. The idea is to simulate inflated objects physically, and interactivly play with the... 
Posted November 12, 2005 2:48:47 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Realtime glossy reflections Quote:Original post by andrew1b Looks pretty neat. Would it be faster than simply blurring cube mapped targets? Hi well you cannot compare cube mapping with this, because the light interacts both ways, as you can see on the statue. There is... 
Posted June 23, 2010 7:35:15 AM
Dungeon Fortress - First Impressions Wow amazing I really like these kinds of dungeoncrawlers. I guess when you are a small team the procedural generation of every game asset is really the way to go. good luck and looking forward to seeing the result.  
Posted May 19, 2010 3:04:15 AM
Light Propagation Volumes and SH questions Thanks for a great thread with a lot of useful info on LPV. So to follow the trend i also tried to implement this technique, and after some struggle i finally got something on the screen. Its not anywhere finished yet, but i wanted to test... 
Posted March 5, 2010 6:56:57 PM
2D entities with advanced lighting I really dig this! Even though i am struggling with 3d graphics all day long, my all time favorite game is 2d scrollers! Thanks! 
Posted January 5, 2010 2:41:44 AM
Real-Time Fragment Shader Voxels It is nothing fancy just some good ol ray casting. I made a tutorial that describes the technique. http://cg.alexandra.dk/2009/04/28/gpu-raycasting-tutorial/ Ja jeg sidder i Århus og lege med voxels :-)  
Posted January 5, 2010 2:39:44 AM
Real-Time Fragment Shader Voxels Looks interesting! I really like voxel rendering and been playing with it for some time, i use it in my drilling simulator to represent bone that can be drilled away. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_ykOOxlvE Stick to the code  
Posted January 4, 2010 3:47:51 PM
Cellular Automata and Iterative Systems It looks cool i really dig that kind of stuff. Good job 
Posted September 21, 2009 2:26:55 AM
CUDA real time ray tracing tutorial Hi guys thanks for the comments to Chris : about Optix we are looking forward to that to Astrofa : No wonder it runs a little jerky because the tutorial dosent use any accelration structure. This is because it is a tutorial and i wanted the cod... 
Posted August 19, 2009 2:45:06 AM
nGENE Tech techdemo trailer Hey Master, you are really a one man coding army!! It is very impressive and especially your water and the sky rendering amaze me. I understand that you use the Preetham sky model, do you upload to a cube or spherical map? I am really interest... 
Posted May 15, 2009 3:57:24 PM
Cuda Smoke Visualization Thanks for all the replies. Just to make things clear, this is a visualization tool and it does not simulate the density field(smoke). But several smoke data set can be loaded and can be viewed in an animation. "Master of riddles": you are right... 
Posted May 15, 2009 5:02:28 AM
View All Replies Made By This User