Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know josh1billion...  
Full Name Josh 
Nickname josh1billion 
State/Province, Country WI   United States
GD Gathering City La Crosse, WI, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.joshforde.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1053  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/18/2005 11:41:29 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Executing a pathfinding algorithm in real-time in a 3D game I have implemented the A* (A-star) pathfinding algorithm in my game. Now I face the problem of knowing when to deploy it most effectively. Here's the basic flow of my gameplay: It's a stealth game similar to Metal Gear Solid. The player tries... 
Posted October 29, 2009 7:47:20 PM
Super Orbulite World just released (freeware 2D platformer) Just released last night, this is actually my first major completed C++ game. Link: http://www.seedsoftime.net/sow/ This is a 2D platformer based on an old game of mine called Seeds of Time Online. I started it mostly as a little gift... 
Posted June 11, 2009 9:48:28 AM
Wanted: 2D artist, designer for shareware tower defense game (programming = complete) Ultimate Tower Defense is a game I've worked on, on-and-off, for over two years. The programming is mostly complete, and has been in the same state for the majority of those two years. The snag I've run into is simple: I'm not a pixel a... 
Posted March 21, 2009 4:10:39 AM
Simple audio playback in Java? (wav and ogg files) I tried looking into JOrbis (a decoder for ogg files) and the Java Sound API, and boy is it complicated when all I want to do is load, play, and stop wav and ogg files. Does there exist any higher-level playback library? Or is there any easier wa... 
Posted March 19, 2009 3:50:47 AM
A freeware Metal Gear Solid-like game, looking for 3D modeler(s)/artist(s) I recently began my adventure into 3D programming when I decided to start learning an engine called Irrlicht. It's going very well now, and I have been making solid progress on what began as practice and is becoming a full game. The game wil... 
Posted December 16, 2008 11:25:42 PM
Large-scale ActionScript multiplayer game networking (client and server) I am considering the possibility of, within the next few years, completely remaking my browser-based MMORPG (which has been quite successful so far) into an entirely Flash/ActionScript-based MMORPG. After recently having begun to work with ActionS... 
Posted November 3, 2008 9:36:16 PM
Programmer seeking to form a team for 2D shareware games Hello all, About me: I am an independent game developer with over four years of on-and-off work in C and about three years in PHP, both focusing on game development. Until this time, I have worked largely on my own, but I feel it i... 
Posted October 17, 2008 1:46:25 AM
Building a PC for the first time-List of components assembled-Looking for feedback Hello all, After nearly a year of being desktop-less (old desktop mobo and possibly video card fried), and working solely on a laptop, I have at last decided to build a new machine. Although I have a basic understanding of hardware, this i... 
Posted July 7, 2008 8:23:04 PM
Transferring rights of artwork (when hiring an artist on a per-image basis)? Hello all, I am the owner and creator of a growingly successful browser-based MMORPG. Let me first say that my university has lawyers on-campus which give 15-minute meetings, so I will be asking a lawyer there to review my written agreemen... 
Posted March 30, 2008 6:11:42 PM
Seeds of Time Online - alpha starts Oct. 31 EDIT: Thanks everyone who helped give suggestions for the game's name. It is now Seeds of Time Online, and the website is [url=http://www.seedsoftime.net]SeedsOfTime.net[/url]. The alpha test will begin on Halloween (Oct. 31), 2007. I ho... 
Posted October 10, 2007 8:14:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Say Goodbye, Boring Score Boards! Looks great. Thanks for taking the time to post it. :) 
Posted December 12, 2010 7:51:49 PM
App Game Kit Sounds very useful. I'll definitely be giving it a shot when it comes out, as long as the license pricing is low enough for a small indie game to be profitable. 
Posted December 10, 2010 7:34:56 PM
A multiplayer mode for San Andreas? I'm not sure if you're aware, but there are several multiplayer mods for San Andreas available. One such mod is MultiTheftAuto, which happens to be open-source. Perhaps you should take a look at its source? I'll be honest with you, though.... 
Posted October 26, 2010 12:18:42 AM
Designing 2d platformer environments? From my experience, designing on paper is the way to go. When I created Super Orbulite World, a 2D platformer, my levels that turned out best were usually the ones I drew on paper beforehand. 
Posted July 1, 2010 4:14:18 PM
Wanting To Go Further Hello again. :) Quote:Original post by soitsthateasy Who would let a 14 year old make their website? If you can prove your ability to them, I don't see why not. Quote:Do I know enough / the right languages? PHP+MySQL, HTML, javascript (A... 
Posted February 4, 2010 11:08:57 AM
Free Music Tracks Your music is very good. I'll be sure to keep you bookmarked and quite possibly utilize one/some of your tracks in a project in the future. :) 
Posted February 1, 2010 8:14:19 PM
Battle Jump - Free 3D Platform game - Win/Mac/Linux Awesome game; I enjoy it a lot, despite that I normally don't like puzzle games. :) The level of polish you have here is very impressive: I think the presentation is a large part of what makes the game so enjoyable (the graphics are perfect as is, i... 
Posted December 23, 2009 9:17:35 PM
Dark Age Version 0.4.1006 Released! Quote:Original post by Black Knight Hi, can you try it again after updating dx runtimes from here That worked. :) edit: Sweet game so far. I really like the graphics (of the environments in particular; character models seem a bit bland). The... 
Posted December 20, 2009 4:50:49 AM
Dark Age Version 0.4.1006 Released! Getting this error message upon trying to start the game (after choosing a resolution)... Video card: GeForce 8800 GS (384mb vram) OS: Windows XP 
Posted December 18, 2009 3:20:56 AM
Adopt a Newb Program - new Maintainer Sounds like a worthwhile cause and a lot of fun. I'd be happy to teach any of the following two things: - Programming games with Allegro (a very popular, easy-to-learn/use 2D game development library). Perfect for students who recently learned C... 
Posted December 17, 2009 3:08:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User