Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mattd...  
Full Name 149 150
Nickname mattd 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1652  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/26/2000 7:31:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
www.gamesunplugged.net Somebody recently pointed out www.gamesunplugged.net to me, "coming soon from Gamedev.net". I'm guessing it's not top secret or anything, considering it has a "coming soon" image and all. So what's it all about, eh? :) 
Posted April 27, 2005 10:57:10 PM
You all forgot. SHAMEFUL. Guys.. today's the birthday of both GDNet's favourite village drunk, Mindwipe, and the leading MUD programmer/buttplug enthusiast, Toolmaker! You cannot seriously tell me you forgot. Commence with the celebrations / heavy drinking!  
Posted April 11, 2005 6:52:26 AM
Decapitalization? Just noticed this trying to post some code: The word "style" is forced into lowercase no matter how you type it, regardless of whether it's in a code block or not: style style style style I know this is a reall... 
Posted January 19, 2005 12:28:32 AM
Header files in static C++ libraries I'm building a C++ library for some common classes that I use repeatedly, however I have struck a problem with the way I use header files internally and externally. If I simply allow the client application to include the library's own header files, i... 
Posted November 27, 2004 7:06:23 AM
Floating toolbar/palette windows in Win32 I'm trying to recreate Photoshop, so I can undercut Adobe by selling it for $2 (this may or may not be factual). I do, however, want to have similar floating toolbar windows like Photoshop does. They appear to be WS_OVERLAPPED windows, but when click... 
Posted August 1, 2004 7:25:40 AM
Fuzzy checking of answers in pictionary Hi there. I'm creating a network-based pictionary game, and have reached the point where I need to check whether an answer given by a user (as to what someone is drawing) is correct. For example, if the item being checked against was "Potato Chips... 
Posted July 11, 2004 7:59:36 AM
Direct-to-memory vector graphics libraries Yello I’m looking for a library (C/C++) that can draw simple vector art (lines, polygons, arcs, rectangles etc) to a given bitmap created in memory (8 BPP or 24BPP). This is for a whiteboard collaboration app in progress. I’ve tried... 
Posted May 30, 2004 6:26:26 AM
GameDev.net Re-Debuts! From the News page: In an effort to unite the online game development community, DevGames, Sweet.Oblivion, Game Developer Search, Wotsit’s Format, DemoNews, and Flipcode have come together to recreate GameDev.net. We combined the features of a... 
Posted April 28, 2004 5:12:10 AM
.: The Loungerizer version 0.1 :. Ok, so it was 3am and I was bored. So I decided to whip up this little thingamajig. I'm not known as the FUP (Fairly Useless Program) master for nothing. It's teh Loungerizer! Basically it's a spider that gets a word count for all the posts that... 
Posted July 15, 2003 5:19:43 AM
DLLs and libraries for iso engines yello y’all i’m currently in the process of planning my iso engine, and i’m not sure whether to use static libraries or dynamic DLLs - or something else. it’s going to use classes, obviously, so if i was going to use run-ti... 
Posted May 28, 2002 5:36:40 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Artificial IntelligenceIs It Intelligent? i made a post! 
Posted April 9, 2010 8:07:17 AM
Deactivating mouse control over cursor What platform? If Windows, use Raw Input and get events for each device seperately. See here. 
Posted February 22, 2010 9:06:50 AM
gettext If you can settle for version 0.13.1, GNU has prebuilt Win32 packages at: http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gettext/ The 'woe32' (har, har..) packages. 
Posted February 22, 2010 8:50:16 AM
Avoiding a infinite loop caused by non integer input. Quote:Original post by otreum What mattd kind of makes sense, but i'd like to confirm that I understand it. The way I read that code is it checks to see if the input is not an integer (choice)? Right. It checks to see if a value couldn't be extr... 
Posted February 22, 2010 8:12:46 AM
Debugging Hell??? Clicky 
Posted February 22, 2010 6:34:08 AM
Avoiding a infinite loop caused by non integer input. When the user enters a line of text that cin (or any other istream) can't convert to the required type (int), cin (or the other istream) keeps the line of text in its stream buffer, and sets its fail flag bit. You're meant to check whether the ext... 
Posted February 22, 2010 4:55:42 AM
Program fails with return code 128 Quote:Original post by Zael Quote:Original post by KulSeran Quote: It seems to often die in the middle of the map; Sorry i didn't see that before. You have a recursive function there. If it is dieing in the middle of the map, you probably ran... 
Posted February 22, 2010 2:32:45 AM
Program fails with return code 128 At a guess, you are getting a stack overflow. Linux usually has larger stack sizes than Windows by default. 
Posted February 22, 2010 2:23:56 AM
[C++] What library fill those needs? What language? If C++, check out CML. 
Posted February 22, 2010 12:42:51 AM
wild magic 4 and opengl jpg texture Is that the only linker error you are getting? Are you linking to DevIL as well as your libgraphics.lib in your application? 
Posted February 21, 2010 2:18:19 PM
View All Replies Made By This User