Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ayush3017...  
Full Name  
Nickname ayush3017 
State/Province, Country Rajasthan   India
GD Gathering City Ajmer, Rajasthan, India
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1006  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/25/2010 11:20:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Ragdoll wrong transformation matrix ruins skinned mesh Its a DirectX matrix question so I thought this section is appropriate. Ok, here is the problem I was about to complete my game but then my mind demanded more so I thought of applying ragdolls in my game: 1. My game uses nVIDIA PhysX engine. 2. Im... 
Posted December 11, 2010 8:52:28 AM
My game doesn't work on other PCs Hello, Well my problem is that I cannot get my game to work on other PCs (Visual Studio and DXSDK not installed). I have created setup of my game, checked all the dependencies, installed VC++ 2008 Redistributable SP1 on other PC but still... 
Posted October 23, 2010 2:00:53 PM
Sample Reflective shadow maps Recently I got a good frame rate when placing thousands of lights because of your help. Now I want to extend my game to support a simple indirect illumination using reflective shadow maps. I read the paper and I found something that I don't understan... 
Posted October 8, 2010 1:06:02 AM
Deferred rendering camera close to point light fps drop Hello everyone, In my game I use deferred rendering. I create bounding box for each point light and then use that box by projecting in 2D and then use scissor test to draw the required area affected by the point lights. Here is the test bench: ... 
Posted October 6, 2010 5:35:43 AM
VSM too much aliasing Hello everyone, I studied and applied VSM to my game. My game uses one direcional light.But I am having great aliasing issues with it. It happens when I increase zFar value. It is good only if the value of far plane is upto 50. Even at sha... 
Posted September 8, 2010 10:49:07 AM
Shadow draw order problem hey, I have fully implemented Parallel split shadow map. But if an object A is over object B and the draw order is A then B then A doesn't cast shadow. However if the objects are interchanged and draw order is kept same then shadows appear. So how to... 
Posted September 19, 2010 2:52:55 PM
Shadow projection problem Ok, well I have successfully uh, correction partially done Parallel Split Variance shadow map. I have got the split working with transition between the shadows. However I am having a problem like this: Image You can see that in the above image th... 
Posted September 15, 2010 1:44:41 PM
Confusion With Render Targets Present Situation: Currently I am working on deferred renderer. I applied VSM but as the world is large there was a lot of aliasing. So I switched to Paralel Split Variance Shadow Map. I am having 2 splits so the scene must be rendered 2 times... 
Posted September 9, 2010 6:16:19 AM
Strange problem I am trying to develop VSM. Here is the problem: <Youtube Previously I had a problem of aliasing in my shadows. I solved that problem by cropping the shadow matrices depending upon the view frustum and then this new problem. I developed my co... 
Posted September 10, 2010 8:09:32 AM
Shadow Map Problem Hello, Ok, what my problem is that I have developed deferred rendering engine for my game. Now I want to apply shadows to it. So first I am trying with simple PCF shadows. I thought rather constructing position from depth to apply shadows in the def... 
Posted September 5, 2010 2:33:59 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Ragdoll wrong transformation matrix ruins skinned mesh Hey Camus, thanks for the reply. I'll try it and post the results. 
Posted December 15, 2010 1:13:36 AM
Ragdoll wrong transformation matrix ruins skinned mesh I think I should change my question: How to get transformation from rigid bodies (ragdoll actors) and apply it correctly to skinned mesh?? 
Posted December 12, 2010 1:40:28 PM
My game doesn't work on other PCs Thanks chetan.. It worked like a charm. 
Posted October 23, 2010 2:52:53 PM
Sample Reflective shadow maps Thanks for the reply. I am getting it somewhat clear :) But I do have a question. When I was doing my deferred pass I was rendering my light volume geometry like spheres for point lights, cone for spotlights, etc. But in sampling RSM and calculating... 
Posted October 9, 2010 12:06:53 PM
Sample Reflective shadow maps Thanks for the reply. I know but I was just trying to learn indirect illumination the simple way. And about LPV they go off my head because of SH stuff. I just want to know how can I sample the rsm. LPV is a long way to go. Also my game is built ... 
Posted October 8, 2010 10:08:48 AM
Sample Reflective shadow maps I googled and found that by using vertex texture fetch I can get the position of the texel at which I should place the sphere (point light source). This is OK but now how would I iterate through all the point lights by drawing all the spheres at thei... 
Posted October 8, 2010 7:06:39 AM
Deferred rendering camera close to point light fps drop Hey thanks for the clarification, atleast I learned something new.. :) 
Posted October 8, 2010 2:12:36 AM
Deferred rendering camera close to point light fps drop Thanks for replying. What I did I replaced my code of scissor testing and just draw low poly spheres to a rt and guess what?? It worked like a charm. No more frame rate drops even with 2000 lights. Just a slight drop (60) when I placed all the lights... 
Posted October 7, 2010 10:21:50 AM
Deferred rendering camera close to point light fps drop Thanks for the replies. I'll try it by drawing boxes and spheres. 
Posted October 6, 2010 11:08:26 PM
Deferred rendering camera close to point light fps drop Thanks for the replies. No, I am currently drawing all the lights whether visible to the camera or not. But what if 14-20 lights are all visible? They are still causing a lot of frame rate drop. What should I do iluminate an apartment hallway where... 
Posted October 6, 2010 12:40:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User