Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know GMaker0507...  
Full Name Larry 
Nickname GMaker0507 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City Deltona, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://gdchronicles.spaces.live.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/4/2007 7:48:32 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
1945 Top Down Shooter Demo in JavaScript Some previews of a small game demo i made using javascript. Idea on using javascript to make a game and sorta inspirate comes from a previous image i saw on game dev. http://webgamesproject.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/webgamespr... 
Posted July 10, 2009 1:11:51 AM
Moving Point and Moving Rectangle Intersection Just a simple question can someone hook me up with a thread/web site link or something , showing how to sweep test against a moving point and a moving rectangle, and find where the point intersects the rectangle, if it does at all.  
Posted May 31, 2009 3:12:49 PM
Trouble with static vars,multiple files, and includes Im a beginner in c++, and am making a game currently. But lately, i have been having trouble with i believe the headers and stuff. I have 3 files. In the "main.cpp" file i have" //The headers #include "Game.h" int main( int argc, char*... 
Posted April 9, 2009 8:45:18 PM
Moving a circle between two points I wanted to know how i could tell if a circle could go in between two points without hitting then, and at what angle would this best be done. 
Posted December 5, 2008 11:44:32 AM
Simulating a 2d motorcycle riding a line Lately i have been inspired by alot of these flash motorcycle games out on various web sites. So i decided to try and make one of my own. I thought i understood enough to make a simpler version, just a motorcycle riding a line, however i no... 
Posted May 7, 2008 10:10:58 AM
Sphere-Edge Collision Detection - My Way Uhh, i was having trouble understanding some methods of sphere-edge sweep testing, so i kinda thought of my own way, and would like to hear what everyone else thinks of it,and/or any problems that my stir up doing it this way. I have a sphere,and... 
Posted April 26, 2008 1:24:45 PM
Need help undertsanding Sweep Test Math. Im reading Kasper Fauerby's article on ellipsoid collision detection. I understand most of it, however the only part that gets me is the math behind the vertex and edge sweep test. What i dont get is how he turns ( C(T) - P ) * ( C(T) -... 
Posted April 21, 2008 12:06:19 PM
Remake of Favorite Game. I just wanted to know has anybody else here tried to re-make any old-school favorites of theirs? I am trying to remake sonic 3 in flash right now, its one of my favorite games of all time so as a tribute to my love of the game, and my interes... 
Posted April 17, 2008 11:21:08 AM
Rotated Ellipse Collision Detection Im making a small sample, kinda like line rider except with less functionablilty and an ellipse. The ellipse rides the line really well. However now i want the ellipse to rotate to the slopes so that the top of the ellipse faces in the direction of t... 
Posted April 17, 2008 4:33:23 PM
Ellipsoid Collision Problems ( C# & XNA ) Ive been having some prolems with my collision detection code between my ellipsoid and a triangle. So far,if i want the ellipsoids center to rest onthe triangle it works fine, however when i try and set it up so the ellipsoids bottom rests &#... 
Posted February 21, 2008 3:12:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Asteroid Run Hey, i watched the vid, and it looks okay. When i first looked at it though, i did expect for the player to be able to shoot. It does seem a little consistent with game pace, which is something you might want to change up. But if i could suggest s... 
Posted August 13, 2009 8:56:36 PM
1945 Top Down Shooter Demo in JavaScript Quote:Original post by Imgelling Thats great! I loved being able to play with the settings on the fly! I did play it in firefox and did see the boxes, but I could not tell you why that happens. But, I did also notice something about... 
Posted July 10, 2009 2:20:09 PM
Trouble with static vars,multiple files, and includes Quote:Original post by SiCrane Static member variable declarations inside a class definition are like extern global variable declarations: they only say that the variable exists, but doesn't actually create the variable. On order to actuall... 
Posted April 10, 2009 8:44:35 AM
Trouble with static vars,multiple files, and includes Thanks for the replies everyone. Quote:Original post by Zahlman Quote:Original post by GMaker0507 Now i am getting 2 new errors: 1>Game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static bool * Game::keys2" (?keys2@Game@@1P... 
Posted April 9, 2009 10:41:37 PM
Trouble with static vars,multiple files, and includes Quote:Original post by SiCrane Required reading. Thanks SiCrane, ill read it now. Edit: Now i am getting 2 new errors: 1>Game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static bool * Game::keys2" (?keys2@Game@@1PA_NA... 
Posted April 9, 2009 9:43:57 PM
Moving a circle between two points ive thought about using such a method, or using brute force to handle it, but i would rather not wiggle my way out of this, and would rather do it this way, so i could learn more and have it better ive been aiming at the points inbetween the to co... 
Posted December 6, 2008 5:39:45 PM
Moving a circle between two points well i am, but for the computer ai, i figured i would calculate the best shot possible, then based on the difficulty, offset it 
Posted December 6, 2008 2:23:59 PM
Moving a circle between two points not sure this is the best way to do it, but making a pool game and have 12 vertices that mark the corners that turn into the pockets 
Posted December 6, 2008 11:52:34 AM
Moving a circle between two points okay, how would i find the angle to perfectly fit inside 
Posted December 6, 2008 9:19:49 AM
Moving a circle between two points thanks, now how about if it approaches not head on but at an angle 
Posted December 5, 2008 9:30:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User