Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mushu...  
Full Name L Campbell
Nickname Mushu 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 234222048 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1861  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/7/2003 3:19:09 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
PHP's fpassthru on large files? This is my first time posting in the Web Development forum, kinda scary. Anyway, I'm running a site for a group at school which distributes video clips. The problem is, we're only allowed to distribute these clips to students registered with... 
Posted July 29, 2007 9:10:26 PM
Must-Have USB Peripherals/Toys Well, aside from the manditory keyboard/mouse devices, what kinds of USB peripherals do you guys require/want/etc? I discovered a couple of days ago my laptop isn't BlueTooth-equipped. Which means I can't get into the WiiMote awesomeness (like, us... 
Posted January 5, 2007 4:47:32 PM
Hay I Disproved Ethics (please disprove me) So I'm writing a generic ethics paper, and I seem to have gotten myself stuck. The paper itself is just a general discussion of action-based ethics systems with concrete examples, but, well, lemmie just post the crap. Quote: Thus far we have discu... 
Posted December 10, 2006 2:27:08 PM
Items, Inventories, "Unique" Weapons, and Databases I've been working on a PHP web-based (MO)RPG for about a week now, and I've finally gotten to the point where I have to implement inventories. This is one aspect that I haven't come to a decision yet about how I'm going to implement it, bec... 
Posted December 7, 2006 3:50:55 PM
ADVENT.EXE Okay, so capn_midnight's thread has prompted me to spawn something. Didn't really matter what it was, as long as I tried to make some effort to do it. In any case - one of my favorite threads on the lounge have been when Chemical_Imbalan... 
Posted October 6, 2006 11:38:12 PM
lol @ templates (working title) Okay, so I'm having a problem in my code. I don't really know how to describe it, since I'm not really sure wtf is going on. Essentially, the wrong template parameters are being choosen or something. Arg. I'm going to try to re-read the template... 
Posted September 30, 2006 12:35:29 AM
Journal RSS == bORk B0rk Someone left a note in my journal saying that my journal RSS was bork bork. So I checked it for myself, and its b0rk boRk for me too. So... yeah. Just to let you know; I don't really use the feature myself, but I figured I'd forward the request to... 
Posted September 26, 2006 11:24:38 PM
ARRGH! Problems linking Lua 5.1 Well, okay. I'm trying to integrate Lua just like everyone else, and am getting linker errors for, essentially, every lua_* function. I'm linking to the library produced by the MSVC (7.1) build script included with the source; the following code gene... 
Posted September 18, 2006 3:57:53 PM
[XNA] Drag'n'Drop MMORPG. Okay, so I just watched the component tech demo for the XNA platform, and to be honest, this is the first time I've read anything more detailed than "zomg XNA is cool". I have to say, I was very impressed with the layout. Hell. Its drag'n'drop game p... 
Posted September 1, 2006 7:58:34 PM
Primary Color vs. Diffuse (irrelevant title) Now, I was tinkering around today trying to get my font stuff caught up with Evil Steve (who, funnily enough is using D3D for his rendering). What we both did is load the fonts white onto a pure-alpha texture, so that we could color them on... 
Posted August 18, 2006 9:27:14 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Databases Quote:Original post by Atrix256 You can connect directly to your database from c++ yep. The reason you wouldn't want to is security. You're assuming he's running the C++ code on the client. It's much more likely that he's looking to write s... 
Posted February 9, 2010 3:02:55 PM
[Linux] How can I let users link to my .so without being able to read/copy it? Quote:If I set permitions on the .so to --x (no read, no write, just execute), will that work? No. The dynamic linker needs to have read access to the shared objects -- execute permissions are superfluous. What you're trying to do is silly a... 
Posted December 22, 2009 2:07:36 PM
I have INSIGNIA NS-27LCD.I am having problem turning the tv on.? You signed up to ask that? 
Posted July 1, 2009 11:26:47 AM
South american ladies Nope 
Posted May 20, 2009 6:24:48 PM
a+b+c=n.. how can I work out a,b,c? a = 0 b = 0 c = n EDIT: ffh, one second too slow [sad] 
Posted September 10, 2008 2:30:13 PM
[tactic turned based-MMO]Cipher needs Programmers and modelers (Concept Arts inside) The combat system sounds similar to Mabinogi where the basic skills intertwine into a rock-paper-scissors match and predicting your opponent's next move correctly is more important than high stats. It's really an awesome paradigm (despite sounding so... 
Posted August 29, 2008 11:01:15 PM
Detecting Turbo Controllers It's trivial to attach to the process image at runtime, figure out which branch to cut and disable that whole branch such that your "anti-turbo" code never gets executed. And it's equally trivial to kill any mechanisms to prevent attaching to the pro... 
Posted August 13, 2008 2:13:11 PM
const with a double pointer Quote:Original post by CmpDev Quote:Original post by bpoint CmpDev: Unfortunately the const keyword is required, as the function will be passed pointers to consts (which I guess I didn't clarify). In that case I fail to see the problem, could yo... 
Posted July 17, 2008 9:33:47 AM
Hack to access C++ private members Quote:Original post by visitor Quote:Original post by SjoerdvanderHorst #define private public In addition, the API may not even use the private keyword: You could always throw in a #define class struct ;) Quote:Original post by samoth ... ac... 
Posted July 17, 2008 9:10:51 AM
Ahh my eyes! (game designer code) Quote:Original post by j_smith4 Damn, I still even use FILE * more then istream. I must be the worst programmer ever. I even use that pesky C convention for pointers. I was like that a year ago when I had an epiphany and realized I would be happi... 
Posted July 17, 2008 9:06:43 AM
View All Replies Made By This User