Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nimnimnim...  
Full Name  
Nickname nimnimnim 
State/Province, Country Ostergotlands Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Linkoping, Ostergotlands Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.myspace.com/chiptunim 
ICQ ID msn: nimnimnim@gmail.com 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/6/2006 6:41:50 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SDL crashes on window resize I'm using the surface flags SDL_ANYFORMAT | SDL_RESIZABLE. My resize code looks like this: . . . case SDL_VIDEORESIZE: //User resized window if(m_p_screen) delete m_p_screen; m_p_screen = SDL_SetVideoMode(event.resize.w, event.resize... 
Posted October 9, 2010 11:09:27 AM
compiler optimizes away (class-type) copies? I've written a template container class with several iterator types. at the moment all iterator types declares each other as friends in order to access their 'current' member data as to avoid the creation of copies through dereferentiation in the =... 
Posted February 3, 2010 12:05:55 AM
GCC issue with "typedef typename ..." line (ok with MCC) template<typename _node_data_type> class forward { public: typedef typename forward<_node_data_type> _node_type; }; this code compiles fine by MCC (VC8) but with GCC (mingw of latest Code::Blocks for windows release) it produ... 
Posted February 1, 2010 8:26:08 PM
corruption of member occuring between end of method scope and return to calling scope reproducing minimal console app set up with class header: OLD--http://nim.pansarvagn.net/nim_sequence_080514.zip-- EDIT: see following post for later version 001 #include "nim/sequence.h" 002 003 void main(int argc, char argv[]) 004 { ... 
Posted May 14, 2008 6:11:32 PM
pretty way to throw/assertfail/etc with message.. or have VS spell out thrown text? m$'s implementation of the stl classes makes use of some _Debug_message function (through _DEBUG_ERROR macro declared in xutility) which makes the errors assert-failed or thrown (?) from those classes spelled out at the first prompt. I'd like to kee... 
Posted May 10, 2008 6:54:29 PM
freaky problems with buffer overrun / stack corruption (solved) EDIT: I found it x¨U omgz what a time waster. I had put an #ifdef-statement around the declaration of some stuff in a header of a class that gets built to the lib and at that time it evaluated as true while when header was included by app it wasn't.... 
Posted April 24, 2008 6:29:36 PM
transparent factory product solution (static&auto-subscribing) (renamed topic) EDIT: I renamed topic to better suit the outcome of the thread. I'm so close to wrapping up a super-neat templated factory instantiatable system and there are a few tails I'm chasing which if I catch up with one it'll all work. one way wou... 
Posted January 10, 2008 7:15:45 AM
problem: static lib functions using overloads of other dynamic lib in solution I have a static lib in my solution which' functions at solution build/link-time? use the heap allocation operator overloads of another dynamic lib. It causes a delete[] bug anyways. I guess this wouldn't occur if I compiled all as dynamic libra... 
Posted December 29, 2007 12:18:12 PM
Best C++ way to marry ie. Ogre::Quaternion and opal::Quaternion I'm working on a game using Ogre and OPAL. Now I need a way to take the conversion between each libraries Quaternion (and Vector3 and...) types out of the game code so I'm considering how to device my own Quaternion class that would be compatib... 
Posted November 12, 2006 3:15:12 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SDL crashes on window resize thanks SiCrane, you always deliver! :D and thanks on the hints on bbcode/html, guys! 
Posted October 9, 2010 11:50:08 AM
compiler optimizes away (class-type) copies? thanks lots for the replies, will read up :) 
Posted February 3, 2010 4:30:21 AM
GCC issue with "typedef typename ..." line (ok with MCC) boy, and I thought my using templates for automagic static-initialization-time registering of factory object-deriving classes was an 'ahead of run-time' solution :D compile-time ray tracer for the heck of it x) lol, awesome. 
Posted February 2, 2010 11:43:19 PM
GCC issue with "typedef typename ..." line (ok with MCC) >> and > >. hah, >> is ofcourse the right shift operator xD funny how a lenient compiler (setting) gives you bad habits! thanks for all the help and thanks for the book tip! I love templated automagic stuff so I'll definately get i... 
Posted February 2, 2010 10:44:05 AM
GCC issue with "typedef typename ..." line (ok with MCC) thanks, it seems to have solved it. next error: 81 template<typename _seq_data_type, typename _seq_linked_node_type = nim::bidirectional<_seq_data_type>> 82 class sequence 83 { 84 ... 85 } gives: ..\..\..\libs\templateli... 
Posted February 2, 2010 12:26:22 AM
corruption of member occuring between end of method scope and return to calling scope thanks! yes ofcourse the casts are really nasty :( but they're all valid anyways.. but good thing you pointed it out or I would've left it like that! I've changed all the ugly casts to proper c++: http://nim.pansarvagn.net/nim_sequence_080514_2.zi... 
Posted May 14, 2008 8:10:13 PM
pretty way to throw/assertfail/etc with message.. or have VS spell out thrown text? thanks for the code example :) I was (ambiguously) refering to producing a process halting error with a message that'd be shown in the error prompt that pops up in Visual Studio though but I appreciate this example too :) and I didn't know you could... 
Posted May 12, 2008 6:02:58 PM
Geometry Party najs :) post demo here when it's out then! 
Posted May 6, 2008 4:20:37 PM
freaky problems with buffer overrun / stack corruption (solved) I fixed it by not inline defining the two methods that were acting up. if you have an idea why the inlining would cause this please comment so I'll learn something appart from superstition against inlining inconsequently in class headers in lib pr... 
Posted April 25, 2008 6:28:44 AM
freaky problems with buffer overrun / stack corruption (solved) thanks, yeah it really seems like that. would be my first, glad I asked. will see if that's the case tomorrow. 
Posted April 24, 2008 9:09:40 PM
View All Replies Made By This User