Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Holy Fuzz...  
Full Name  
Nickname Holy Fuzz 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.FlyingFuzz.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID Holy Fuzzball 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1057  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/22/2001 9:45:38 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[SlimDX] SoundBuffer.Write Hey SlimDX users/devs... quick couple questions about SoundBuffer.Write. How exactly does the LockFlags parameter work? ... - When is the buffer unlocked? Immediately after the write? Manually via some method I don't know about? - What exactly d... 
Posted July 9, 2009 11:51:52 AM
JOrbis: Problem using VorbisFile. Hi all, (I'm sure there's a better forum somewhere online in which to post this question, but I'm not sure what it would be. Can anyone point me to a better forum?) I am trying to use JOrbis 0.0.17 in my game to decode Ogg Vorbis music fil... 
Posted July 7, 2009 10:37:47 AM
(SDL) How to play sound at a different speed? I'm in the process of porting my DirectSound audio engine to SDL. In DirectSound, I have the ability to change the frequency at which individual sound buffers are playing, thus allowing me to speed up / slow down (obviously changing pitch) sounds dyn... 
Posted March 22, 2009 7:22:42 PM
Tanky-Tank: multiplayer action game Hi all, I'm looking for people to test and provide feedback on a game that I've been developing with a number of friends in our spare time. It's called Tanky-Tank, and it is a networked-multiplayer top-down shooter. We've been working on... 
Posted April 1, 2007 11:25:23 PM
C# TCP Hey all, I'm trying to write a simple file-sharing program in C#, but I can't get the programs running on the two computers to connect. I use the TcpListener and TcpClient classes. Here's my connection code: dest = new TcpClient();... 
Posted February 24, 2006 1:21:54 PM
Unable to disable screensaver. Hey all... I'm having problems disabling the screensaver in C# code. I'm trying to make a program which disables the screensaver, launches another program, waits for that program to exit, and then re-enables the screensaver. However, the follow... 
Posted December 20, 2005 6:54:51 PM
Realm switching in MMORPGs. (purely hypothetical) Okay, so I got fed up with World of Warcraft and eventually cancelled my account. I got fed up because my character I had worked on for so long was in a PVP realm, and I didn't really care, personally, for PVP. The reason I chose a PVP realm for... 
Posted August 23, 2005 10:42:10 AM
Need free wallpaper for game. Hey all, I'm looking for a place that offers free desktop wallpaper that I can redistribute with my game (for use as a background to my GUI). There are of course tons of sites that offer free wallpapers, but I haven't found any that will definitively... 
Posted August 24, 2005 1:53:20 PM
Visual Studio Setup Project I'm trying to make an installer for my .Net/MDX game using a Visual Studio Setup project. The issue I'm having is - of course - installing .Net, DirectX, D3DX, and MDX alongside my app. I'm currently using the Microsoft Component Installer, which tak... 
Posted August 20, 2005 10:00:52 PM
Post your Firefox extensions! Apparently there was a thread a while back about Firefox extensions, but no one seems to know where it went and a quick google search didn't turn up anything. So here goes! (linkify you're extensions, please) IE View - Open pages in IE via... 
Posted August 12, 2005 10:51:30 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Demo: Normal Tanks Full version available now. Hey, very nice! I played through the first couple levels and it's definitely fun! I especially like the graphics. A couple minor notes: - An option to use relative controls would be nice. (W, S, A, D, for forward, reverse, turn left, turn right.)... 
Posted May 1, 2009 5:30:53 PM
Tanky-Tank: multiplayer action game Yeah, Death Zone is all Lava, so that explains that. Thanks! Doing some sort of lava-related animation is on my very long to-do list. ;-) 
Posted April 2, 2007 10:31:14 PM
Tanky-Tank: multiplayer action game Your health isn't supposed to go down like that, unless your on lava. Perhaps you were playing on the "Lavaland" map? If not then this is some strange bug. Good maps to learn the game on are Grassland and Volcano Island. Thanks f... 
Posted April 2, 2007 9:57:51 AM
C# TCP Actually, I figured it out. I had rewired my LAN the other day for a lan party, and I didn't restore it properly. Thanks anyway. 
Posted February 24, 2006 6:50:31 PM
Unable to disable screensaver. Well, I think I figured my problem out. Apparently a program cannot disable the screensaver if you computer is set to ask for a password when it resumes. 
Posted December 20, 2005 7:28:47 PM
Best free games ever Jardinains! is a brilliant breakout "clone" -- except it's not a clone and is so much better than any other "breakout" game ever. 
Posted December 5, 2005 4:51:48 PM
How does garbage collection impact performance? Quote:Are you trying to be funny? No, just mildly sarcastic. I mean that there are more significant performance improvements made by the GC than those gained from throwing exceptions. If you're throwing an exception you generally don't care abo... 
Posted November 29, 2005 12:27:02 AM
Slow debugging in VS2005 (C#) It's my understanding that, if a property is simple enough, the JIT will inline it and perform optimizations on the inlined code. 
Posted November 29, 2005 12:18:01 AM
How does garbage collection impact performance? Quote:A GC can boost performance a TON when an exception is thrown. The reason is because destruction of objects (normally what happens upon stack-unwinding in C++) can happen at a later time, when you are idle. This is pretty much moot, since thr... 
Posted November 24, 2005 4:53:40 PM
Slow debugging in VS2005 (C#) I tried turning off Edit & Continue, but it had no effect on runtime performance. Memory shouldn't be a problem for me; my PF usage is approximately 600 mb and I have 1.5 gigs of ram. 
Posted November 15, 2005 4:33:16 PM
View All Replies Made By This User