Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Blodyavenger...  
Full Name Primož Vovk
Nickname Blodyavenger 
State/Province, Country Sempas
Contact Info
Homepage URL blodyavenger.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1038  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/10/2008 6:41:08 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
DX9 - dll problems I'm building simple games like tetris and the thing that bothers me is, that people with installed dx9 still needs stuff like d3dx9_42.dll d3dx9_38.dll ... and other versions. I know the solution to this is to add redistributable packge but... 
Posted December 23, 2010 4:59:49 PM
2D smooth movement - lag? Need help Hello everyone! I have problems with smooth movement at my 2D games using DirectX and D3D sprites. The problem is that everything works fine on my (faster) computer, but when I try game on more weak computer it looks like game lags (des... 
Posted November 21, 2010 5:43:08 AM
[C++] Reading random line in big file I have the problem reading random line in big file. My file has around 300000 lines and what I need is random line. The worst way to do it is to get random int of (300000) and count liens until it reaches that random number we got. Of course,... 
Posted September 19, 2010 10:33:49 AM
Destroying objects / lists (proper way?) Programming language: C++ IDE: Visual Studio 2008 I have object in my game saved in a simple linked list (custom one). Now I'm wondering how to delete everything. I have another pointers to objects in objects of that list... Example link... 
Posted September 7, 2010 8:02:14 AM
Need guidelines for mapeditor (DX) I'm developing game using DX9 and C++ and for that game I definatly need map editor that player will be able to use. Until now, I was using fully DX rendered mapeditor with my GUI system implemented but I want to make everything more friendly using w... 
Posted June 27, 2010 5:34:00 PM
compiling error (need help) I have this function to read pixel value from texture but I get compiling error at line const BYTE* pBits = rect.pBits; The error says: error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'void *' to 'const BYTE' D3DCOLOR readPixel(LPDIRECT... 
Posted June 8, 2010 6:50:22 PM
Pixel Art Workshop - Art Shop http://workshop.blodyavenger.com My own (pixel) art shop is finaly launched! I saw that there are many needs for graphics material and pixel artist around game developing communites, so I decided that I'll use my extra time for making and sell... 
Posted July 30, 2009 7:23:04 AM
Few questions 1.) I'm making games for Windows using directX. I'm programming in Visual Studio Express (C++) and as far I as I know, it's totaly free including for selling games. If I want to sell games as an indy developer, do I have to buy liscence at microsoft... 
Posted March 2, 2010 6:51:42 PM
Y-rendering in 2D tile based game I'm wondering how to code efficient "Y rendering" so I draw all objects fromt top to bottom of the screen. The big problem is, that I have to use that system for all world objects (players, NPCs, spells...) and I'm not sure how to efficiently inte... 
Posted January 31, 2010 3:56:30 PM
How to draw RPG Inventory and spell icons I'm pixel artist for quite long time already and I was doing some other art as well but I never figgured out how to make as nice inventory and spell icons as in games like in World of Warcraft. I know everything is made in higher resolution and then... 
Posted January 25, 2010 8:54:27 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DX9 - dll problems Clever thing to do, didn't know these thing works this way. This was realy helpful and I'll do it that way for the time being. Thanks Matias 
Posted December 23, 2010 6:34:02 PM
DX9 - dll problems Thanks for answer! Well, for small games I prefer bigger executable because I realy can't force people to install distributables for playing one small game. Any idea how bigger that executable is then? 
Posted December 23, 2010 6:15:11 PM
Opengl Displaying a OBJ model Now that was weird. I did the same thing as yesterday (thing with "-1") and it's working now. Model is displayed perfectly! 
Posted November 30, 2010 4:16:50 AM
Opengl Displaying a OBJ model Yes, I do have problems. I read trough the post, tried "-1" thing but what I got was even worst structures...well, I guess I did things wrong and I don't know what to lower... Indices starts with 0 already  
Posted November 30, 2010 3:03:49 AM
Opengl Displaying a OBJ model Hello! I'm using the same OBJ loader and I'm having some problems as well glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES); for(int i=0; i < model->nTriangle; i++) { for(int v=0; v < 3; v++) { float x = model->VertexArray[model->TriangleArr... 
Posted November 29, 2010 6:18:04 PM
Help with tile engine What do you mean by reading from .txt file? Reading map from .txt file? 
Posted November 23, 2010 11:03:25 AM
2D smooth movement - lag? Need help Rendering is not in each(ms) do... Only logic executes each milisecond PS: Ok, I understand what you mean, if I limit logic on each MS then I should limit Rendering in the same branch... Ok, I'll try that [Edited by - Blodyavenger on... 
Posted November 21, 2010 5:57:58 AM
[C++] Reading random line in big file Hmm, never tought it could be /r/n instead of /n. I'll have to check that out. 
Posted September 22, 2010 6:48:24 PM
Where do you license music? Quote:Original post by jbadams There are also plenty of places with pre-written tracks available for licencing, which can be a good option if you're just after something simple to go in the background or are in a rush for your music. Envato's Audio... 
Posted September 22, 2010 10:25:06 AM
[C++] Reading random line in big file Ok, I have fixed length of line - each line has exact length of "N", so with the '/n', length is exactly N+1. If seekg() moves file pointer for "argument number bytes" then calling function seekg(N+1) should place pointer to 2nd line, is that cor... 
Posted September 22, 2010 8:04:56 AM
View All Replies Made By This User