Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Gazillion...  
Full Name  
Nickname Gazillion 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://i-am-gazillion.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1255  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/15/2005 2:29:35 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[MySQL] Query to get a table's definition? Hey, I do not have physical access to the machine with my database and I need to figure out the constraints on each columns of a specific table. I was able to pull out all the tables' names from the db but I can't seem to get more information... 
Posted August 24, 2009 1:35:37 PM
Help with SQL query [PHP+MySQL] I'm making a little web app to keep track of software licenses around the office. Basically it assigns license keys to computers and if we run out of licenses a user can't request for one. I'm going to simply the tables a bit but right now I... 
Posted June 16, 2009 9:45:02 AM
Authenticating Through AD Using Java At work we use a MS active directory for authentication. I am in the process of creating a web application which will require user authentication but we would like to use the AD to avoid having to force people to have an additional username/password... 
Posted May 19, 2009 12:03:27 PM
Help me coin a term for an interdimensional corporation Basically I'm working on a game with a friend of mine and the "big bad guy" is this corporation that travels across dimensions to exploit resources from everywhere. It's a little campy but bear with me hehe [smile] Anyways the goal of this co... 
Posted May 5, 2009 1:18:32 PM
[SQL] Creating a cyclic relation Hey, I'm working on a table scheme where a work package consists of multiple tasks. However since the system is bilingual all tasks must be defined separately. I created a recursive relation where the other_language id is a foreign key that r... 
Posted May 6, 2009 3:27:13 PM
[Suggestion] Hover over thread titles. The Penny-Arcade has it and it's a feature I always try to use when I come back here (and I cry a little bit inside when it doesn't work). Basically when you hover over the link to a thread there's a little label(edit: tooltip) that pops up with the... 
Posted April 29, 2009 3:16:27 PM
[RPG] Help with getting started Hey guys. A friend and I have started work on a RPG over the holidays. The game system is inspired by Dragonquest and the Mother series (the latter having a bigger impact on design). Our map editor is fast approaching a useable state... 
Posted January 22, 2009 11:55:26 AM
Who are you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS! Clicky After all the remakes that Hollywood has been crapping out it's about time they do something I've been waiting for a long time! Reitman has to direct this movie or else I'm afraid it might not be as great... Also, Bill Murray has to improvi... 
Posted September 5, 2008 11:00:42 AM
UML Diagram Plugin for Eclipse? I would like to try UML before jumping into my project and I was wondering if there was a good plugin to do so in Eclipse (I'm currently working in Java). Google's top two hits seem promising enough but one of them requires me to sign up and the... 
Posted August 7, 2008 11:06:58 AM
Anyone playing the remake of Final Fantasy 4? I first played FF4 on the SNES when it was known to me as Final Fantasy II. I absolutely loved it back then and I still see it as one of the better games in the series. The game has been ported a few times, though I can't say that they'v... 
Posted August 1, 2008 11:30:19 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Reckless Squad Awesome! This looks fantastic. :) 
Posted September 22, 2010 11:09:02 AM
Whats on your desk at work? Quote:Original post by Zipster Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ This is on my desk at work. Holy crap I have that same desk at home! It's like they manufactured more than one! They made more than two 'cause I have an identical des... 
Posted June 11, 2010 6:11:53 PM
GunGirl 2 released! I vaguely remember Gun Girl 1 last night and thought I'd download it and play it. But then I remembered that you were working on Gun Girl 2 so I thought "hell I'll DL that instead, it must be out now!" Loe and behold, the release day was today,... 
Posted June 7, 2010 5:16:51 PM
Final Fantasy XIII Gameplay Discussion I have to admit I'm pretty bored with it. I'm about 6 hours in and so far the game has had me walking in a straight line. I don't think I ever made a decision on anything. Sure I made a few custom paradigms but it just feels like everything has... 
Posted March 11, 2010 8:15:47 PM
Mass Effect 2 - Your thoughts Quote:Original post by Antheus (...)This is why I feel that there are simply too many squad members in ME2. It's just a bunch of faces, and forced loyalty missions means you're obliged to split time evenly among all of them. And in ME1 it was also a... 
Posted March 7, 2010 1:01:53 PM
Do MP3s degrade over time? Make sure to keep your mp3s in a dry environment and out of direct sunlight. 
Posted March 1, 2010 10:50:07 PM
Your favourite game? Mass Effect hands down. I can play that game over and over again. 
Posted December 17, 2009 6:26:29 PM
Google Wave & Invites [QUESTION] Ooooh I don't know if it's cool but I'd love to get one too ^_^ (are invites abundant or are they hard to come by, assuming the latter I'd love one... if the former than I don't really need one :)) 
Posted November 21, 2009 7:16:32 PM
Live forever If I could live forever(immune to old age and disease) I think I'd be too afraid of dying to do anything. I think my mortality is what fuels me to do cool things. 
Posted October 6, 2009 8:27:57 AM
Should Xbox Live's Indie game submissions be *not* free? Quote:Original post by Machaira Because they have to pay the coders some how. They give you all the tools for free. Good grief, you're going to whine about a hundred bucks when you're getting tools that let you build games for the 360, PC, and Zune... 
Posted September 30, 2009 10:13:35 AM
View All Replies Made By This User