Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know WiLD2...  
Full Name Kyle Newton
Nickname WiLD2 
State/Province, Country British Columbia   Canada
GD Gathering City Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.wild2.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID 71087343 
AIM ID KyleWiLD2Newton 
Yahoo IM ID w2kyle 
Current Occupation
Job Title Computer Science Student 
Job Description Research Assistant 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1046  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/29/2004 1:29:01 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Let's calculate the angle of a right triangle Alrighty, here's my problem. I have an agent on a 2-dimensional space. This agent has a current location (myX and myY) and he has a destination (destination[0] and destination[1] for X and Y respectively). I'm trying to calculate the angle be... 
Posted August 15, 2006 2:30:18 PM
Linking tiles vs. use of an array Heyall. Imagine a house with four rooms. There's a north-western room, north-eastern room, south-western room and a south-eastern room. It's a 2x2 matrix of rooms (or for the purposes of this forum, of tiles). The NW room is connected to the NE... 
Posted October 24, 2005 10:29:07 AM
want to avoid goto, how can I? I just can't see how to do this. I should be able to complete this function without using a goto, shouldn't I? I can't see how it can be done, though. And the last three hours of my life have been dedicated to staring dumbly at this snippet for the s... 
Posted September 25, 2005 4:56:02 PM
fixed 2d array, dynamic third dimension I'm working on some research for a professor and am trying to solve a problem (more a limitation) that we've come across. I've got a world that exists as a 2 dimensional array. I've populated it with 8000 moth objects that "fly" about for a f... 
Posted January 11, 2005 7:45:34 PM
Data Structure (Array) - Java or otherwise Hi all, I'm looking to implement an ArrayList in my game. I'm trying to figure out how's the best way to get this thing going. It's currently written out on paper, I haven't started programming it yet. Here's my current class listing: Play... 
Posted November 27, 2004 4:48:11 PM
J2ME - What to look for I'm looking into buying a cell-phone this September (so I've still got a while to research and look around). What I want is a phone that I can upload my programs to directly from my PC to my phone through a USB or Seriel cable. I want to bypass up... 
Posted June 21, 2004 12:26:09 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Let's calculate the angle of a right triangle Thanks for the replies, funk* I managed to find my problem yesterday, it required me to recognize when my destination point was less than that of my current point along the X axis. Here's what has seemed to have fixed it: double sinDiff = Ma... 
Posted August 16, 2006 11:29:15 AM
Let's calculate the angle of a right triangle What I've done is calculate the angle between two points. Within computer science (at least within java and c), the quadrants of a 2 dimensional space are flipped. The angles are counter-intuitive in that when starting from 0 degrees where the 1st an... 
Posted August 15, 2006 4:50:10 PM
Please Help Me Learn About Game Design To answer your question, most anyone here can help you, yes. 
Posted August 2, 2006 3:25:39 PM
3D Java Hiya. I'm not trying to nitpick, but I think you may be misunderstanding what is happening in the Pokemon games, and the classic Zelda games. You won't be needing a fullblown 3D engine, as they are simply using layers. Of course, should you want t... 
Posted May 18, 2006 6:43:41 PM
Using Remote Desktop to develop games? I definitely recommend setting up a home network for use with remote access. If the laptop or desktop I am on is lacking in processing power, it is always nice to be able to access a faster computer and compile/test on that one. But... 
Posted May 17, 2006 12:09:42 PM
Developers Computer Quote:Original post by Sagar_Indurkhya Well I have a laptop right now. T43 Thinkpad, with 1Gb memory, 1.6 Ghz Pentium M processor (although it operates more around 1.2 Ghz), 80 Gb Harddrive (6 Gb left). The science fair project I did(which was actua... 
Posted May 17, 2006 11:43:53 AM
My Kubuntu Flight 6 experience report... I've been using Ubuntu/Kubuntu the last couple years. Fair enough, KDE + Ubuntu does seem to put focus on the visual effects. I've had good experience running the XFCE windowing system, but at the same time why not just install Ubuntu and go str... 
Posted April 23, 2006 2:36:54 PM
Nintendo in the News I just want to say for the record that I think this Nintendo Revolution this is going to be something else. Well, yeah, I guess that's like saying my cats breath smells like cat food or that people who mumble are hard to understand. I really do hope... 
Posted February 25, 2006 4:12:28 AM
want to avoid goto, how can I? Thanks again for the help, the later replies make for good discussion/reading as well. The snippet is from this site over here for those interested. I'm actually a java programmer myself and am in the process of learning C. In doing so, I thought I'd... 
Posted September 26, 2005 12:24:57 AM
want to avoid goto, how can I? doynax is correct. A goto is the simplest way to go about it. However, another programming language, such as java, doesn't have an easy way to do a goto statement. Those were quicker replies than I'd anticipated and my editing seems to have result... 
Posted September 25, 2005 5:08:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User