Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know jumpjumpjump...  
Full Name Cody Mays
Nickname jumpjumpjump 
State/Province, Country KY   United States
GD Gathering City Walton, KY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http:\\www.crxgames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID electrofuzzel 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Owner 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1152  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/3/2003 9:25:15 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
What's the geekiest thing you've done in a while? This one is going to be hard to top. :X I was taking a Java course with my neighbor (He didn't want to take it alone, so I took it with him) and at the end of the class, we had to do a project. We chose to make a simple tilemap based unit bat... 
Posted July 26, 2006 12:30:44 AM
Macbook Pro oppinions Over the last few weeks, I have been thinking of purchasing a Macbook Pro of some sort for my first Mac. They are lighter, faster, and nicer than my current laptop, plus OSX has a good BSD base. The reason I'm thinking of the move to OSX is becaus... 
Posted May 13, 2006 10:37:07 PM
The Wildcard IRC Network finally up After many hours of toiling, we now have the network linked up and running stable. We run four servers and a fifth test server that isn't in the round robin. Please visit our site, www.TheWildcard.org. If you want to skip the hoo-haw, irc://irc.t... 
Posted April 4, 2006 10:38:40 PM
100% Text mode computer For my next computer project, I am going to see how many text-mode applications I can install onto a FreeBSD computer, to basically eliminate the need for a graphical GUI. The only window manager I may use is called Twin. It is entirely tex... 
Posted December 2, 2005 10:11:05 PM
fork() on windows I know fork() isn't available on windows, but does anyone know a library/wrapper that allows me to do this? I'm currently working on a simple httpd that, as of right now, runs on linux, bsd, skyos, and probably BeOS/Zeta. My goal is to... 
Posted November 25, 2005 8:42:23 PM
Screenshot of current project and how many lines of code is it? After working on my OS all day long today(12+ hours) it finally has full memory management. From the physical level to the virtual level, it's all there. I just finished malloc, realloc, free, etc about 5 minutes ago. The kernel itself has grown... 
Posted September 5, 2005 12:09:47 AM
Unix programming book? I just made the switch to linux(ubuntu) as my main OS. I would like to learn more about programming for unix so I can increase my development speed/ability by using the tools provided in a POSIX enviroment correctly. Specifically configure scripts, m... 
Posted August 31, 2005 6:33:08 AM
Simple C regex lib? I'm looking for a very simple, may I say minimalistic, regex library for C, as I am looking for one to port to my OS at the moment. If any body knows of one, that would be great. Also, are there any easy to use C regex libs out there?(di... 
Posted August 9, 2005 5:34:43 PM
Mouse issues on ubuntu Hoary. I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu 5.0.4 and on first boot, my mouse doesn't work. During login at gdm, all is fine. The mouse will move around, but then back to a spot near where the mouse moved from. This pretty much makes it impossible t... 
Posted July 30, 2005 2:04:11 AM
The Hungry Cyclist After seeing today's RocketBoom video blog. I became aware of this Englishman that is riding his bike from NYC to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in search of the perfect meal and for raising money for a cancer charity in London. His site is: http://www.thehu... 
Posted July 27, 2005 1:26:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Official 'Post Your Site' Thread May I present, ThreadBound. 
Posted September 12, 2006 10:01:35 PM
Recommend a Web Chat Server? http://www.campfirenow.com/ 
Posted September 11, 2006 3:51:38 PM
Running a process (job) in background. Try "nohup command &" 
Posted September 10, 2006 10:27:51 PM
Macbook Pro oppinions Thanks for the reply. May I ask what the specs on your system are? I was looking at the model with 2gb of ram and the 2.16ghz processor, since this is the laptop I will only be able to get for the next few years. 
Posted May 13, 2006 11:45:54 PM
Macbook Pro oppinions So you aren't having these heat and whine issues then? I can deal with a warm laptop, just not one that burns me. 
Posted May 13, 2006 11:40:29 PM
Linux or vista? Quote:Original post by Talroth I would love to see major studios start to produce games that are crossplatform. I understand that testing for all the different builds of linux out there would be a pain, but even if they just picked a fairly basic sy... 
Posted May 13, 2006 11:03:55 PM
Linux or vista? You would also be surprised at what is running in wine these days. When I used to run WoW in linux, I used to get 10-14FPS higher than running it natively in windows. So, go with what you want. I still think you should do as the guy above me says and... 
Posted May 13, 2006 10:45:25 PM
Desktop Screenshots! =) Ubuntu Breezy running 2.6.15-ck1 and gnome. Yes, that's a PHP6 cvs checkout you are looking at. I'm developing my new Web 2.0 site with it. RAWR Click for full size. 
Posted April 9, 2006 3:33:35 PM
Nerdy desk contest My desk: Laptop- athlon64 3200+ - Ubuntu: My main gaming/win32/freebsd box.Even a unix person needs win32 for photoshop :( Case'o bawls is required... Books: My custom build 16U 19" Server rack. ^_^ From top the bottom, KVM, Custo... 
Posted April 4, 2006 8:56:29 PM
Beautiful Pictures Not sure if anyone else here does bonsai, but you should. It's quite a challenge and it's rewarding. Just a very, very slow process. And here is what inspires bonsain: P.S. Join #main on my irc network ;) 
Posted April 4, 2006 7:51:00 PM
View All Replies Made By This User