Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Lesan...  
Full Name Petr Hudecek
Nickname Lesan 
State/Province, Country Jihocesky Kraj   Czech Republic
GD Gathering City Tabor, Jihocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1173  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/2/2006 11:12:17 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Programmer offering to work in a team Name: Petr Hudecek Website: http://sacculus.weebly.com/contact.html (scroll down for the Previous Work part) What do I offer: I am a programmer who managed to finish several games, and the last one was not really small (a turn-based strate... 
Posted August 14, 2010 12:01:33 PM
Sacculus: The Wargame released After one year of programming, I finally finished Sacculus: The Wargame, a turn-based strategy game that imitates Battle for Wesnoth, Spellcross and other wargames of the type. The player's objective is simple, to move and attack with his soldie... 
Posted August 13, 2010 10:22:27 AM
Completed project looking for artist and composer My name: Petr Hudecek Project name: Sacculus: The Wargame Brief description: Sacculus: The Wargame is a turn-based strategy game where player battles against the artificial intelligence enemy. In every level, the player must explore to reveal th... 
Posted July 11, 2010 1:07:09 PM
lock and multithreading Hello, I'm creating a turn-based strategy game in C# and XNA. I want to add multithreading so that on opponent's turn, the player may move the map and interact with the game normally while the AI computes its movement. The AI thread (the sec... 
Posted June 24, 2010 11:52:29 AM
[UFEC] Results The contest has been concluded. I am pleased to announce that many judges have been able to submit sizeable feedback on all of the games submitted. While at the start of the judging period, when only two games were submitted, I thought t... 
Posted April 28, 2010 1:29:30 PM
UFEC Official Information Post UFEC Unofficial Four Elements Contest UFEC is a community-organized sequel to the Gamedev's popular Four Elements contest. UFEC is not organized by GDNet staff. This post will be a summary of all important information about the contest. Co... 
Posted October 17, 2009 2:54:40 PM
Report Progress Hi everyone, the contest end date is March 17th which is approximately one month from now. Everyone who is participating in the contest, please post here so that we can have an idea of how many contestants there are. Also, it is probable th... 
Posted February 15, 2010 5:37:35 AM
UFEC Programming Competition Judging period begins UFEC Programming Competition Judging period beginsPosted by: Petr Hudecek at April 1, 2010 1:08:33 PMBack in October 2009, we started a community programming competition named UFEC - Unofficial Four Elements Contest. It was supposed to continue the t... 
Posted April 1, 2010 7:08:33 AM
UFEC Programming Competition Judging period begins Back in October 2009, we started a community programming competition named UFEC - Unofficial Four Elements Contest. It was supposed to continue the tradition of Gamedev.net's Four Elements by offering four elements to the contestants that would be th... 
Posted April 1, 2010 7:04:52 AM
UFEC (Unofficial Four Elements Contest) The Four Elements game programming contest organised by Gamedev.net was very popular on these forums a few years ago. I liked it, too. And so, since the contest is no longer held (superpig has a lot of other work to do), I decided to create a re... 
Posted November 1, 2009 2:46:17 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What's the word for (didn't want to highjack) In Czech, we call this "prostorova predstavivost," or "space imagination/vision." But then, the English conventions are different. 
Posted August 4, 2010 12:49:16 PM
Change in status, I guess you'd call it? In my game, damage is determined when it is dealt, that means after a successful attack. It works like this: 1. Start with the base damage number of the attacker. 2. Multiply it by a number from 0.5 to 1.5 at random. 3. Multiply it by 1 + Log10(... 
Posted August 2, 2010 4:17:06 AM
My new game I saved the galaxy!!! Well, on Easy difficulty and small map, but saved the galaxy nevertheless. I understood the game, objectives and concepts. I had some trouble in finding out how many hitpoints are left in my ship and how to build new... 
Posted July 11, 2010 3:29:53 AM
programming language idea The language JavaFX (http://javafx.com/docs/howto/Binding-Tutorial.jsp) does this. They call it binding. Microsoft .NET also has some interface that supports this, though it is more complicated. In JavaFX, you write: var x = 5; var y = bind... 
Posted July 2, 2010 7:23:00 AM
lock and multithreading Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to know. 
Posted June 24, 2010 3:37:48 PM
[UFEC] Results Chameleon Startup Manager by Neosoft Tools has been awarded and the keys have just been given to the top three finishers. Congratulations. 
Posted May 20, 2010 3:25:13 PM
[UFEC] Results The reason? ... ehm... I downloaded the entry only several hours before I made visible the judging... but I guess I shouldn`t have told this publicly ... :D Anyway, if you can tell me how to repair it, I`d be happy to give you feedback post-c... 
Posted May 1, 2010 11:37:09 AM
UFEC Official Information Post Results will be online in just a few minutes. 
Posted April 28, 2010 12:06:42 PM
Report Progress Well, it used to be April 20th, but with this error, let`s move it to April 27. EDIT: But we will not prolong the period indefinitely. That`s exactly the thing that destroyed the original Four Elements. 
Posted April 14, 2010 12:17:24 PM
Report Progress The problem corrected. Judging should now work as normal. The problem was in the SQL query that selects judging information from database. The query was: SELECT * FROM judging WHERE game = {ID} while it should be SELECT * FROM judging WHERE game... 
Posted April 13, 2010 1:13:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User