Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Whatz...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Whatz 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1006  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/7/2002 2:02:25 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net//journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Lines of code in a lifetime Ok - I'm an older dude and have been coding for a living and as a hobby for nearly 40 years now. I was playing around with a source code profiler and was amazed to discover that my current project is already up to 60K lines of code. Code that I... 
Posted July 17, 2010 11:16:40 PM
typed one-liners what's the lightest datatype? Float what's the scariest? Boolean i've been working way too hard tonight haha 
Posted March 31, 2010 2:08:01 AM
[UFEC] Aqualunker Aqualunker (water +spelunker) A 2D scroller, shooter, platformer, adventure game for Windows PC. The player must fight and think their way through a vast underwater/underground cave system, completing a few quests along the way. The world runs... 
Posted December 17, 2009 7:04:06 PM
Heading, Velocity, Orientation Hello - I may not be using the right terms here, but I'll try my best to explain what I'm working on. Imagine a spaceship cruising along in 3D space. It has a Heading and a Velocity. The main engines are basically turned off, but the shi... 
Posted October 25, 2005 12:42:12 AM
Disable anonymous posting 99% of AP’s are flamers and trolls... Their posts rarely contribute anything to a discussion, and in fact, waste disk space and bandwidth. How bout enabling email registration and disabling anonymous posting? 
Posted October 30, 2002 7:03:52 PM
how do i post code? How do I post code samples on this forum so that it appears in the nice scrollbox, or is properly formatted, or even better, both? I have tried using but it doesnt do a thing. TiA!  
Posted October 23, 2002 2:07:30 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
2D Alignment Issues With Screen Resizing Depending upon how you are rendering, you normally need to inform your graphics library that the screen has been resized so that it can make the necessary adjustments behind-the-scenes to compensate. Your images can be made to stay the same size in... 
Posted August 8, 2010 9:06:21 PM
Component Based Entity System Design - Phase 2: post 30 Quote:Original post by s.kwee Akjosch IMHO you took it too far away. Components are small things that do specific things (like AnimationComponent is simply animates the mesh, MeshComponent simply stores the mesh data).. I've created all kinds of... 
Posted August 8, 2010 2:07:17 AM
Should I use XML If you want to stay with XML, you could add a specific field type attribute to your XML to make things more clear, something like: id="hp" ftype="float" value="75.0f"/ Or depending upon your experience, you could also look into integrating a sc... 
Posted July 31, 2010 5:07:29 PM
Where/How to learn Modern Opengl? Quote:Original post by bruteostrich The NEHE tutorials are thorough, but older and have some deprecated code. This new blog has shown up that I found on reddit that is obviously less complete, but is using the more modern features of the langu... 
Posted July 28, 2010 7:12:15 AM
New Game Engine Discussion I think the material concept is still too fine - too granular. In my opinion, the correct design granularity for a given game is subject to and dependant upon that game's content. As an example... If I wanted to design a space-adventure game... 
Posted July 26, 2010 6:24:29 PM
Lines of code in a lifetime x-y = 3 Ironically, this means the less work you do the more productive you are =) But confusingly, if I write zero lines of code in a day, are all 3 productive??? 
Posted July 19, 2010 1:54:44 AM
How would the optimal pointer syntax look like? I couldn't do some of what I do without pointer arithmetic. Well, I could, but it would include an extra dereference which would negate the reason for using pointers in the first place. I maintain several large blocks of memory for entity data,... 
Posted July 17, 2010 10:44:24 PM
Editing and saving a file opened with ShellExecute ShellExecuteEx gives more information about the spawned process, including handle and all. Try sending a WM_CLOSE message to the notepad. something like: sendMessage(findWindow(nil, 'notepad'), WM_CLOSE, 0, 0); 
Posted July 16, 2010 5:20:51 PM
Learning to play guitar? nylon on acoustic is great for beginners, but it seems to lower motivation for people that wanna be a rock star or whatever. =) I self-taught acoustic, helped by some formal music education for percussion back in college. Focusing on... 
Posted July 16, 2010 3:27:53 AM
Correct Approach for a 2.5D game engine? This is one way of doing it. I use OpenGL, so my examples lean that way. The first thing to consider is Depth. If you are operating in a true 2D world where you have no ability to change that 3rd dimension, then skip this part. Otherwise,... 
Posted July 16, 2010 2:31:46 AM
View All Replies Made By This User