Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know thefollower...  
Full Name  
Nickname thefollower 
State/Province, Country Cardiff   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Cardiff, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1007  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/16/2008 8:01:39 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Looking for a javascript/AJAX tutor Hey, Im looking for some one who is pretty confident at JS/AJAX helper who can aide me in designing a simple engine with me. MY idea is a map which then has a character that walks around the map and theres objects that you cannot walk thro... 
Posted December 17, 2010 12:34:00 AM
C++ the next step Hey I have recently finished the basics of C++ of the main syntax of all the commonly used functions etc in C++. The stuff i learnt is basically everything here: http://xoax.net/comp/cpp/console/index.php Although all the tutorials have bas... 
Posted August 27, 2010 7:36:46 PM
Reference & Pointer issue C++ Hey, I have a script where i simply set a variable to a number then run two functions that display the reference of that variable.. and then the pointer. How ever the pointer fails but the reference works so im not sure if i have my syntax corr... 
Posted August 25, 2010 8:46:07 PM
Double Number wont multiply [Solved] Hey Have been learning some basic maths with C++ yet when i have a double number and multiply it - it simply won't multiply it just stays at its set value. But i didn't set it as a constant so im confused why it won't work... this is my current... 
Posted August 24, 2010 4:57:49 PM
C++ function error [Solved] Hey I been using functions in my learnings so the error is some what confusing me. I get: error C2660: 'test' : function does not take 0 arguments error C2562: 'test' : 'void' function returning a value I got my script from copying a tuto... 
Posted August 24, 2010 7:20:57 PM
Public & Private C++ My friend recently was trying to explain my confusing on the different between something public and protected also known as private in C++. I think they are properly known as a Class and a Struc... Anyway he explained for a while but i stil... 
Posted August 21, 2010 6:41:49 PM
Visual Studio only? To learn and practice C++ is virtual studio the only application to learn with or is there any free programs that do the same job as i cannot afford VS 2010 ... Hope you can help. 
Posted August 20, 2010 6:48:18 PM
Theme Park Builder 3D project This project has now been closed down. [Edited by - thefollower on August 27, 2010 3:19:01 PM] 
Posted August 10, 2010 12:50:35 AM
Theme Park Builder 3D A number of rides for the project "Theme Park Builder 3D" open source. A number of volunteers have been helping to make this game a reality to out do any company 3D theme park game (there are only 2) and this one is aiming for pure real... 
Posted August 15, 2010 5:33:25 PM
AJAX Chat help Hey, I've been trying to make a ajax chat and got it setup but it wont POST the message when a user sends the message. Its very frustrating cos it sends the UserID but not the message. I create the form where the user puts their message here:... 
Posted June 9, 2010 6:11:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Looking for a javascript/AJAX tutor Ive got most of the engine done so i do know JS but there are some areas which is way advanced. Half of it is more about how i logically do it... like which way would be most efficient etc. I'm aiming to release my enginge for January for my users... 
Posted December 30, 2010 12:38:09 PM
Reference & Pointer issue C++ Oh yeah okay i removed the asterisk and it did what i was hopeing for. Guess i misunderstood my tutorial ! So is this currently getting the memory address of the reference or the original variable? Also in my first mistake where i displayed the... 
Posted August 25, 2010 9:24:07 PM
Reference & Pointer issue C++ Hmm tried that - it gave the same answer as the reference =/ My full script + result. 
Posted August 25, 2010 8:51:54 PM
C++ function error [Solved] From what i have learnt so far the way to do that is to use a reference? 
Posted August 24, 2010 8:50:13 PM
C++ function error [Solved] Oh i see its working now - man that was much more complex than i was expect. Is declaring function as INT or void a neceessity or can it dynamically just follow based on the code (i came from learn PHP where by you didn't need to set the func... 
Posted August 24, 2010 7:46:47 PM
C++ function error [Solved] I replaced it to this #include <iostream> void test(int, int); int main(){ std::cout << test(5, 8) << std::endl; } void test(int iValue1,int iValue2){ return iValue1 + iValue2; } EDIT: do the function va... 
Posted August 24, 2010 7:38:40 PM
Double Number wont multiply [Solved] Okay ill have a bit more fiddling with it see what works and doesn't work. Thanks 
Posted August 24, 2010 5:12:37 PM
Double Number wont multiply [Solved] Oh i see - so how come with basic addition that does not apply such as : int iNumber = 3; iNumber + 5; std::cout << iNumber << std::endl; That works for me and shows 8. 
Posted August 24, 2010 5:04:42 PM
Visual Studio only? Okay i got visual studio 2010 express for my windows 7 now :D Thanks The learning begins. 
Posted August 20, 2010 9:31:53 PM
[UPDATE]Need Developers For Project!!! Torn and Mafia wars don't use visual basic im confused by the comparison... They use PHP/MYSQL maybe JS when needed and Torn uses ajax for their current chat. Can you explain why you want VB if you want to make a browser based game comparison? ... 
Posted August 20, 2010 3:16:38 PM
View All Replies Made By This User