Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Amyrildora...  
Full Name Garrett Fortner
Nickname Amyrildora 
State/Province, Country MO   United States
GD Gathering City Rayville, MO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/3/2009 4:54:44 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
A good portfolio? Hello all, Lately I've been putting together my portfolio website, which is broken into 5 different categories. They are Game Design, Programming, Web Design, Modeling, and Animation. Before I start extensively planning out my portfolio projects... 
Posted January 5, 2011 3:44:41 PM
Is this a likely scenario Hello, Ive been working towards one day becoming a game designer and I was wondering if this would be a good idea to maybe get a job. Last night Me and My friend were brainstorming and I thought of the Unreal Development kit. I've been messing a... 
Posted March 8, 2010 1:59:07 PM
Competitions I was wondering if any of you guys knew a good site, or somewhere, where they have game design, modeling, etc. competitions. I had heard of Epic Games "make something unreal" competition but I was a little to late for that. So I was just wondering if... 
Posted March 9, 2010 10:07:32 AM
Is it possible to do it all? Hello everybody, over the past year and a half Ive been working towards making my first game, im taking lessons on modeling, texturing, animating, programming, etc. *Basically everything BESIDES concept art* Later this year im starting in o... 
Posted February 21, 2010 5:07:31 PM
Where do I start? Hello everybody! Ive been looking into getting into the game design field for quite some time, Im taking a training course on blender, learning C++ and practicing my design techniques and etc. But it feels like im only scratching the surfac... 
Posted December 15, 2009 6:31:03 PM
The different rolls in making a game Hey all i did not know where to post this so i guess Ill just post it here. Anyways Ive been looking forward to starting my first game for a little under a year now * December 25th, 2008 when I got Gears of war was when I wanted to start lol *. An... 
Posted December 13, 2009 8:16:25 PM
Where do you start when creating a GDD for a more expansive game? Hey all ive recently been working on a GDD for a rpg I plan to start creating sometime next year, but Im having a block of sorts and I was wondering if you guys could help me ... When you start a GDD of a more expansive game where do you start?... 
Posted December 3, 2009 5:26:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A good portfolio? Ohh okay thanks Tom!! Thanks to all who have answered, you've been very helpful! Tom especially! I'll be looking into each different role and probably choosing one to hone my skills in later this month. Thanks all! 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:43:38 PM
A good portfolio? Alright Thanks again Tom! I'm going to continue to debate it because I really don't know which one to choose, Also would it not be possible to create a company which both develops and publishes video games? 
Posted January 6, 2011 6:28:49 PM
A good portfolio? Alright so one day I aspire to own my own game design company, What are some roles I could pick to help me get there? or does it matter in the long run? 
Posted January 6, 2011 7:18:39 AM
A good portfolio? Alright I'll take into consideration which path is right for me. Thanks for your help guys, I will probably post later on when I have studied, reviewed, and chosen my path. Thanks for your suggestions and links. Tom I really love your website! I... 
Posted January 5, 2011 6:07:31 PM
Hi there! What's your story? Garrett, Age 15. Misery (A.K.A Missouri), USA. I've been playing games since I was around 3 and about 2 years ago I started wondering how they were made. So I started trying to make a game my self and boy, oh boy that was a bigger task than what I re... 
Posted March 11, 2010 7:15:14 PM
Competitions Okay, once again Tom, Sorry and I will be sure to post in the right place from now on. @Imelior, Thanks for letting me know of some, I actually hadnt heard of Activision's upcoming one so thanks for that. And Yeah I sure do wish Ep... 
Posted March 11, 2010 7:03:00 PM
Competitions Okay cool thanks Tom! I'm guessing there arent many other competitions that happen alot? 
Posted March 11, 2010 6:26:48 PM
Competitions Yeah I did, Sorry about that Tom. I'll be sure not to let it happen again! :) 
Posted March 10, 2010 12:55:50 AM
Is this a likely scenario Thanks to all who responded, sorry for not posting my thanks earlier!! I will definiately take into consideration all that you have said. @ way2lazy2care, Okay thanks Ill be sure to start studying networking, its been something I've been thinking... 
Posted March 10, 2010 12:51:32 AM
View All Replies Made By This User