Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Eleventy...  
Full Name Joshua Pilkington
Nickname Eleventy 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Charlotte, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.joshuapilkington.com 
ICQ ID 270763313 
AIM ID Eleventy03 
Yahoo IM ID eleventy09 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description Student 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1120  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/3/2003 9:47:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Multiverse Theory I was unable to find any other topics in this forum regarding this. Given that you can travel into the future by traveling close to the speed of light (we live in a Relativistic Universe - and this has been scientifically proven time and time agai... 
Posted June 3, 2010 9:49:53 PM
Thread Pooling Problem Hello, I am developing an application (in C++), and I have reached the point where I need to implement thread pooling in order to limit the number of threads executing at any particular moment. Currently, I have a global class that gets created a... 
Posted March 29, 2010 10:22:12 PM
File Encryption for Windows Vista Home Premium I was disappointed when I found out Windows Vista Home Premium (which came on my new laptop) does not support EFS NTFS File Encryption. Unfortunately for me, I do work for my company on my laptop so I need a file encryption solution. I... 
Posted January 17, 2008 11:40:29 PM
Website Redesign - Opinions and Testing Needed! Hey, I finally got finished with redesigning the graphics of my website. (Link here). What do you think of the design? I was able to get this website working perfectly under Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera, but I also would like it if someo... 
Posted June 1, 2006 4:09:31 PM
Weird Windows Problem Lately, if I leave my computer on for more than a day, my computer will start slowing down considerably. I will also get weird errors, such as if I update Steam, it'll give me a weird error during a Steam update such as "Steam.exe was deleted b... 
Posted March 5, 2006 4:35:58 PM
Site layout problem on Pocket PC screens When visiting this website's new design on a Pocket PC device, the layout is all screwed up, making it hard to browse anything on it. It worked fine with the old layout. Here are examples: Pocket IE: NetFront: A you can see... 
Posted December 30, 2005 9:11:16 PM
Please critique my resume I am trying to get part-time work on rentacoder.com to help cover my bills. I tried bidding in the past with no luck at all, so I revised my resume: Link to resume What do you all think of it? Is there anything I need to add or remove fr... 
Posted November 22, 2005 4:14:51 AM
False memories from dreams Lately I've been having the strangest dreams ever. I will dream that I remember something that never actually took place in my real life. While dreaming, I could swear to anyone that the event took place. However, as soon as I wake up and open my... 
Posted October 15, 2005 6:08:06 AM
Sound only works after restarting sound system with YaST under SuSE After installing SuSE 9.3, I realized that I had left my onboard sound card enabled in the BIOS. When I booted up Linux, it was using the onboard sound card as the default (other than my Sound Blaster Live). After deleting the entry for t... 
Posted August 17, 2005 4:50:09 AM
Logitech MX700 mouse recharging problems After leaving the mouse to recharge over night, it gets hot enough to burn me the next morning when I touch it. It also doesn't seem to be recharging fully. Thirty minutes after a full recharge, the blinking red light will come on saying the b... 
Posted June 6, 2005 12:58:59 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Multiverse Theory Control is the ability to affect the outcome of something without any limitations at all. A good example of complete control would be the design of a computer software. If my knowledge of programming is truly unlimited, then I can say I have contro... 
Posted June 11, 2010 7:21:43 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by superpig I think equating the awesome majesty of the entire known universe to a Hollywood blockbuster is maybe lacking a bit of perspective, but still: what's so bad about watching a movie? For me, I crave control. If my lif... 
Posted June 10, 2010 11:45:27 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by superpig I should note that Wikipedia is not a good resource on this topic; not everybody equates 'empirical theory' with 'scientific theory.' I prefer the idea by people like Deutsch to use something that is more like 'e... 
Posted June 10, 2010 11:29:05 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by Hodgman But it's not a theory. In the context of science, "theory" has a specific meaning. Your "theory" doesn't seem to be quatafiable and isn't based on observation, so it's just an idea. You've got a bunch of philosop... 
Posted June 10, 2010 11:24:11 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:But as far as life potentially being meaningless, just what sort of meaning do you think would be sufficient? The best "scientific" answer I can come up with for a "meaningful" life is that it is defined with respect to each individual, and ea... 
Posted June 10, 2010 8:56:36 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by Oberon_Command So basically, you're rejecting something on grounds that its falsehood makes things nice for you. How logical and rational. Illogical on a universal scale, yes. Though if you think about it, the curr... 
Posted June 9, 2010 10:53:44 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by Hodgman It sounds like you're definition of an "agent" here is the human concisousness/soul/etc, is that right? Sort of. Instead of encompassing the entire human consciousness, I am thinking of the "human agent" being a si... 
Posted June 9, 2010 5:00:03 PM
Multiverse Theory Sorry for taking so long to reply; I have been busy with work. Also, my responses last Friday weren't given with my brain's best ability-- though, that too can help enlighten me given the situation. My explanation of an orphaned universe: A univ... 
Posted June 7, 2010 11:56:03 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by Oberon_CommandWhy must the universe be "designed" at all? Whence came this term "designed" and what justifies its use? In all honesty, the "designed" terminology came from me, really because I am again relying on my pas... 
Posted June 4, 2010 10:28:38 PM
Multiverse Theory Quote:Original post by Obscure Relativity/Time Travel.... err no. As discussed above. Quote:Original post by Eleventy Each parallel universe within the multiverse is a single instance of all possible outcomes for all events that occur in time fo... 
Posted June 4, 2010 9:38:15 PM
View All Replies Made By This User