Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know kurtkz...  
Full Name  
Nickname kurtkz 
State/Province, Country Cape Town
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.geocities.com/kurtkz 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/17/2007 5:06:01 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GP2X Wiz Engine & 3D Game Hi all, these are screenshots of a putt-putt/puzzle game running on the GP2X Wiz (Wiki article). The game is being developed by myself (programmer) and Peter Traylor (artist extraordinaire - blog) and we hope to release it in the not-too-dist... 
Posted September 5, 2010 2:40:17 PM
3D modeler required for cricket game Hi all, I'm putting the finishing touches to my arcade/management/simulation cricket sports game. It is probably the most complete implementation of cricket out there (and most playable), but is severely lacking in the graphics department. That's... 
Posted March 11, 2010 1:46:23 AM
Cricket Game Hi all, these are screenshots from a cricket game I was working on last year. As you can see the graphics are...uhm...programmer art :) Features: * one-day formats: ODI, Slog, T20, Simulation * game modes: Exhibition, Tournament,... 
Posted February 19, 2008 11:44:52 AM
Artist needed for cutesy 2D shooter - GeoJelly Team Name - *ahem* it's just me at the moment so no team :/ Project Name - GeoJelly Brief Description - The game has been in production for the last few days and I'm hoping to complete a full-playable version in the next month. It is a standard... 
Posted August 17, 2007 6:12:55 AM
GeoJelly GeoJelly -------- A cutesy side-scrolling shooter developed in C# using my own game engine using the Tao bindings. GAME PLAY MECHANICS: -------------------- [.] Tumiki fighters ship aggregation [.] bullet skirting -> greater firepower... 
Posted August 17, 2007 11:03:24 AM
GeoJelly :) Hi everyone, this is my first post on gamedev so please bare with me :) I was working on a 2D/3D game engine for the last few months and decided it was time to actually try to do something with it...and this is what I came up with. A sid... 
Posted August 17, 2007 5:57:49 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Any use for ancient DOS code? Hi braindigitalis, if you still have the original assets, why not release those? Everyone needs free art/audio assets :) Alternatively, why not recode the game in a language .NET and release that? I imagine that would help the community more than... 
Posted October 18, 2010 9:11:10 AM
Artificial Intelligence in cricket Hey svarvi, can you give us any more details regarding the algorithms you're using now? It just so happens that I wrote a cricket game a year or two back (used to be called Live Cricket, now called Cricket Heroes). I can't release the source code... 
Posted October 14, 2010 7:30:44 AM
GP2X Wiz Engine & 3D Game Hey all, not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but here's some new screens from our game: Cheers Kurt 
Posted September 14, 2010 2:45:26 AM
GP2X Wiz Engine & 3D Game Quote:Original post by paul_nicholls Very very nice!! I have the black Mk-II F-100 gp2x only unfortunately so I can play it, and I have always wanted to upgrade to a gp2x wiz but I don't have the $$ for it :) Oh well ;) Keep up the gre... 
Posted September 9, 2010 1:04:07 AM
GP2X Wiz Engine & 3D Game Quote:Original post by tariqwalji Very nice work! I've not touched my GP2X in a while so this was a pleasant reminder that the system is still kick ass :P Thanks tariqwalji :) This game is actually for the GP2X Wiz - the successor of the GP2... 
Posted September 6, 2010 12:31:10 AM
Project Euler What a coincidence! I've recently started a new job and apparently the interviewers told my boss I was some hotshot developer (no idea where they got that idea from). Anyhoo, he decided to test me and gave me problem #237 (the rook tour thingy) from... 
Posted May 8, 2009 1:06:05 AM
What did you learn in school? I suppose I was lucky to land the job I did, but I make extensive use of the theoretical stuff I learned while at university. My day usually consists of implementing either bayesian network algorithms, vision processing or integrating these backends... 
Posted March 11, 2009 3:40:24 AM
Diet Pills If you're looking for a healthy, natural alternative to commercial diet pills you should try to find a supplier of hoodia plants in the States. The San have been using it here in South Africa for centuries and it's medicinal benefits have been well d... 
Posted November 14, 2008 5:01:41 AM
Fractal Compression Approach for Efficient Interactive Terrain Rendering on the GPU Forgive my ignorance b3rs3rk, but I too fail to see how this is any different from a really nice GPU clip-map implementation... 
Posted July 7, 2008 3:12:19 AM
Best/Classic "one-liner" from hit titles... Hail to the King, baby :) (10 points to the first person who spots the reference) 
Posted June 20, 2008 4:40:55 AM
View All Replies Made By This User