Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know CarlosNYM...  
Full Name  
Nickname CarlosNYM 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City Spencerport, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1009  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/22/2007 6:57:33 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
NTA Game Development Forum Hey everyone. Recently I decided to create my own game development forum. The point of my forum is to be a complete, comprehensive forum that encompassed all aspects of Game Development but different then Gamedev.net. First off, my forum is more f... 
Posted February 21, 2009 5:33:42 PM
A Real Quick SDL Question I've been looking over a few tutorials on Game Programming in SDL and I made a project in C++ and I have 2 files in it. They both compile but generate one error. First File(complies by itself no problem) #include "SDL/SDL.h" #include... 
Posted October 29, 2007 7:10:28 PM
Setting Up OpenGL Ok, I have recently started learning C++ and OpenGL so I can start making my owns games which something I have always wanted to do since I starting taking computer programming classes in High School. I have a pretty good grasps on the basics of... 
Posted October 13, 2007 1:34:13 AM
Working On a Practice MUDD(C++) Hello, I am currently working on a MUDD to practice functions, loops, and classes. It's going to be fairly simple. 1 world, about 4 enemies maybe 3 skills a few armor upgrades, leveling up. Things have gone a lot better than I expected but I... 
Posted October 15, 2007 7:17:29 PM
OpenGL issue I'm trying to start looking at some OpenGL code. When I compiled the code it gave me this error 50 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\glut.h redeclaration of C++ built-in type `short' And here is the code #include <gl.h> #include <glut.h> ... 
Posted September 14, 2007 8:13:07 PM
OpenGL Header Files Hey I recently found a pretty good OpenGL tutorial that I would like to dabble a little bit in while imlearning C++. However in the examples they use these header files GL/gl.h GL/glut.h I tried installing OpenGL but it keeps giving me the err... 
Posted September 13, 2007 4:59:48 PM
Help Out A Noob-Pointers Hello everyone! If you remember me(probably not) I am back to learn some more C++. I took a little break(more like I got addicted to World Of warcraft and couldnt stop playing it. Stop judging me, its a really addictive game :) ). I'm on pointer... 
Posted August 17, 2007 11:08:10 PM
Please help me fix my code _ So I have been learning C++ now for about a week and decided to take a break from learning new topics to try to do a little project to cement what I already know im my head and it hasnt worked out too well. Here's the code. #include<iostream&... 
Posted July 29, 2007 10:39:55 PM
Problem with private variables I'm working on a text RPG and I have each stat as a seperate variable in a class and their set as private but the compiler wont let me assign a value to them. What am I doing wrong. 
Posted July 28, 2007 7:32:01 PM
Need some bug busting! I am working on a little bit code to be a text RPG to test my knowledge and I have written this function. It compiles but when the loop preforms the code more then once it doesnt ask for the name again. it just says "You Choose Is... 
Posted July 28, 2007 6:30:58 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A Real Quick SDL Question but im lazy..... Lol, Yea, its not too much trouble I just wanted to know if there was any other reason. But the main theory makes a lot of sense. I have tried going to another compiler but Code Blocks is ehh, i dunno I just dont like a lot... 
Posted October 29, 2007 7:38:09 PM
The Game Industry: Getting a Job Anyone who has worked in the gamedev industry can answer this question pretty easy so I'll just leave it open, anyway My friend and I were having a friendly little debate, I guess you ould say about the how a job in the Gaming Industry would be. M... 
Posted October 24, 2007 6:59:52 PM
Setting Up OpenGL YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got the code to work, or YOU guys finally got the code to work. Im so excited I cant wait to start making some interactive programs....NOW WITH GRAPHICS!!!! 
Posted October 17, 2007 6:19:19 PM
Setting Up OpenGL Well, an MMOFPS of course! lol, j/k. I guess I would start with a relatively easy game like pong/breakout clone. I'm really sure, just something easy. 
Posted October 17, 2007 3:23:30 PM
Working On a Practice MUDD(C++) Wow, misread that lol, I was wondering why someone would a noob's help. Well, I'm just going to try to plan some stuff out see what kind of code I'm capable of doing and see If I can get it to work out. 
Posted October 17, 2007 2:39:14 PM
Working On a Practice MUDD(C++) Yea, I could probably try something like that, but wouldnt need indiviual methods to increase the attack or defense or Hp or w/e? About your RPG, you mean you want me to work on it with you, or just share ideas? Well, w/e tell me your email or g... 
Posted October 16, 2007 3:09:17 PM
Setting Up OpenGL I can find the file I was previously using so I made a different one using the same code and now I am getting this error 1 C:\Dev-Cpp\Window!.cpp In file included from Window!.cpp 50 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\GL\glut.h redeclaration of C++ built... 
Posted October 13, 2007 11:58:52 AM
Setting Up OpenGL Do you need to do #include<glu32.lib> and have that file in the include folder of the compiler? Also when i downloaded the OpenGL SDK the only libraries it came with were glu and opengl so where do I get glu32? 
Posted October 13, 2007 1:53:30 AM
OpenGL issue :( people have been givng me bad rating, all ivebeen doing is asking questions.... 
Posted September 14, 2007 8:14:03 PM
OpenGL Header Files Oh ok, I was able to get the glu.h file but I can not find the gl.h file. What is this Windows SDK? Something that comes with OS or something I have to download? 
Posted September 13, 2007 9:48:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User