Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know funvill...  
Full Name funvill s
Nickname funvill 
State/Province, Country White rock
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.funvill.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Coding monkey 
Job Description I make tools and shit that no one else wants to do, been doing it since 2000 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1060  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/19/2001 2:27:51 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Resource loader, any suggestions? Hello I was thinking about making a resource loader for 2d game engine, I have an idea of how I think it should work, Any suggestions, comments or links to articles or tutorials would help greatly. I was thinking of creating a XML file with... 
Posted December 15, 2005 1:37:55 AM
Torque Game Engine? Hello I’m considering buying the Torque Game Engine I have heard a lot of good things about it but nothing recently, Has anyone had any experience with it recently? What I’m planning on using it for is a turn based tactic games closely r... 
Posted September 22, 2004 3:18:51 PM
forums RSS feed. hello in a few places [1] I have found people talking about getting RSS feed for a topic or the forums... I looked around and i don't see anyway of doing this. Can you point me in the right direction? Does this even exist? Thank you... 
Posted September 9, 2004 7:25:08 PM
Differnt post apocalyptic settings. One of the biggest clutches for RPGs IMHO is post apocalyptic game setting Some of the most popular ones are - Nuclear war, everyone drops there bomes and we kill our self’s - Meteor strike, one big rock falls from the sky pushes up... 
Posted August 26, 2004 3:51:50 PM
MFC + Directx Hello I am making a solar system simulator in directX and I was thinking of using MFC for the GUI controls, basically having a directX panel in the center of my dialog and buttons, text boxes, and combo boxes around the out side of the window. ... 
Posted August 19, 2004 3:03:58 PM
Why is everyone jumping on the Cell phone Gamedev Why is everyone jumping on the Cell phone Gamedev It seems like just about every where I turn people are getting in to mobile game.( Cell phones ) Two of my friends just graduated collage and both of them when in to mobile game development... 
Posted August 14, 2004 11:16:03 PM
VS.net 2003 - Time to upgrade Hello My boss and a few of my other co-workers are still using VS6. After 6 months of me telling them its time to upgrade, my boss told me to make up an e-mail with a few reasons why they should, and he would READ IT and spread it around, the of... 
Posted July 29, 2004 6:41:08 PM
What you need to be a good programer. My prof gave me this list of things i should know before i consider my self a "Good/" programer - Commutation skills ( the ability to communicate your ideas and concerns ) - Business sense ( the difference between Price, cost, value) - People... 
Posted July 21, 2004 10:10:33 PM
What does a Game designer do after... Sorry for my ignorance but what does a game designer do after the game has been started Ok so I designer for a game Make and explain all the class diagrams Background information find all the tools and tech for the game. Story line All t... 
Posted July 19, 2004 5:48:54 PM
Free dedicated server ??? Hello I was wondering how the free server based games support them self’s I know they accept is donation but I highly doubt that donations can support the full bandwidth cost. Advertisement? i have never really looked in to placing adds ... 
Posted July 15, 2004 3:57:13 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
EULA's. Are they going too far? Its always better to cover your ass, and ambiguity could end up hurting you in the long run. So no, I do not believe that EULA are going too far,  
Posted February 4, 2006 6:02:04 PM
mysql++ ? I have never used Mysql++ but i have had some experence with http://www.sqlite.org/ its pretty simple, and it works well I would suggest you look at it. 
Posted February 4, 2006 5:11:41 PM
Next competition? How about a 2d game where everyone starts with the same media, sounds, sprites, textures... Maybe find a sponsor that has a media pack all set up and they want people to start using it in games to get there name out there or something  
Posted January 15, 2006 3:26:50 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! 
Posted January 1, 2006 3:09:05 AM
Next competition? Quote:Original post by nuvem I'd really like to see a contest where all entries use the same pre-prepared content, and have to use all of it as a part of the gameplay. It'd be interesting to see what games people come up with given a ping-pong ba... 
Posted December 22, 2005 12:53:41 AM
how do i 'Install' my program? Nullsoft's installer is the only way to go, Super easy to use lots of really nice editors out there. and if you like you can make the script by hand <10 lines for most of my projects. http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page 
Posted December 16, 2005 10:25:13 PM
Resource loader, any suggestions? Quote:Original post by SnadderLars Any reason you prefer tag data over properties? I've been prefering properties but maybe it's not a good idea? I always just perfered tag data over proerties because it found it easier to read, the proerties wou... 
Posted December 16, 2005 10:06:01 PM
Resource loader, any suggestions? Nope, I just wanted to make sure that my theroy was sound, and i'm not reinventing the wheel  
Posted December 15, 2005 2:12:00 AM
How difficult do you like your games? I like a game that grows in difficulty, For example its easy when I start, and gives me time to get the hang of the interface, after a while it increases in difficulty until I actually need some skills to complete the game... if i where to sk... 
Posted December 8, 2005 2:41:25 AM
Video game for the blind We had an idea for a choose your down adventure game type game with Microsoft’s speech engine. Using right mouse for option ‘a’ and left mouse for option ‘b’ or what ever pre set keys you wanted. We got the engine done in like 3 hr and a few dec... 
Posted November 18, 2005 6:16:49 PM
View All Replies Made By This User