Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ursus...  
Full Name Piotr Borowiec
Nickname ursus 
State/Province, Country Warszawa   Poland
GD Gathering City Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://piotrb.phpnet.us 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1066  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/21/2004 4:10:57 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Screen fading to black Hi Guys, I was wondering if it's possible to achieve 'screen fading to black' effect using pure Win32, without any external libraries. The only thing that comes to my mind for the moment would be to run through every pixel on the scre... 
Posted January 14, 2007 2:01:08 PM
Whether to or not to OO Gentlemen, Using conventional C I've made several simple games so far. My first projects were not sophisticated so C did relatively well on that as I was working on my own and didn't really require reusability of the code I've written as... 
Posted January 8, 2007 2:43:49 AM
Total hours spent Hello All A simple question I believe. I need to calculate time spent on some activity. Let's say the activity started at 2 o'clock PM and finished at 4 o'clock PM. This case is easy: total_time = end_time start_time 4-2=2 That... 
Posted December 9, 2006 8:07:12 AM
GTA sprites Hello All Several years ago google was full of graphics extracted from GTA. Now all appears to be gone somewhere. I was wondering if you knew some pleace where some of those 2D sprites can be obtained? I was also wondering if there are any t... 
Posted November 21, 2006 3:16:58 PM
Yet one more A* question *SOLVED* Hi, I've been working on the A* pathfinding algorithm for some time now and there is one thing I fail to understand. I've managed to implement the algorithm partially basing on the 'A* Pathfinding for Beginners' tutorial successf... 
Posted October 22, 2006 5:16:05 AM
My first 3D game Hello All, Here is my first 3D game. Nothing fancy really but I though I'll share it here: http://piotrb.phpnet.us/hedgemazeeng.html If you have any(!) comments I'll be glad to hear them. Thank you 
Posted September 17, 2006 3:06:03 PM
Window focus Hello all, I would really, really, really appreciate an example/article/tutorial or any help on how to handle Window (created basing on NeHe template) alt-tabbing. I’ve been trying to find something and work it out myself for around a we... 
Posted September 1, 2006 4:42:41 AM
Desperately looking for help Guys, I’m aware this is not very polite to stick messages asking for help into multiple forums but I’ve been trying to work out one thing and I’m not very successful. Actually I’m stuck and desperately looking for help. Here is the post: h... 
Posted September 9, 2006 5:37:58 AM
Window loosing/regaining focus Hello Programmers, I’ve been working for some time now on handling a window that looses focus but the results are rather miserable. What I’m trying to achieve is: when the window looses focus (alt-tab etc) the window switches to the win... 
Posted August 30, 2006 3:22:13 PM
Yet one more post about FPS Hello all For a while now I’ve been wondering about one thing. This is what I do to lock the frame rate: if (frame_time >= (1.0f / 50)) { //do things } In this case the locked FPS rate should be 50. Well it isn’t. It gets close wh... 
Posted August 6, 2006 8:39:28 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Deeper Dungeons Good job! Very well done! No problems/bugs found. Looks very polished. I cannot resist the feeling that your game is only a beginning of some larger project? 
Posted March 18, 2007 5:43:39 PM
RTS Pathing Representation I'm sure there are options here but from what I can see almost all the games use some kind of the grid representation. Squares are easy to manage and implement. The point is to make the grids invisible and an illusion of smooth movement I'd think 
Posted March 11, 2007 4:14:01 AM
3d game Cool little game. I've seen your previous release. It's good to see you progressing! The game is kind of similar to what I did (can be found at my personal web page) but I didn't implement any models. Good work! 
Posted February 19, 2007 3:15:34 AM
I think i want to quit game programming??? Hmm, interesting thoughts you guys brought up here. I am 30 years old and I'm also asking myself similar questions after around 5 simple, little games completed. It took me around 3 years of evenings and weekends programming, learning, reading and... 
Posted February 15, 2007 1:07:58 PM
Making an character move (walk) What I implemented in my latest project (and what is done in most similar games from what I know) is some (most popular A*) path finding algorithm. Once the path to the destination is found I made my sprite move by 4 pixels every fame (that lasts... 
Posted January 29, 2007 3:32:18 AM
Screen fading to black Thank you very much for your answers. This is getting even more interesting! I knew pros have some aces up their sleeves 
Posted January 17, 2007 12:47:16 PM
Screen fading to black Quote:Original post by Daniel Miller Couldn't you draw a black rectangle on the screen with decreasing transparency? I'm not sure how. This is why I asked in the first place :)  
Posted January 16, 2007 4:39:49 PM
Screen fading to black GetDIBits and SetDIBits sound promissing. Thank you guys for help! 
Posted January 16, 2007 1:53:22 PM
Whether to or not to OO Thanks guys for all your replies! Greatly appreciated 
Posted January 10, 2007 4:42:26 AM
Need Code for A star path finding Hi, I was trying to work out the A* alghoritm not too long ago myself. Please check this thread: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=420517 At my last post I attached something I invented that day. It's far from... 
Posted December 14, 2006 3:53:48 PM
View All Replies Made By This User