Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Sir Sapo...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Sir Sapo 
State/Province, Country OR   United States
GD Gathering City Astoria, OR, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL dm-studios.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1443  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/7/2004 11:53:04 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/Sapo/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Angels 20 Angels 20 is a flight-action game my friend and I have been working on for a couple of months now. It's based on the original Wings of Fury, but we've added a few of our own unique twists on the concept. In Angels 20 you fly an ad... 
Posted October 10, 2005 9:33:31 PM
PhysicsFS build trouble Hey everyone! I'm trying to get PhysicsFS to work, but I've run into some problems. For the life of me I can't get the damn thing to build. I've followed all the instructions given in the most recent version, but I have no idea what the hell I'm... 
Posted July 24, 2007 3:00:37 AM
Stargate SG-1 Stargate SG-1 series finale in 5 minutes!!! 
Posted June 22, 2007 10:40:48 PM
std::vector efficiency Hey everyone, I've been reading up on STL containers lately, and I learned that it is much less efficient to erase objects from the middle of std::vectors than it is to erase them from the end of the vector. In my game I have a rather la... 
Posted January 2, 2007 2:29:48 AM
FMod question I'm using FMod for the sound in my game, and I'm wondering whether I should assign each sound sample its own dedicated channels to play in, or should I just use FSOUND_FREE to find a free channel whenever something needs playing? Thanks in advance 
Posted December 27, 2006 12:06:14 AM
Odd Rebuild Problem Hey everyone, I ran into a problem today that I haven't ever seen before, and I was wondering if anyone knows what could be causing it. In my project, every class includes this header file that has all my constants defined in it. This worked fin... 
Posted December 14, 2006 1:05:05 AM
Negative Effect Hey everyone, I was wondering, if there was any way to create a negative colors effect in OpenGL. I'd like to have an effect like the one I doctored below, but I'm not sure where to start. Before: After Thanks in advance. 
Posted September 7, 2006 8:01:01 PM
boost::shared_ptr question Hey everyone, Just a quick question about using shared pointers. If I reassign a shared_ptr point to something else, and the reference count of the previously pointed to object is 0, will the shared_ptr automatically delete the old pointer when t... 
Posted August 20, 2006 3:37:11 AM
A series of questions.... Hey everyone, I've got few questions I thought up today, and instead of spamming the board with a couple threads, I thought I'd throw em all into one, and hoep someone could help me out. Question 1 Is it faster to split large sprites up into... 
Posted July 14, 2006 3:30:52 AM
Static variables Hey everyone, In my game, I need all of my objects to have access to a std::vector of integers. All the objects derive from a single base class called "Thing". I'm thinking about putting a static std::vector of integers in the baseclass, so I &#... 
Posted July 13, 2006 6:57:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Any pilots out there? Hey there, I've got my Private Airplane License and my Commercial Glider rating, and I'm at the Air Force Academy right now, so hopefully I'll be flying something cool in a few years. It'll be interesting to see who else on the forums comm... 
Posted January 25, 2009 10:39:49 PM
2d uneven terrain If you want to just have rolling hills with no overhangs, you can use a simple 2D heightmap. Thats what we used in our flying game to get uneven terrain:  
Posted January 12, 2008 12:32:48 AM
Show us your YouTube videos Here's a video I found of my dad doing the whole fighter pilot thing at an airshow. F-4 Phantom Heritage Flight He's the one flying the F-4 (the first jet shown in the video), the video takes a while to get to the good stuff, but its kinda... 
Posted December 28, 2007 2:44:38 AM
GDNet at the Movies: I Am Legend Yeah, I was really disappointed that they didn't use the "I am Legend" meaning from the book and instead went with that cop out epilouge. I was really hoping that when the alpha vampire guy stuck his head out into the sun and when he laid the trap f... 
Posted December 27, 2007 2:34:23 PM
Brain Downloads I'm wondering how you become a "Leading thinker on the future", sounds like a nice job....  
Posted December 27, 2007 1:43:24 AM
Spacecraft Design If it ain't a Super Star Destroyer then I wont play it... 
Posted October 9, 2007 11:53:26 PM
Your dream game-movie adaptation? Crimson Skies FTW!! 
Posted October 8, 2007 12:33:12 AM
A Novel Approach to Cost Reduction of Aircraft Engines Well I doubt there's any real solution to the whole ingesting a bird problem, as the only way to completely stop a bird from passing through the engine is to completely block off the intake, which obviously isn't going to work. Luckily most c... 
Posted August 9, 2007 8:49:26 PM
GDNet at the Movies: On the burden of being Bourne Quote:Original post by Iron Chef Carnage Any boobs? nope 
Posted August 7, 2007 2:39:36 AM
Convert int to string Whoops, guess I need to read the question a little more carefully[grin] 
Posted August 7, 2007 2:32:18 AM
View All Replies Made By This User