Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nsmadsen...  Moderator - Music and Sound
Full Name Nathan Madsen
Nickname nsmadsen 
State/Province, Country CO   United States
GD Gathering City Denver, CO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.madsenstudios.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID nsmadsen 
Yahoo IM ID nsmadsen 
Current Occupation
Job Title Composer-Sound Designer 
Job Description Anything and everything related to audio in video games 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1717  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/22/2006 9:02:01 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
An Overview to Game Development
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Need audio? (Music, sound design, voice overs, fart noises) Hey guys, I don't often promote my own services here on GD.net but I've recently finished up some projects and have a few openings to support more projects. Since 2005 I've been involved in all kinds of projects - big to small, casual to har... 
Posted January 6, 2011 4:57:17 PM
Friendly Reminder!!!! Hey guys, Just a friendly reminder that the Music and Sound forum is all about sharing your work, discussion, tips, gear and industry stuff (as it relates to audio). If you're looking for a job (contract or full time) then the place to post your... 
Posted January 3, 2011 6:53:23 PM
New Sound Design Mock Up Reel Hey guys, When I'm in between clients I've been doing sound design mock ups to practice as well as give my portfolio more sound design material. I wanted to share them with you: Kung Fu Panda Tron Legacy God of War III Bolt I'... 
Posted November 12, 2010 11:26:12 AM
Castlevania: LoS Score I'm playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow right now and overall the game is pretty solid. Visually it's incredible! But one of the biggest flaws I've seen so far in the game (and I'm only about 3-5 hours into it) is the score! It's t... 
Posted November 8, 2010 11:02:53 AM
Side project: Relaxation CD Hey guys, Here's a side project that I recently released: http://madsenstudios.bandcamp.com/album/the-view-from-here This album has over 36 minutes of meditative, laid back songs meant to inspire reflection, relaxation and inner peace. Th... 
Posted September 10, 2010 4:15:57 PM
Wing Commander?? Recently I've had the urge to play a great space game similar to a Wing Commander or Privateer. Those games were so much fun to play but my google searches have only led to fan remakes and info on the original games. Maybe I've been living... 
Posted July 25, 2010 7:27:45 PM
Good Old Games Hey guys, Last month's Game Informer issue talked about Good Old Games (gog.com) so I checked it out. While the library is still growing, gog.com offers you the ability to purchase older PC games that are free of DRM. I've already brought Beyond... 
Posted March 22, 2010 10:20:34 AM
BioShock 2 Has anyone else started playing this yet? My very rough, initial thoughts are: (no spoilers included.... I think!) -I like the new premise. Defending the little sister while she is harvesting is a great spin on the experience. -I miss the... 
Posted February 9, 2010 7:12:38 PM
REMINDER Hey guys, Just a quick reminder that the Music and Sound forum is more about sharing ideas, discussion and getting feedback on your work and not about recruiting for projects. If you're wanting to promote your stuff to potential clients then... 
Posted March 3, 2010 12:35:58 PM
Composition Contest RESULTS and COMMENTS POSTED!! The second GD.net Composition Contest is now open! Basic Details: The contest starts today (Monday Sept 7th) and will end on Wednesday Oct 7th at 10PM Mountain time. Each contestant will score music (style of their choice) to the dem... 
Posted September 7, 2009 11:58:41 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Fast paced music for extended periods Quote: I do know a few games that are very good at this, Such as? Music looping for long periods of time works if the game itself is really fun. For example, Castle Crashers has some fantastic music but the harder levels can take a while to... 
Posted January 6, 2011 9:27:29 AM
I need a team. No template. Feel free to post again if you follow the template (which has already been linked for you). Thanks! Nate 
Posted January 4, 2011 9:01:49 PM
iPhone Game/App Developers... Please don't cross post on these forums. Also you've started new threads when your old ones were still open and active. This just adds clutter. Refer to the forum FAQ for guidelines. Thanks, Nate 
Posted January 3, 2011 9:44:59 PM
You want awesome music? I need a job! Please don't cross post. 
Posted January 3, 2011 6:50:46 PM
New Sound Design Mock Up Reel Here's a teaser that I was actually commissioned to do: Gemini Wars Teaser Thanks! Nate 
Posted January 3, 2011 4:58:41 PM
Music production for you! Moving to the Help Wanted forum where you'll be able to interact with recruiting projects. Thanks! Nathan 
Posted January 3, 2011 4:57:08 PM
Reuben Cornell - Composer - Emotive Motifs and superfast production Please don't cross post. It just adds clutter. I'm going to close this post but keep the one in the HW forum open. Thanks, Nate 
Posted January 2, 2011 6:16:53 PM
'Project Paradox' needs an audio artist No template. 
Posted January 2, 2011 2:29:36 PM
'Project Paradox' needs an audio artist To recruit in this forum you must follow the mandatory posting template, otherwise your post will be closed. You can find the posting template in the stickies section of the forum. Thanks! Nate 
Posted January 1, 2011 5:59:09 PM
Happy New Year! Happy New Years guys!! 
Posted December 31, 2010 7:36:06 PM
View All Replies Made By This User