Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Coz...  
Full Name Eduardo Hernández
Nickname Coz 
State/Province, Country Distrito Nacional   Dominican Republic
GD Gathering City Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title College student 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1046  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/6/2002 7:27:06 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Quaternion rotations I have no problem at using a single Quaternion to rotate a point, or with interpolating between two quaternions. I think about Quaternions as some sort of axis-angle rotation. However, handling axis separately is difficult for me. For example, I h... 
Posted March 24, 2010 3:38:03 PM
gltexgen & texture matrix celshading Hi all, I have been trying to apply cel shading( no outlines needed ) to a model, but I'm limited to the fixed function pipeline. I know this can be achieved with glTexGen, and in fact, using a 1D texture( dark to white ) with a GL_SPHERE_MAP work... 
Posted April 20, 2009 9:36:39 AM
About source code/media repository directories I am working on an open source game, and we want to add a new directory to the SVN repository that contains the source media, that is, the working files(for example, for images, they would be in GIMP's or Photoshop native formats). The issue... 
Posted May 15, 2007 5:38:14 AM
GL_LINE_LOOP closes early Hi! I'm trying to draw a track's borders using GL_LINE_LOOP, and everything seems to be fine, except for one weird problem: You can see the lines going back to the first point of the line loop, as if it was closing. At first I was thi... 
Posted November 30, 2006 3:23:14 PM
Variated rooms based game I had a dream last night which gave me some ideas, and thought I don't mean to get these ideas into a game, it doesn't means I won't use it someday ;) Think about a single player, where the world is made up of rooms. All rooms(except the first o... 
Posted June 28, 2006 3:22:37 PM
Random encounters with hard to beat foes Suppose there is a game with two kinds of enemies, the ones who appear most of the time and are easy to beat, always in packs with similar behavior and give a very very small reward, *and* the rare hard ones which should be avoided to stay... 
Posted June 28, 2006 3:48:44 PM
A question about the GPL Hello... I was wondering something. Supposedly, if I use some GPL'ed code and modify it, as long as I do not make the binaries available to persons who would give it away I wouldn't be forced to show the code. However, what would happen if I ha... 
Posted March 10, 2006 8:06:39 PM
Small function's implementations in headers Recently I have been working with some code which basicly has all the short functions(1 or 2 lines) implementation right in the header instead of just the declaration of the function. Is this a good idea? It might help people find small functions eas... 
Posted March 14, 2006 5:05:58 PM
Take care of this life This is just an idea I had yesterday when I was falling asleep, it's about 54 lines long, and obviously I don't have plans to turn it into a game at the moment. Your character is a guardian entity. The task given to you by a higher being is to cre... 
Posted February 9, 2006 5:43:41 PM
About the For Beginner's section. I pointed out someone who is a complete newbie there, and he got lost.. The link to How do I make games? is targetted at programmers(if so, a better question would be, how do I program games?), but I think that question should be targetted at comp... 
Posted December 18, 2005 5:39:02 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Quaternion rotations Okay so, Euler angles works fine except when the object has to pass from the -180 to +180 degrees boundary( because the smallest angle between my desired direction and the current direction switches signs ). So I took part of Eric_Brown's method,... 
Posted March 28, 2010 9:01:40 PM
Quaternion rotations Quote:[...]you can use my current favorite method, where you use the initial and final vectors to construct Δq.[...] A small follow-up: I ended up using Euler angles any ways. Though I definitely will use the useful information you gave in th... 
Posted March 25, 2010 12:47:31 PM
Quaternion rotations Thank you, VERY useful. =] 
Posted March 24, 2010 7:39:02 PM
Quaternion rotations Quote:Original post by bzroom I dont think your character should react to torques in this manor. It should be handled at a higher level, with animations and stuff. I plan to add an animation too. Quote:But anyways. I'm not sure how accurate it... 
Posted March 24, 2010 5:49:50 PM
Import from Blender You need to export the model to a file format that your program can convert to OpenGL, since Blender's own .blend format is probably unsuitable to be used by other programs. You'll have to figure out yourself which file format fulfills best your need... 
Posted April 27, 2009 2:23:30 AM
Why do devs not want customer feedback? I'm too sleepy to think about how much it relates to commercial projects, but I used to work on a Free software / Open Source game, and they are usually pretty open to feedback. Being entusiast at first, we wanted all the feedback we could ge... 
Posted December 13, 2008 1:29:07 AM
A Realistic Planet Is Pointless Quote:Original post by Wavinator Are future games going to give us territory fatigue? Not too long ago I moved from the US to Canada, and one of the cheapest flights I could get sent me from California to Vancouver and then over what felt li... 
Posted June 15, 2008 12:44:43 AM
seams in blending I'm not sure it will give enough information for the solution to your problem, but images would help. 
Posted May 13, 2008 3:50:30 AM
Spectral Logic 1: Is it even worth writing a design document for a school project? Since you won't actually make a game( unrelated to it being a school project ) and don't have to give your teacher a design document, it seems like an overkill. Just detail the ar... 
Posted May 10, 2008 2:13:57 AM
do you enjoy games you yourself made? If I don't enjoy it, then there's something wrong with the game. I understand the problem of not having any surprises in a game you make, and the best solution I have found is pseudo-random generation of game elements. 
Posted July 20, 2007 2:15:05 PM
View All Replies Made By This User