Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mumpo...  
Full Name  
Nickname mumpo 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Los Angeles, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1289  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/25/2004 9:01:52 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
good program for 2D models? I wrote a nice 2D graphics engine for myself that uses textured/colored meshes for objects instead of bitmaped sprites. I did it that way because it allows me to cleanly animate an object simply by moving the various meshes that comprise it (such as... 
Posted June 19, 2005 1:41:04 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Recommend me a good 2.1 speaker set I recently got Logitech Z-4 speakers. I have no complaints about their sound quality, although I have only tried them with an old budget sound blaster and my new onboard audio so far. They have plenty of power for a computer speaker setup... 
Posted January 6, 2009 9:03:50 PM
Building a Gaming PC on the cheap Note: I wrote a bit too much perhaps; skim to the linked and bolded parts if you just want the highlights. Case: Get anything that is cheap and seems like it should work; fancy cases are only useful if you need heavy-duty cooling, an extra qu... 
Posted January 6, 2009 8:02:53 PM
Bits, Bytes, and Bitwise Operators Quote:Original post by openglJunkie Why did you include the letter 'b' at the end of the binary notation? I never understood what the purpose of the '0X...' accomplished in representing hex. I read that this was the C++ way of representing hex, bu... 
Posted January 1, 2009 6:29:50 PM
Left 4 Dead Again As far as making the zombies harder to kill on higher difficulties goes... I'm pretty sure they didn't, really, except for the tank and the witch. The regular zombies and the lesser specials go down quite easily even on expert. The diffe... 
Posted December 11, 2008 2:05:01 PM
New machine, should I use Vista 64? I have been using Vista Ultimate 64-bit since it came out. I had quite a bit of trouble finding decent drivers for it for about the first year, but it's fine now. I have two main complaints with it. One is that it makes installing programs a... 
Posted November 7, 2008 3:13:08 PM
Does anyone else think that economics is complete crap? Quote:Original post by Codeka I mean, greed is a rational emotion - fear is irrational. Huh? How, exactly, is greed inherently more rational than fear? 
Posted November 4, 2008 1:12:16 AM
Time for a new GPU - need suggestions I would recommend a Radeon HD 4670. They are several times more powerful than your 6800 GT, have an up-to-date feature set, and don't use much power at all; they get all they need straight from the PCI-E slot. They are also inexpensive and not effe... 
Posted October 19, 2008 8:41:10 PM
Favorite Comics Edit: I to replace my long list with a short one: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja Girl Genius Making Fiends [Edited by - mumpo on October 6, 2008 6:17:23 PM] 
Posted October 2, 2008 4:17:24 PM
Advice on HD Monitors needed Quote:Original post by Dunge Basically you want a 24’ LCD monitor with an HD plug and a 1920X1200 resolution (so computer will have a better resolution than 1080p, but it will be available for the ps3 with a mini black bar, the difference betw... 
Posted September 15, 2008 12:44:02 AM
Anti-Virus that doesn't kill performance ClamWin Free Antivirus is a free, open source virus scanner that has no real impact on system performance for the simple reason that it doesn't do anything unless you ask or schedule it to. It lacks the real-time protection features found in ma... 
Posted August 18, 2008 4:43:51 PM
View All Replies Made By This User